Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tracy Style Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Halifax/Dartmouth Martial Arts

Greets, this is my first post on Bullshido, and I believed it to be an appropriate topic for such. I live in the HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality) in Nova Scotia (Canada), and have recently discovered there are more than 100 dojos/martial arts "gyms" within the HRM. That's pretty impressive considering there are only about 300,000 in the HRM, on average. At any rate, I've discovered most of them to be pretty decent (for their purpose), and actually quite legit.

There is, however, one dojo to avoid in the HRM should you be so unlucky as to wander upon it. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of it, or the name of the instructor, but I can give you enough clues that you can figure it out if you do happen upon it. The system is Kenpo, the dojo is located in Halifax near Kempt road, and the instructor's first name is Pat. Now, he may be a legitimate martial artist/instructor, but he's definitely not the kind of guy I would ever want to take instructions from. Let me try to give you the short version of the story. . .

New to the martial arts scene, I began to research about three years ago. Now when I research, I -really- research. I look into everything I can possibly find about everything until my brain throbs with information overload, then I take a break and repeat. I eventually decided that Chinese Kenpo was the style for me, and so began to look around the HRM for a Kenpo school. Much to my surprise, I found four. One was the above-mentioned school, and so I became involved in their website and message board (the MB is no longer specific to their school). At any rate, I'm chatting there for a few weeks, and then the instructor of the dojo I was considering going to, started making some pretty outlandish claims about his style. Immediately people from various other styles/schools started flaming him, but always rooting for the underdog as I do, I came to his defence and explained how the feats would be -possible- under the right circumstances.

Well he goes on like this for a few days, making more and more claims, and I don't even necessarily believe anything he's saying at this point, I only keep sticking up for him because SO many people would say entirely pointlessly negative things, and immature and ignorant comments were abundant. Well anyway, he finally pushed it so far, even I had to respectfully disagree with him (and I WAS very respectful). He didn't like it at all. I don't know if he felt betrayed or what the hell his deal was, but he sent me an e-mail longer than this post, telling me in various ways about how I'll never be a real martial artist, he IS a real martial artist, and that I should go down to his dojo so he can teach me a lesson. It was the most absurd thing I've ever read, and I couldn't even believe a grown man was doing it.

Now granted, I don't have any proof, and I don't even have the guy's name or dojo to give to you right now, but at the very least if you're someone who IS considering going to the dojo I've described, PLEASE for your own sake, pay close attention to his manner and demeanor. Keep an eye on him, and DON'T leave your kids alone with him. There's no telling what kind of bullshido he'll pull on your kids when you're not around to monitor.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 1:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is worthless without evidences.

--J.D.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 1:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And your comment was worthless without stating the inobvious. Like I said, do with the information what you will. I'm not asking you to stake your life on it, just to be cautious. I can't provide evidence because the incident happened around a year ago, long before I learned of bullshido. If you're in the area, and you're thinking about the school, all I'm saying is that you should keep an especially skeptic eye out. I'm not saying you should rush off and call the guy a child molester or something.

I thought -productive- comments were required on this board.

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 3:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NexNoxNoctus
    And your comment was worthless without stating the inobvious.
    To one without any understanding of research or the purpose of this board, yes, I am sure it is.

Like I said, do with the information what you will.
    Did.

It is worthless.

As I am sure a responsible review of this board and its threads has demonstrated, there have been those willing to smear dojos they do not like or who are rivals through this board. Your refusal to provided evidence which any reasonable person would have, after even a year--or which you simply could find--would suggest to an unkind man that you merely wish to smear Kenpo schools on Halifax.

If you're in the area, and you're thinking about the school, all I'm saying is that you should keep an especially skeptic eye out.
    Which, of course, anyone can do given you have provided NO information to determine which of the hundred schools is the one to avoid.

I'm not saying you should rush off and call the guy a child molester or something.
    No, that would be too obvious a troll-job on your part, would it not?

No, else your thread would be removed.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 4:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And your comment was worthless without stating the inobvious. Like I said, do with the information what you will. I'm not asking you to stake your life on it, just to be cautious. I can't provide evidence because the incident happened around a year ago, long before I learned of bullshido. If you're in the area, and you're thinking about the school, all I'm saying is that you should keep an especially skeptic eye out. I'm not saying you should rush off and call the guy a child molester or something.

