Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:11pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always beleived in hitting first. If you know your going to fight then why wait? Strike then talk about it later. Remember the noisy thunder does nothing, the silent lightening strikes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 8:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hit first.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
    In short: to flame.
  3. DRD

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your instinct, gut feeling, red flag, danger alarm, awareness training say to engage, do it. Fight anything else you have to as it comes up, the law, charges, court, lawsuit, or anything else.

At least you will be here to do so. Trust yourself at all times. In my teaching and research, rape victimes many times tell the same basic story. I knew something was wrong, but I denied my inner voice "Instincts" and did not want to embarass the man or myself by over reacting, and here I am now, raped.

That is why I teach and train hard at wiring into the brain, defense reactions that are automatic as possible through repetition of defense at speed on a non compliant opponant.

We are not compliant, complacent or cooperative.

You may never be attacked in your lifetime, or maybe only one time. You must survive that one time, so train as if that time is today, everyday.

Never trust the other person because of appearance, speech, demeanor, dress, actions or movements because they are depending on you doing just that.

You cannot be hurt by a hit if you cannot be hit. Hit first or don't be there when the hit comes. Move, spin, run, use obstacles, etc.

Because of the medical fact of the adrenaline dump that you will experience when the fear hits, you must train to react through and in control of the fear, and the only way to do so is through constant training in a fear enducing situation and learning to react through it.

Few technique's will be able to be recalled so they must be simple yet effective, sharp, simple, and devastating.

Observe the rules of survival; There are no rules.

Once escape is no longer an option, and you have decided to engage the attacker, you simply must become the predator. Attack with extreme aggression until safe.

When fighting for your life, will is as important as skill. Never, ever give up!!

If you feel like you are being watched, you are. You may be being sized up for an attack. How you carry yourself may well determine if you are the one chosen.

Never believe the "if you do what I say, you will not be hurt" He just told you what is really in his mind, and he is only seeking quiet compliance.

If you sense danger, or that something is out of place, it is, and how fast you react without thinking how silly you may appear, may well determine if you are still there when it goes down.

Survival sometimes will mean doing the unthinkable to you or I. You must take any opportunity to attack the attacker be it male or female. If they change position, take off clothes, grabs you to move you, sets a weapon down, attack whatever they stick out, with the intent to maim.

Bite, poke, gouge, grab and squeeze, rip, pull twist, tear, throw up, pee, any gross thing you can think of to do.

We all must decide that we have worth and that we are worth protecting, just as a child or spouse would be.

DRD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well said.

---------
    I have discovered the true essence of Bullshido: To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.
    In short: to flame.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. DRD! Well said.

I've always said that striking first is something that everyone should consider under the right circumstances. If someone just jumps you then the odds of you having a CHANCE to strike first are very slim.

But if the person is approaching you, escalating the tone of his voice and threatening you then, as an adult, you should be able to tell if he means you harm or not. If he does than you should stop him as early as possible before he hurts you.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 9:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I whole-heartedly agree. This philosophy has already saved my ass on one occassion.

I was at Wal-Mart one day when this guy approached me from out of nowhere and asked me what time it was. I responded, "Time for you to buy a fucking watch." He called me a jerk and I could tell he was pissed. I kicked him in the face before he could take any further agressive action toward me.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Edited by - WTDude on August 02 2003 21:54:16

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 11:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 11:59pm

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    damn straight, DRD.

the best defense is a good offense.

if it is time to fight, then fight.

letting someone build up steam is not a good idea. if he moves an inch, BLAST him.

wade in with a relentless assault, driving him back, breaking his spirit, and as many bones as possible before finally crushing him, a broken heap, into the ground. monkey stomp his brains into paste.

but only as a last resort, of course.

peace.

<marquee>REDANTKUNTAO</marquee>
    <marquee> INDONESIAN GUNG FU</marquee>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're in a situation where you know that no matter what you say or do, it will end up in violence, hit first, no question.

How can that be up to discussion?

I guess you could take a legal argument about who is at fault if you strike first, but I'd worry about legal rectitude AFTER I worried about physical well-being. I'm not gonna get my ass kicked just so I can sue some guy because he swung first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 9:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can land a more telling strike on someone after you have broken their body structure. Someone who is standing yelling at you can probably take quite a good shot, but if you wait until they try to attack you can use that opening to land a more telling shot, particularly if you manipulate their attacking limb to destroy their body structure first.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast