Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kinda like sex befor a fight............

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW I though the whole ice bath was to inhibit swelling not to aid in recovery.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I only had 30 minutes to exercise, I would do my warmups and stretching in the steam room (unless someone came in) to help limber up more quickly.

I don't think there's any health benefit to a hot tub that you couldn't get from a steam room. Sauna's different with dry heat. If I have access, I will go into the sauna for 5 mins after working out to help sweat out the rest of the crap in my skin, 5 mins in steam room because it feels good and helps me breathe, then a quick shower.

Regarding training and recovery, I think what you eat, how well you warm-up/cool-dow, and how well you sleep is going to have a much bigger effect on that than the above-mentioned. Regarding icing, this guy who coaches Olympians and Ironman athletes has the following to say:

Icing is also an effective way to encourage recovery and healing after intense efforts. After a hard workout icing the heavily loaded areas of the body will minimize swelling therefore allowing the muscles to continue to have good blood flow. Standing in a cold lake or ocean, sitting for 5-7 minutes in a cold bath, or even better, performing hot/cold bath therapy are other ways to increase blood flow and recovery.
    http://www.runnersweb.com/running/ne..._Recovery.html

Page 2 of 2 First 12