Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice.

--J.D.

P.S. Let me see if I can find it . . .

Nothing says "t3h d34dly"--even MORE then t3h Magic Pants--like:

SOKE CERTIFICATES!!!! [!--Ed.]

Now, this is apparently a legitimate recognition for Soke of Daito Ryu Aiki Jujutsu

I will let the Aikido-types confirm or deny that. At least the guy has menkyo kaiden certificates, the place is based in Japan, it has connections, and he is not a 15 Dan SURPREME Soke Grand Master!

Now here is a nice reputable offer:

In 1995 Richard Stevenson founded the self defense art of Street Martial Science. He also started the World Federation of Universal Combat Systems, now known as the "International Federation of Street Combat Systems".

Joining this Federation is simple. Just send $30.00 to Richard Stevenson and you will recieve a rank recognition certificate which also states that you are a member of the Federation. Once a member, you can order rank certificates through us. There will be a place for you to sign as their instructor. The certificates will be signed by Master Stevenson himself as well. You will also be listed on the Rank Recognition page for anyone in the world to view.

We respect the martial arts and all martial artists. Please send a copy of your rank certificate. We trust that you will not shamefully misrepresent yourself.
    Promotions are $30.00 for dan ranks(Black Belts) *contact for details, and $15.00 for under black belts. Just send the money order and the relavant information(students name,rank,style, Instructors name and title).

Note: Each Dan recognition certificate is $30.00 . For people who have EARNED mutipal Dan Grades in more then one system, I would recomend requesting a recogination certificate for your highest earned rank. WE DO NOT OFFER CROSS RANKING!

Universal Combat Systems
    But I do not think you can get a Soke certificate.

Drat!

--J.D.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Funny part is that in his profile it says he was the head of security for the Arnold Classic Convention- thats where Relson holds his tournaments, both jiu jitsu and mixed martia arts (amatuer and pro) featuring the likes of Daniel Moraes, Saulo Ribeiro, and Marcello Garcia.

Would be interesting to see him have to get into action at one of the jiu jitsu tournaments...
    Shouldn't that be the other way around. Shouldn't the Jiu-Jitsu and Maxed Martial Arts types be protecting a point sparring, breaking, forms, soke circle jerk tounament?

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 12:00pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is ome more guy. Jumps from 2nd dan to 8th dan SOKE. They are every where. I am sick of all these titles. Ahhh, I'll call my self: " Senior Supreme Shihan Hanshi Dai-na Soke Professor"

http://www.chinesegoju.org/ThomasFelder.htm

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 6:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabster the Bad Elf
    I had a garage sale a few months ago that was pretty successful. Rub my balls
    BWA!HA!HA!HA!

So, how can your "masta" make you a "Soke" of the same style?

That is it. We need to get some British titles in this. Think back, ye lads and lasses, to your comic books. Yes . . . for some of you that is not so far back! Remember those adds in the back for "itching powder" and "x-ray specs?" Not to mention "karate?" Well, you often found the offer to become a "Texas Rancher."

For like one dollar you could buy a square inch of land somewhere in Texas. You get a deed and everything. Well, according to an English friend, since "Laird" means basically "landowner" in Scotland, some groups are selling cheep "Lordships."

Buy an inch of land in Scotland--you can be a "lord" of "such-and-such."

So, dear Sempeiman, you can really be:

"Senior Supreme Shihan Hanshi Dai-na Soke Professor Lord Sempeiman of Inverness"

teaching integrity and humility in the martial arts. . . .

--J.D.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12