Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 11:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Aztecs, may the ground be easy for them, were especially good in fighting against metal-armored invaders, just ask Mr. Google about them and that goddamn **** Cortez...
    I would +rep you for that one, but I can't do it on this thread. You have my admiration, sir, for that post.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 3:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was in fact a distinctive approach to Aztec warfare that marked it out as different. Since the Aztecs were more interested in capturing prisoners - indeed, that's how you would win glory as a warrior - they were trained to knockout or stun an opponent rather than kill them. True, you didn't get much chance to choose between 'stun' and 'kill' in a full scale battle, but it was practiced and trained for nonetheless. And naturally, the captives would then be sacrificed in outrageously gory manner after the battle.

Still, that knowledge died out with the Aztec Empire, care of the Conquistadors who preferred to kill you there and then and be done with it. Efficiency ftw.

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 3:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like the 'counting coo' of Indian fame?
    Yeah, it's tough to take a prisoner from musket range.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 3:19pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculent Sheep
    And naturally, the captives would then be sacrificed in outrageously gory manner after the battle.
    Didnt this have something to do with keeping the sun moving?

Should we be more concerned about this guy resurecting Aztec traditions then we already are?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 4:17pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by total noob
    Though this guy does sound real hoakey if he is trying to claim his style as a resurection of an old Aztec martial art, if his BBs are real and his school produces students who can actually fight, is it bad that he is trying to make a new style?

I am curious to the views of this board on someone creating a new "style". There can obviously be alot to talk about when it comes to historical lineage of the different "traditional" styles and how they've evolved from one known style into another, but past history isn't what my question is about.

Let's say a person has a couple legitimate BBs in different arts and maybe even a few lower ranks in other styles and teaches a mix of those supposed arts in his school AND let's suppose that their school has "aliveness" and trains techniques that work etc, etc, etc. Is there any point in time that person should/could be able to call this mix a new style? Their own style and give themself whatever title they want and call the techniques any name they want?
    Yes, if they are claiming they are teaching an art with historical background. Hell, I had ancestors at Jamestown, why shouldn't I call my wing chun "John Smith Combatives" answer, its deceptive.

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 5:47pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's an old joke, but I'd like to pay homage to my historical background by teaching...Jew-jitsu. That's right, I'm smaller than you are, but I have big friends and we can both kick your ass! And I'm not prepared to confirm or deny if I have the ultimate technique; should any student make any reference to us having the ultimate technique (which we do not confirm or deny), they'll be taken care of. Any questions?

Hey, that actually sounds a little bit menacing, right?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 6:51pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a Jew in Korea?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 5:07am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    It's an old joke, but I'd like to pay homage to my historical background by teaching...Jew-jitsu. That's right, I'm smaller than you are, but I have big friends and we can both kick your ass! And I'm not prepared to confirm or deny if I have the ultimate technique; should any student make any reference to us having the ultimate technique (which we do not confirm or deny), they'll be taken care of. Any questions?
    Hey, that actually sounds a little bit menacing, right?
    Finally putting jew-jitsu in it's rightful place - on the Olymp of martial arts, my friend, means so much more to me than receiving +rep, so we're even now.
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 9:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a Jew in Korea?
    Korea is not just a place, it's a state of mind. There's an ancient Latin saying that, roughly translated, means, "In all things, Korea." If you translate it directly, it reads, "Hairy spider guano."

It's an old joke (at least from last week), I just haven't changed my location yet.

Posted On:
    7/26/2010 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Joseph Cantu

He is still teaching his own thing at Cantu Martial Arts on Beamer Rd in Houston. No one but kids fall this "Aztec" style karate. I attended his bjj class and it was well under par from others I have experienced.

Here is his new site http://www.cantubjj.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123