Productive posters name names. You have looked around (at Bullshido) right? Doc X makes a good point. If you get your panties in a bunch over his comment, may I suggest you try MAP out (Martial Arts Planet). Bullshido isn't afraid to name names, along with real evidence of what we accusing someone of committing.

The idea is that if Iím doing a search on the interweb of a school Iím considering as a potential place to train, a search of their name may point me to this very site. I may find out that the place is a complete scam, or I may find info that shows the school is legit. No names help know one, I say this with respect, but your post is worthless without more info.
    -john
    Last edited by johnny3443; 12/23/2006 4:11am at .

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 4:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed.

If you will not heed the kind advice from Your Messiah--the Merciful and Compassionate--then heed that from one with the Avatar of Six Sexy Nubile Busty Lasses.

If you cannot trust Nubile Busty Lasses . . . whom can you trust?

Think of the children. . . .

--J.D.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 4:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I was going to reply with my own rude point-by-point style in a similar manner to Mr. X's, however I thought I'd skip the time wasting and get right to the point.

I looked up the guy's school again. His name is Patrick (goes by "Pat") McLellan, the school is apparently called "Academy of Self Defense", and here is the website:

http://www.tracyskarate.com/Canadastudio/HALIFIX.htm

There is no possible way for me to obtain the "proof" of what he said to me, considering it was e-mailed to me while I was using computer (as opposed to on-line) based e-mail, from an IP I no longer use, on a machine I no longer own, and as I said was OVER A YEAR ago.

Look at it logically, however. If I was just out to smear other schools, there are three other Kenpo schools in the HRM I could be smearing as well. There are around 100 martial arts schools in the HRM. A smear campaign would not only be impractical, it would be a total waste of time. There are just too many schools I would have to fight with.

All I'm trying to get across, is that this guy was an immature jerk for absolutely no good reason, and instead of wasting your time/money on his school to find that out, you can take my advice and watch out for it yourself, if you insist that his school seems like the right place for you.

Go ahead. E-mail him. Talk to him. Build a bit of a rapport, and then disagree with him once. Maybe he won't do the same to you that he did to me, but then again-- maybe he will.

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 5:52am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So let us see if the passage of a little over 24 hours has improved the research skills of Our Plucky Young Newbie:

So, I was going to reply with my own rude point-by-point style in a similar manner to Mr. X's, . . .
    T3h d34dly name change! However, he is smart to cease wasting time, and unless he actually has skill in composition against all evidence to the contrary, he would do well to move on.

however I thought I'd skip the time wasting and get right to the point.
    First time for everything.

I looked up the guy's school again. His name is Patrick (goes by "Pat") McLellan, the school is apparently called "Academy of Self Defense", and here is the website:

http://www.tracyskarate.com/Canadastudio/HALIFIX.htm
    See?

Was that hard?

Now the thread advances from pointless whining to salvagable. As I am sure the responsible Search of threads demonstrated, there are quite a bit of Tracy-Knowledgeable Kenpoistas who may NOW find themselves in a position to comment positively or negatively.

There is no possible way for me to obtain the "proof" of what he said to me, considering it was e-mailed to me while I was using computer (as opposed to on-line) based e-mail, from an IP I no longer use, on a machine I no longer own, and as I said was OVER A YEAR ago.
    All information that would have proven relevant in the first post; however, I will leave it to the Tech-Heads on whether or not such information may be recovered, for, as discussed later, there is other super secret information that may be added. All it needs is a little coaxing from a Helpful Formite--or a nemesis .

Then goes on trying to explain why his post was not worthless and not a smear job. This has been dispos'd of previously

The feeble attempts of one Village Retard ar589--whatever--to smear the "Dog Brothers" suffice as reason to demand evidence and backing for claims. I would recommend reviewing his threads, but I would not wish this upon the most reprehensible of posters--even Country Western Fans. However, if my advice goes unheeded, one should have bleach handy.

All I'm trying to get across, is that this guy was an immature jerk for absolutely no good reason, and instead of wasting your time/money on his school to find that out, you can take my advice and watch out for it yourself, if you insist that his school seems like the right place for you
    Why would anyone feel the school "seems like the right place?" That is more than the question rhetorical. What about the school would attract students?

Go ahead. E-mail him. Talk to him. Build a bit of a rapport, and then disagree with him once. Maybe he won't do the same to you that he did to me, but then again-- maybe he will.
    On the contrary, in the first post we find:

At any rate, I'm chatting there for a few weeks, and then the instructor of the dojo I was considering going to, started making some pretty outlandish claims about his style. Immediately people from various other styles/schools started flaming him, but always rooting for the underdog as I do, I came to his defence and explained how the feats would be -possible- under the right circumstances.

Well he goes on like this for a few days, making more and more claims, and I don't even necessarily believe anything he's saying at this point, I only keep sticking up for him because SO many people would say entirely pointlessly negative things, and immature and ignorant comments were abundant.
    these threads may remain and will prove most supportive to the thesis if but a linkypoo be provided.

This is a call to greatness! [Cue Fanfare--Ed.] Few are called! Still fewer answer! Most end up outside gnashing their teeth and . . . and . . . stuff! As was of demonstration: "Google" "Fang Shen Do."

Do not worry . . . I will wait.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Fine, allow me--noblesse oblige 'n all:

similarly "Google" "Coda Scott" and "True Power Martial Arts."

For as this thread grows with more and more posters celebrating the magnificence that is . . . ME! . . . one will find that when prospective students "Google" the teacher and his school they just might find this very thread at the top.

And people will grin.

And children will laugh.

And a squirrel will meep.

--J.D.
    Last edited by Doctor X; 12/24/2006 5:54am at .

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 12:19pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    So let us see if the passage of a little over 24 hours has improved the research skills of Our Plucky Young Newbie:

T3h d34dly name change! However, he is smart to cease wasting time, and unless he actually has skill in composition against all evidence to the contrary, he would do well to move on.

First time for everything.

See?

Was that hard?

Now the thread advances from pointless whining to salvagable. As I am sure the responsible Search of threads demonstrated, there are quite a bit of Tracy-Knowledgeable Kenpoistas who may NOW find themselves in a position to comment positively or negatively.

All information that would have proven relevant in the first post; however, I will leave it to the Tech-Heads on whether or not such information may be recovered, for, as discussed later, there is other super secret information that may be added. All it needs is a little coaxing from a Helpful Formite--or a nemesis .

Then goes on trying to explain why his post was not worthless and not a smear job. This has been dispos'd of previously

The feeble attempts of one Village Retard ar589--whatever--to smear the "Dog Brothers" suffice as reason to demand evidence and backing for claims. I would recommend reviewing his threads, but I would not wish this upon the most reprehensible of posters--even Country Western Fans. However, if my advice goes unheeded, one should have bleach handy.

Why would anyone feel the school "seems like the right place?" That is more than the question rhetorical. What about the school would attract students?

On the contrary, in the first post we find:

these threads may remain and will prove most supportive to the thesis if but a linkypoo be provided.

This is a call to greatness! [Cue Fanfare--Ed.] Few are called! Still fewer answer! Most end up outside gnashing their teeth and . . . and . . . stuff! As was of demonstration: "Google" "Fang Shen Do."

Do not worry . . . I will wait.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Fine, allow me--noblesse oblige 'n all:

similarly "Google" "Coda Scott" and "True Power Martial Arts."

For as this thread grows with more and more posters celebrating the magnificence that is . . . ME! . . . one will find that when prospective students "Google" the teacher and his school they just might find this very thread at the top.

And people will grin.

And children will laugh.

And a squirrel will meep.

--J.D.

A magnificent example of "Punditism"; That's why you don't pull on Superman's cape and you don't :wtfgif9frwith Doc X.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    12/24/2006 2:37pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and Nex,

Do us all a favour and send the guy an email telling him that you are slagging him on Bullshido so that he can come here and defend himself.

Both sides of the story are always worth having. And are often entertaining.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast