Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 6:40pm

Style: Sanda, Taijiquan ( Chen)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Z
    So he travelled all the way to China to end up practicing Sanshou?

...When he could just have joined Ramon Dekkers' gym in NL.

Pretty much... But I'm not actually learning so much Sanda. I do miss my country, though. China has so many problems... I do not regret coming here, though. I've learned a lot of things about life and people. But.. China is THE Bullshido country. There should be a forum; Your Country Sucks.

-------------------------

Lu Tze & LORD ASIA:

I respectfully disagree. On the whole, Judo has many more good MAists that represent the art well. China, being the Bullshido country, constantly misrepresents itself. In other cases, like with Wushu, there was nothing effective about it in the first place unless it was used by professional fighters. I know all about Judo. And just because I just started training in Shuaijiao doesn't mean that I don't know anything about it. What I have seen of Shuaijiao is just much more hardcore than Judo. The training is a manifestation of hell. Judo, by comparison, was a walk in the park. Since we will never agree, let's just leave it at that.

I do not retract my statements of age and law enforcement use (In China). I believe them to be valid points. Suck my balls. They are far from end all points, but when you put all of the advantages together you have a cohesive whole that is just a bad ************. Effective Chinese arts are rare, even - especially in China... I can understand your skepticism. But most of you haven't spent years searching in this country.

I guess you people are taking my words to an exaggerated level (Which is also of my own doing). By real I don't mean t3h r341. I merely mean combat effective. That rules out 90% of MA. The point of this thread has long been lost.. Just, uh, forget its existance.

- Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker
    Last edited by MaartenSFS; 1/06/2007 6:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 7:17pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaartenSFS
    The real masters are not fat balding men...They are lean, mean, fighting machines, baby, and watch out.
    i will! thanks for the heads up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 7:23pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by john joe
    i will! thanks for the heads up.
    You do that, buckaroo. Always check your six. BJJers can rape anyone.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 8:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, you haven't described what is particularly hardcore about it. Can you describe a typical session for us?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lu Tze & LORD ASIA:

I respectfully disagree. On the whole, Judo has many more good MAists that represent the art well. China, being the Bullshido country, constantly misrepresents itself. In other cases, like with Wushu, there was nothing effective about it in the first place unless it was used by professional fighters. I know all about Judo. And just because I just started training in Shuaijiao doesn't mean that I don't know anything about it. What I have seen of Shuaijiao is just much more hardcore than Judo. The training is a manifestation of hell. Judo, by comparison, was a walk in the park. Since we will never agree, let's just leave it at that.
    Please explain exactly is so hardcore about Shuaijiao. Having done both and matched with pple of both arts I can't see how you came to that conclusion, so please elaborate. Also Shuai Jiao didn't really come into play until the 1920's. Eventhough it claims a longer history its very similar to Judo which makes me think that alot of it was developed to be the "Chinese Judo." Don't get me wrong I don't think SJ is bad I just can't see how you find it more hardcore than Judo.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 9:33pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm willing to bet he just came across some bad Judo guys and good Shuaijiao guys.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I'm willing to bet he just came across some bad Judo guys and good Shuaijiao guys.
    Nah, He's form the Nederlands and they are well know for their Judo and MT, both which I have experienced and not always on the winning end. I think that SJ is just new to him.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 9:49pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Nah, He's form the Nederlands and they are well know for their Judo and MT, both which I have experienced and not always on the winning end. I think that SJ is just new to him.
    I didn't realize the Netherlands were a Judo hot spot.

I'm only familiar with the legions of K-1 fighters that hail from the region.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 5:56am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A typical class [here] would consist of:

Running for 10-15 minutes. Various stretches, low stances, et cetera.

Line drills:

Forward stretch kicks, side strech kicks. You hold both of your arms up like a bird and with your back straight (On the forward one) you kick up, almost touching the back of your feet on your face and keeping good form, while alternating as you walk down the line. Also other similar stretches. Pretty standard in Wushu. Many more than you feel comfortable doing. If this is your first class you may feel fatigued by the end of this segment. You WILL be dripping with sweat.

Shuaijiao Jibengong:

Diefa (Way of the fall). This is where, in my opinion, Shuaijiao really stands out. Now other types of MA also have falls... But none, to my knowledge, drill this as much or as hardcore (For lack of a better word). For example, a simple back fall escalates into a jumping, in-the-air-backwards-summersault, back fall at the higher levels. A simple roll is turned into a jumping, diving roll. Now, some of you may say that you have seen the jump, then land in a roll thing... But these people jump a lot higher than your average MAist and the floor is solid concrete (So0O unforgiving..). Doing these wrong, which is required to learn the techniques, is extremely painful. And we do them again... and again... and again... Ad infinitum. The higher levels are not for fighting, or for show... They are to make your body as hard as a rock, but land like a butterfly. The theory is that by doing millions of falls and rolls you will be ready for any impact to your body whatsoever and your sense of balance will be far more acute. For biginners this will be hell as every part of your body cries out in unison to stop the madness.

After this it's time for some Sanda foundation training. We do some formation (Not really) drills where we go through a Taolu (Kata), mostly in Mabu (Horsestance) and various other low stances while doing blocks and punches. And these stances are VERY low. Spirits are high and warcries abound. Good stuff here as well. If you were fatigued and sore before, you will feel no better here.. And your energy, assuming you had any left, would be dwindling by this time.

Then it's time for pad(No, not the kind in your girlfriend's underwear)/bag work. Mostly punches and roundkicks high and low. Some sidekicks as well.

Now it's time for some sparring. Sanda, Shuaijiao, or Sanda/Shuaijiao, mostly Sanda/Shuaijiao. Some students doing Sanda/Shuaijiao/Qinna with the teacher.

Then the last stretch is in sight... But it doesn't get easier...

About 200 "fists close together" low push-ups. I made it to this point and finished all of 75 push-ups before wiping out for the night. But that was after my first day of regular class after six continuous days of private lessons, so it could have been worse.

Many students also practise Iron Palm training at home and their claws, er... fingers feel like syringes when they grab you.

That sums it up. The segments are normally like that but they alternate between which they focus the most on during the class. Around tournament time they work overdrive.

All in all this is some hardcore ****...But, even though I'm getting my arse kicked, I'm really loving the change. I hope this report satisfies the likes of ye..

Last edited by MaartenSFS; 1/07/2007 6:06am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/07/2007 6:07am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i love how you try and make it sound so HARDKOER. sounds pretty much like most gyms ive seen, although they have less pointless **** like doing 200 press ups (get a fuckin bench already)
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast