Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2006 6:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GnP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

popping ankles

has anyone ever had an ankle or foot injury which took an extremely long time to heal? i think in my case it is a tendonitis or subluxation injury of some sort. my ankle feels weak and it continually pops and snapps due to this tendon issue (i think). i saw a few doctors and had x-rays done they all told me i should go back to training but i find that doing anything at more than very low level intensity aggrivates the issue. i cannot kick the heavy bag without pains in the foot/shin area. has anyone ever suffered a similar type of injury snapping/ weak ankles? what did you do to heal? any help/information greatly appreciated.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at least you can train though, or cant you? did you sustain injuries? if so how? what did the doctor say the popping was caused by? did you have to do physiotherapy?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    X-rays show bones, not so much tendons, muscles and ligaments.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. Stop trying to self-diagnose while consulting with anonymous internet fucktards like myself. If you have pain, see an orthopedist who specializes in sports conditions. General Practitioners and non-sports docs don't know **** about people pushing their body's limits.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes yes but i did see two orthopeds and they both told me the same thing. perhaps they dont have enough experience with athletes which is why im asking here.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jew
    yes yes but i did see two orthopeds and they both told me the same thing. perhaps they dont have enough experience with athletes which is why im asking here.

Alright then, it could be cancer. Is that more like what you want to hear?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    when i was a little kid i was riding on the back of a bike and my right ankle got caught in the wheel and turned around (think foot pointing the wrong way)

it was a severe sprain and i was in a cast for a while (no idea how long i was like 7 years old.)

to this day (i'm 35 now) that ankle will make popping noises when rotated. doctors tell me it's no big deal, and it's just noise.

i have no pain from that joint (but plenty from my knee, shoulder, neck and lower back, but that's another story for another day.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 11:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I severely sprained my right ankle when my senior year started. I pretty much just rolled it, but really really bad. I was doing sprints on the track and caught the edge of the track and put all my wright on my right ankle (foot rolled inward). Made a LOUD pop follorwed by pain. Couldnt walk on it for a couple days.

I took the entire fall season off from running, but was still able to lift weights. Come winter, I got myself a very rigid air brace that I wore under my wrestling shoe. Looked just like this one http://www.medistox24.com/images/pro...gel.jpg651.jpg .The brace plus the high ankle on wrestling shoes made it impossible to roll my ankle (I still had significant weakness in my ankle and would roll it frequently during casual walking). I was able to train and compete at the intensity I needed. I never even came close to reinjuring it while wresting in matches and tournaments.

That was last year. I have no more weakness in my ankle. I dont roll it. It doesnt make popping noises or snap in the morning and I dont wear a brace anymore.

Id say it took me 9 months of babying the injury and wearing the brace during any training to get it back to 100%.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2007 5:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looks like an aircast. see rolling the ankle or pushing the toes down so the foot is pointed an streching doesnt hurt but i guess its more of a strain at a certain spot right beneath the ankle closer to the foot. i think i would like to e-mail a sports doctor who trains m.a. to just ask his opinion but i think it will be o.k. god willing. i just cant deal with waiting for it to heal i hardly have the patience and want to go train.