228236 Bullies, 4302 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 84
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MaartenSFS is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Guilin, China
    Posts
    276

    Posted On:
    1/03/2007 10:08pm


     Style: Sanda, Taijiquan ( Chen)

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry... It's been a while. There was an earthquake in Taiwan and virtually all international telecommunications were lost. But that didn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of Sanda. Infact, I'm not really learning Sanda right now..

    After a long talk with an Wujing about what is and what is not effective he decided that I was worthy of being taught Shuaiqin, a system the police use. Shuaijiao+Qinna = Shuaiqin. The theory goes that after breaking the enemy's balance with Shuaijiao the Qinna can be applied. First I'm learning Shuaijiao, which isn't easy with someone of my body shape. The classes are gruelling and the teachers are merciless. But they all have a good fighting spirit, something so commonly lacking today. Everything is practical. No bullshido present. Infact, the main teacher is very modest and, before I had a chance to say anything, told me all about how Chinese gongfu has stagnated. One thing that I like about Shuaijiao is that they prefer to throw the opponent and they batter them with strikes to the face, before moving on to the next opponent. In multiple opponent situations I think this could be useful.

    The teachers there are traditionalists, IE. they try to keep the ancient training methods and martial culture alive. They also call each other Shixiong, Shidi,Xiongdi (Teacher older brother/teacher younger brother, younger brother, depending on how long they have trained = Ancient terms). But, of course they have also incorporated techniques from Western boxing into Sanda, which they feel perfectly fine with. If it works, use it.

    During my private daytime lessons I will be taught Shuaiqin and during the evening classes I will study Sanda, along with the rest of the students. Everything has a combat/self-defense focus. Sanda>Shuaijiao>Qinna>immobilised.

    After years in China I have finally found what I was looking for. Best of all, perhaps, is that I am not paying a cent for it. It is their one and only passion. The main teacher, who teaches the police told me that he could also introduce me to someone who could teach me how to fight with the police baton. Exciting ****..

    - Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker
    Last edited by MaartenSFS; 1/03/2007 10:15pm at .
  2. Lu Tze is offline

    BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    W. Yorks, UK
    Posts
    5,018

    Posted On:
    1/03/2007 11:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you find it ironic that you travelled to China and spent years searching for something worthwhile to practice, when your home country has probably the best muay thai outside of Thailand? Doubly ironic in that Sanda was developed at least partly in answer to muay thai in the first place.

    Life's like that sometimes I suppose.

    (I'm assuming you're Dutch from your handle, if not ignore this drivel)
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 1/03/2007 11:11pm at .
  3. meng_mao is offline
    meng_mao's Avatar

    software engineer

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007

    Posted On:
    1/04/2007 2:04am

    supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaartenSFS
    The teachers there are traditionalists, IE. they try to keep the ancient training methods and martial culture alive. They also call each other Shixiong, Shidi,Xiongdi (Teacher older brother/teacher younger brother, younger brother, depending on how long they have trained = Ancient terms).

    The main teacher, who teaches the police told me that he could also introduce me to someone who could teach me how to fight with the police baton. Exciting ****..
    This just reeks of martial LARPism. So badly.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

    "Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White
  4. john joe is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Salford, UK
    Posts
    452

    Posted On:
    1/04/2007 5:47am


     Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^plus obligatory mention of use in law enforcement
  5. MaartenSFS is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Guilin, China
    Posts
    276

    Posted On:
    1/05/2007 7:39pm


     Style: Sanda, Taijiquan ( Chen)

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Do you find it ironic that you travelled to China and spent years searching for something worthwhile to practice, when your home country has probably the best muay thai outside of Thailand? Doubly ironic in that Sanda was developed at least partly in answer to muay thai in the first place.

    Life's like that sometimes I suppose.

    (I'm assuming you're Dutch from your handle, if not ignore this drivel)
    Quite ironic, yes. Not to mention Judo. But I have worked with both now and Shuai Jiao is a lot more hardcore. The difference is almost as big as TKD and MT. I'm disappointed by a lot of things in China, but I'm glad that I came here as I am now happily married and have a successful career ahead of me. And I am Dutch. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    This just reeks of martial LARPism. So badly.
    And you reek of trollism, arsebandit.

    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    ^plus obligatory mention of use in law enforcement
    How cliche of you. I bet you feel really good, now that you've done your duty. Good job.

    It's because of people like you that most people give up searching for real martial arts. You should praise this. DO YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO FIND SOMETHING REAL IN CHINA? FUCKING DIFFICULT.

    GO CRAWL BACK UP YOUR MOTHERS' VAGINA AND DIE IN CHILDBIRTH, YOU LITTLE TURD.

    - Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker
    Last edited by MaartenSFS; 1/06/2007 3:34am at .
  6. HearWa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Vaughan, ON (New Brunswick native)
    Posts
    553

    Posted On:
    1/05/2007 11:18pm


     Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record meng_mao could rape you on command. And if your kung fu is such a "real martial art" prove it to us with video evidence or STFU.
  7. Doctor X is offline
    Doctor X's Avatar

    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,383

    Posted On:
    1/05/2007 11:20pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since so many people have no problem finding "real martial arts" [Tm.--Ed.] as the popularity of Judo, boxing, various mixed MA, wrestling, and hard karate schools demonstrate, I am unaware of what your point is other than you have discovered T3H D34DLY CAPS LOCK!

    I mean, what was so special with all of these people? What discernment did they have that you and all of these "most people" of whom you speak--are they, perchance, made of straw?--lacked? Have you ever talked to a boxer or, worse, a BJJer?

    We are not exactly describing a "brain-trust" here.

    So how come they had the ability to "discover" the real martial arts?

    Better sense of smell?

    Or could it be that they simply wanted to learn to fight effectively rather than chase after delusions?

    --J.D.
  8. HearWa is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Vaughan, ON (New Brunswick native)
    Posts
    553

    Posted On:
    1/05/2007 11:27pm


     Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Since so many people have no problem finding "real martial arts" [Tm.--Ed.] as the popularity of Judo, boxing, various mixed MA, wrestling, and hard karate schools demonstrate, I am unaware of what your point is other than you have discovered T3H D34DLY CAPS LOCK!

    I mean, what was so special with all of these people? What discernment did they have that you and all of these "most people" of whom you speak--are they, perchance, made of straw?--lacked? Have you ever talked to a boxer or, worse, a BJJer?

    We are not exactly describing a "brain-trust" here.

    So how come they had the ability to "discover" the real martial arts?

    Better sense of smell?

    Or could it be that they simply wanted to learn to fight effectively rather than chase after delusions?

    --J.D.
    He's obviously an escapist turd with yellow fever who can't make it in his native culture so he is seeking acceptance in a pseudo-culture with inbred beliefs and values. They should, and probably do have, a name for a psychological condition like that.
  9. Doctor X is offline
    Doctor X's Avatar

    ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,383

    Posted On:
    1/05/2007 11:45pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Fool?"

    I think it is in the DSM-IVR. . . .

    --J.D.
  10. MaartenSFS is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Guilin, China
    Posts
    276

    Posted On:
    1/06/2007 4:00am


     Style: Sanda, Taijiquan ( Chen)

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oke... Where to begin? I guess I'll start here:

    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    For the record meng_mao could rape you on command. And if your kung fu is such a "real martial art" prove it to us with video evidence or STFU.
    Wouldn't that make him some kind of homosexual slave bitch with you as his even gayer master? I don't care who meng_mao is. He contributed absolutely nothing with his cliche comments, much like yourself. And I never said anything about my own "gongfu" so there isn't anything to prove or disprove there... Don't waste thread space, arsehole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Since so many people have no problem finding "real martial arts" [Tm.--Ed.] as the popularity of Judo, boxing, various mixed MA, wrestling, and hard karate schools demonstrate, I am unaware of what your point is other than you have discovered T3H D34DLY CAPS LOCK!

    I mean, what was so special with all of these people? What discernment did they have that you and all of these "most people" of whom you speak--are they, perchance, made of straw?--lacked? Have you ever talked to a boxer or, worse, a BJJer?

    We are not exactly describing a "brain-trust" here.

    So how come they had the ability to "discover" the real martial arts?

    Better sense of smell?

    Or could it be that they simply wanted to learn to fight effectively rather than chase after delusions?

    --J.D.
    I suggest the you go re-read the above post. I complained about China's lack of MA. And I already described what an MA is above. The place that I found is full of people that "simply wanted to learn to fight effectively rather than chase after delusions", which includes me. THAT IS MY FUCKING POINT AND LET ME CAPITALISE IT SO THAT EVEN YOUR MICROSCOPIC BRAIN CAN PICK IT UP THIS SECOND TIME AROUND. Way to jump into a thread without reading the intro, arsehole.

    Also, populairity has nothing to do with effectiveness. Look at TKD.

    Quote Originally Posted by HearWa
    He's obviously an escapist turd with yellow fever who can't make it in his native culture so he is seeking acceptance in a pseudo-culture with inbred beliefs and values. They should, and probably do have, a name for a psychological condition like that.
    The only thing that I want to escape from is your idiocy. And I don't give a **** if you accept me or not. Infact, it would come as an insult. Kindly cease to breathe.

    - Sincerely, Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker
    Last edited by MaartenSFS; 1/06/2007 4:20am at .
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.