Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 9:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A bit of old footage of me sparring (boxing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvxk4wNbpiM
    That's my first time sparring with this guy. He's a pro and he's teaching me. As you can tell we both like to wait but I lose patience and come forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95rGtry7yU

Second time with the same guy two days later. I think I improved from the first time byt the fact that he unloads on me, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBMU_ljBYE4

Here is some bag work from October of '05 4 months of boxing experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0iErwBab4

Some bag work from July showing how I've begun to get my own style and more power shots. I still rely heavily on the Winky style jab in the ring though.

Just want to see what you all think. I came over from Something Awful at Phrost's suggestion. In those links I'm at 200 pounds right now I'm at 175 trying to get down to 162 maybe. I've had one amateur fight which I won on a 2nd round tko it was at 200+ though so I have no idea how i'll do at 175 or 162 if I manage to get there. Hopefully I'll have one more fight in January before the Golden Gloves. Any tips comments criticisms will be appreciated. I'll try to get the guy that filmed to come down again (he quit boxing the puss) and get some up to date footage. I still box like **** against this guy though.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 9:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You had some pretty nice looking combos, but you let your jab fly a little wide. Try to straighten it up a little more shooting it out directly from your shoulder and keeping your elbow pointed down. You also seem to stand on your heels a lot, wich kinda hampers your mobility and makes it harder to turn on your punches. Watch your sparring partner's footwork, he's very light on his feet and very mobile. You also seem to put a lot of weight on the front leg, which also contributes to less mobility and makes you just a bit off balance. Try to sit back on your rear leg a bit more. All in all some pretty nice sparring.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 9:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man the guy working the speedbag in the background in the first video had a really soothing beat going
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

software engineer

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the comment posters were total douches. I hate the internet when it comes to that.
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 10:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the comments Kidspatula. I've fixed my footwork problems to the point where my coach doesn't yell at me to often for it as you can hear he's a very vocal man so he won't let it slip. One thing I must say is I hate amateur boxing. I feel like an idiot out there throwing way over double what I would if it were a pro fight. But if not I would lose. That's one thing I don't like and hopefully I can go pro in a year or so.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 10:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I definitely like the pacing and technique of pro fighting, as apposed to the "score as many points as you possibly can before the end of the bell" thing that amateur boxing has going for it. Same thing with amateur thai boxing really... though I finally get to fight a 4 rounder in April! Woo!
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 12:57am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched some your bag work and it looked good. I do agree with one of the youtube warriors though that you could use more leg work (stepping power). When I was boxing I was taught to step with each punch. Even when throwing some just to feel out the guy because then you would use your body instead of just the arm.

Actualy, watching your sparring you did move alot. Maybe just didnt on th bag so much because the bag doesnt move that much either.

Do you have a vid of your am match?
    Last edited by GIJoe6186; 12/20/2006 12:59am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 2:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186

Do you have a vid of your am match?
    Sadly no match was on a wednesday and short notice. No one could make it out but my coach and one gym mate. First round I lost because my punch volume was low. I won on a hard left straight that wobbled the guy the ref went to give him a standing count but he fell, tko. It wasn't all that memorable at least I don't think. I've had better sparring matches in my opinion.