Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:15pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you ever tried fighting in a lighter wieght class, becuase for your hieght it would probably be a good thing, ecspeacially for MT matches. I don't know just a thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:55pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pauli...

Unfortunately, there was no previous thread about this. I did not 'advertise' this event as I was honestly only expecting coaches, corners, and fighters to show up, and maybe an odd handful of people. Instead, each gym brought along their own entourage! It was unexpected, but in a good way!

This was my very first time attempting this, and I did not want to invite the public to come watch us "figure out" what the heck we were doing. It could have turned into a total cluster-****, so I didn't want to have the general public there to watch us crash & burn. LOL. I had only extended invitations to specific local gyms and their fighters.

I've tentatively planned the next one for St. Patrick's Day (Saturday, March 17th). At this time, we intend for this one to be a "free" show as well, but it will again be an "invitation only" event. We're going to work out some more of our "procedures" on running the whole affair before we start opening it to the general public. But email me at the address I posted, and I will add you to the mailing list.

Kid & Anna...

Got your email, but haven't been able to open it. (my email is acting flakey right now). I will definately be sure to keep you two up-to-date on what we're doing up here. We have a few local female competitors, and I'm definately going to try to get them on my fight cards.

Caitlyn came into this event with 2 amateur matches (don't know her exact record though). To my knowledge, she typically fights SanShou/SanDa, though. She's quite some time away from getting to your level. But then again, thats the whole purpose to holding these events! These fighters need the venue to "get their feet wet"!

The only problem I readily foresee is the maximum occupancy rating of the gym. I don't know what it is, but suspect that the number is low due to their only being one bathroom. I know there are plans to build another, but I don't know how far down the road that is.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whupyass....

Who are you? Don't recognize your screen name....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai/no-gi n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am the light skinned black guy at that started in Sept...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, dude! Matt & I were talking about getting you on one of these! Make sure to keep dialogue going with Matt about it so you can meet the training goals he expects from you.... You got a chance to see it up close and personal, so you have a good idea of what to expect when you get in there. Especially remember that last fight of the two Marines from the same gym.... Food for thought!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 2:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai/no-gi n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt thought it would be better if I wait a little longer so that I can get some more sparring under my belt and drop some more weight... If there was some one in my weight class that had about the same amount of experience I would've been game...The fight with the Marines were pretty good but I thought they would've gave the fight to the other guy... I dunno much about scoring the fight but it looked as though the guy in the white trunks won it to me... but what do I know!
    Last edited by whupyass; 12/19/2006 2:20pm at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 2:09pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Have you ever tried fighting in a lighter wieght class, becuase for your hieght it would probably be a good thing, ecspeacially for MT matches. I don't know just a thought.
    Up until recently when i started my new diet of pizza and swiss rolls I was walking around at 165 so getting down to 155 required cutting 10 pounds. Fighting in a lighter weightclass wasnt really an option because 155 WAS my lighter weightclass.

Now that I am on the junk food diet I've lost about 7 pounds (walking at 158~) so I'm going to experiment and see how low I can go.

I'm 5'10" and pretty solid so there's not really a lot of weight for me to lose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anna & I are on the same diet, with opposite results....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 4:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whupyass
    The fight with the Marines were pretty good but I thought they would've gave the fight to the other guy... I dunno much about scoring the fight but it looked as though the guy in the white trunks won it to me... but what do I know!
    Yeah, I was a little surprised at the score, too. It's a good thing these fights don't count!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amateur fights don't really count much either if you ask me :P
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12