Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 3:52pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boot Camp Style Workouts

I have recently started on a new style of workout called "Boot Camp". Boot Camp is competitive, but can be done by oneself. It is awesome for conditioning. Right now me and my buddy Joe do it competitively, and sometimes my girlfriend and my aunt come with us and we do teams. The basis is this: You get 10 minutes to warm up, then you get 30 minutes to rack up as many points as possible, then you get 10 minutes to stretch down, then do whatever after that. Me and Joe came up with it after seeing something much similar on http://www.fitforcecamp.com/blosxom.cgi. The way we rack up points: Pushups 20 reps=1 point Goblet Squats w/30 lb. kettlebell 12 reps or 30 Freeweight Squats or 20 Split Jumps/Jump Squats=1 point Slam Ball w/10 lb. Medicine ball 20 reps=1 point 10 Burpees any style=1 point One arm Kettlebell Snatches w/30 lb. kettlebell 5 reps=1 point 2 Suicides(there and back again=1 rep) any style=1 point One Arm KettleBell Swings w/30 lb. kettlebell 8 reps=1 point Unanchored Situps w/out feet coming off the floor 10 reps=1 point Herculean Hold w/190 lbs. each hand cable station 15 secs=1 point Farmer's Walk w/75 lb. dumbells suicide distance=1 point 3 good Pull/Chinups=1 point 5 reps max range of motion Ab Wheel=1 point Push Presses w/135 lbs. 6 reps=1 point These are great for any sport. Like it is said, it is not the athlete that performs well fresh that counts. It is those who perform well fatigued. Sneak some technique work in there. Have a rope climb. 10 fit ins for a throw, whatever. Be creative, and help me out if you see anything missing too.

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 3:55pm

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Jackson
    I have recently started on a new style of workout called "Boot Camp". Boot Camp is competitive, but can be done by oneself. It is awesome for conditioning. Right now me and my buddy Joe do it competitively, and sometimes my girlfriend and my aunt come with us and we do teams. The basis is this: You get 10 minutes to warm up, then you get 30 minutes to rack up as many points as possible, then you get 10 minutes to stretch down, then do whatever after that. Me and Joe came up with it after seeing something much similar on http://www.fitforcecamp.com/blosxom.cgi. The way we rack up points: Pushups 20 reps=1 point Goblet Squats w/30 lb. kettlebell 12 reps or 30 Freeweight Squats or 20 Split Jumps/Jump Squats=1 point Slam Ball w/10 lb. Medicine ball 20 reps=1 point 10 Burpees any style=1 point One arm Kettlebell Snatches w/30 lb. kettlebell 5 reps=1 point 2 Suicides(there and back again=1 rep) any style=1 point One Arm KettleBell Swings w/30 lb. kettlebell 8 reps=1 point Twisting Unanchored Situps w/out feet coming off the floor 10 reps=1 point Herculean Hold w/190 lbs. each hand cable station 15 secs=1 point Farmer's Walk w/75 lb. dumbells suicide distance=1 point 3 good Pull/Chinups=1 point 5 reps max range of motion Ab Wheel=1 point Push Presses w/135 lbs. 6 reps=1 point These are great for any sport. Like it is said, it is not the athlete that performs well fresh that counts. It is those who perform well fatigued. Sneak some technique work in there. Have a rope climb. 10 fit ins for a throw, whatever. Be creative, and help me out if you see anything missing too.
    Fixed(hopefully)