Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 10:40am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My ShootBox fight on the 16th of Dec [VID]

Hi guys. While it was amateur mma with Boxing gloves and shinguards (shootbox), we didnt go to the ground, so it seems appropriate to post the video here.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...03997&hl=en-CA

I am the one who starts in the corner nearest to the camera... camo shorts, light hair.

The fight was at 170lbs, i have 1.5 years exp and my opponent, he told me before the fight that he had 4 years exp, yet only one other competition fight. This was my first fight involving striking, i have done quite a few grappling comps.

I would like you to criticize my game. Notice that i adopt a very wide stance, which i think, based on reviewing the video, hampers my mobility but gives me powerful punches.

Please give me constructive criticism.

Alex
    Last edited by Tofu; 12/19/2006 11:19am at .

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video Help

We're sorry, but this video may not be available.

Try refreshing the page to see this video.

To see more videos visit our home page
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm thanks, i'll try to fix things. Edit: Should be working now.
    Last edited by Tofu; 12/19/2006 11:22am at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice fight, you kicked some ass. If the guy had better leg kicks I think you would regret having such a wide stance, but it seemed to work decently for keeping your stability (though I think it would have made it much easier for him to sweep that front leg). You did a good job keeping him on his heels though so he couldn't make any effective attacks.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job. I agree with what you said on your wide stance. You cant move as fast but have more powerful punches plus, if either of you wanted to take it to the ground, the lower stance would be better. If he shot in on you or tried to throw from the clinch it would have been good to keep that low stance.

Nice hands, you threw alot of bombs especially at the end. The ones at the end I could see soming from a mile away but I dont think that mattered here. Meh thats it.

You guys seemed happy keeping it mostly a boxing match and you outclassed his striking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the feedback guys. He did try to shoot when i hit him hard the first time... about midway through... and being deeper and wider in my stance seemed to help me sprawl.
    Yeah, upon reflection leg kicks would have given me oroblems but i was also not worried about them because of the shin pads.

Its interesting that you saw me as being really aggressive. I didnt feel that aggressive but i suppose thats because i was in the moment, just reacting... and when i saw that i hurt him, i wanted to hurt him more :)

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a good example of what I mean about natural ability vs. training...
    It looked to me when it started that your opponent had more training (technique)...if all things were equal...that would have been the deciding factor but you definitely had him in other catagories (speed?, aggressiveness?, killer instinct?) Obviously, tough training is key but there are so many other factors that that weigh heavily on the outcome of these fights.

I think that Right Cross at 1:11 was the beginning of the end...BAM!

Good Show!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    This is a good example of what I mean about natural ability vs. training...
    It looked to me when it started that your opponent had more training (technique)...if all things were equal...that would have been the deciding factor but you definitely had him in other catagories (speed?, aggressiveness?, killer instinct?) Obviously, tough training is key but there are so many other factors that that weigh heavily on the outcome of these fights.

I think that Right Cross at 1:11 was the beginning of the end...BAM!

Good Show!
    I think he is more technically proficient than i am, largely because he has been training longer than i have. While i havent been training a long time i feel that i have a very supportive and good environement to train in. My teacher is a professional fighter and his students train and spar hard with him and together. I think that might have given me an advantage... anything he could have done to me has been done to me quite a few times already by both technically proficient and physcially strong guys at my gym. www.h2oma.com

Then again he comes from Tri-star which is a very well respected gym in Montreal, where both David Louiseau and GSP train striking... i can be sure that the students there spar hard as well.

So maybe, after all it was my aggresivity and i feel like i have a knack for striking, making good decisions nad using the tools that i do have.

Thanks for the input.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, the shin pads will definitely lighten the blow, especially with the big thick ones that guy was wearing. Though even through shin pads, a deep leg kick buried into the thigh can take you off your feet, especially with such a wide stance (my old instructor was excellent at the heavy leg kicks that will spin you around), but the guy you were fighting didn't seem to be willing enough to commit to any of his kicks and mostly was just tagging you. Like someone else mentioned, technical, but he obviously didn't have the ring time or natural aggression required to really do what was needed. With the way you fight now, you should do pretty well in your first bunch of fights as most guys aren't used to dealing with the way you fight and will find themselves on their heels most of the time unable to adequitely defend themselves.

Again, good show, look forward to seeing more fights.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:15pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the whole key to your victory is that you weren't afraid to commit. Your opponent looks very tentative, and isn't willing to throw his weight into his strikes, whereas you definitely put some body behind your shots. This is a key factor, and the other technical subtleties will come with time.

Very nice work.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast