Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: judo and karate

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

judo and karate

tomorrow starting i will start training in karate and judo to help my sanshou training instead of muaythai and i will prove that karate and judo are not bs martial arts just give me a month and i will try it out to in a throw down, if it works i stay if it does not then i go back to muay thai

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you have an extensive background in martial arts already and are really really good at learning new ones then 30 days isn't going to do much for you. Unless you're training 5 days a week 6+ hours a day or something. You just won't have any of the techniques really engrained yet.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who said that judo and karate are bs martial arts?
    both depend on instruction and whether you spar and how hard you go when you do, and judo is generally almost always seen as being non-bs, especially with its emphasis on randori

Style
    Karate, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do something more hardcore.. like proving karate/judo mcdojos are not bs. ^_^

Style
    CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on the Karate and the instructor, I have never seen a Judo school that was BS.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am going to be doing judo 4days a week and karate 3 or 4 days a week each 2hours long and then i train by myself for another hour after the class, i was kinda joking on my first post i am trying to see if they are suited for me or not, i have 2 more throwdowns until my sanda tournament and recently i just notice if muay thai is all i am training in i will be thrown like a sandbag, has anyone had any experience with judo and karate before if so please share

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why did you decide to stop training at the muay thai gym?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ
    Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stick with Muay Thai if your just going to spend a month in a dojo. In Judo you will learn basic falls a throw and a pin in a month maybe a choke or an arm bar. The ability to perform then on the other hand you will not have. Only after diligent practice can you hope to become proficent in the techniques. Plus it seems you have too much on your plate with MT Judo and Karate to be decent at anyone or the other.

I would suggest if you are a 5 year veteren of MT then just do Judo. Karate will offer you nothing in the striking aspects and when you actually fight you will be doing more MT than Karate anyway. Plus if you show up to a Mcdojo and round kick the crap out of a white belt they wll not won't you there and you will get t3h d34dly speech.

As I recall San shou is what Cung Le does and it is a mix of MT and Judo. Le does a great job of using solid throws to wear down his opponents. Judo is not for the light at heart. My only suggestion is get into a Judo club that competes regularly. Enjoy the fun.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    Style
    Taai Si Ji Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are in NYC, right? Where are you going to study Judo?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Style
    Yudo, Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    why did you decide to stop training at the muay thai gym?
    Just let it go Ming. Time to time, kids need to learn the hard way by experience...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last