Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 5:09pm

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is worrysome. These people are literally 15 minutes away from me.. and I never knew it.

I hate the martial arts of this area. First my old TKD dojo has gone way of the 'TKD birthday party' and now this crap. We even have some super asian kung fu ninja place nearby too.

This is enough to make me want to commit suicide through guilt by proxy. Just being near them is enough to make me a very sad person.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 1:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnjunkie
    This is worrysome. These people are literally 15 minutes away from me.. and I never knew it.

I hate the martial arts of this area. First my old TKD dojo has gone way of the 'TKD birthday party' and now this crap. We even have some super asian kung fu ninja place nearby too.

This is enough to make me want to commit suicide through guilt by proxy. Just being near them is enough to make me a very sad person.
    video plz.... for xmas? video video video!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 5:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu/thai kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    For ****'s sake. They're a performance demo group, it's like a cheerleading team with MA LARPing. There's very little mention of 'self-defence' on their site, hopefully they know that's not what they're learning (hopefully). Leave them be. Some of them might get jobs as stuntmen or something.

Respectfully, no. I cannot leave it alone. If you want to be a "performance demo group," there are shelves and shelves of ribbons on a stick, hula hoops, and beach balls and batons available at the Danskin Outlet. Your argument is the kind of thinking that justifies people paying for plastic surgery or botox from untrained dentists and opthamologists and getting scarred for life. Look at these kids' eyes--they obviously think they're badass. Kids have this unfortunate thing called honesty--they aren't all jaded and cynical (like myself, and most of the wonderful clowns who post on this site). You and the rest of us can tell just by looking at them that they believe in this crap, and worse so, THEIR PARENTS. It is not like these kids are old enough to get themselves to these classes--it's their folks who are allowing it, paying for it, facilitating it, and, unfortunately, most certainly proud of it. Just because a parent's intentions are good doesn't justify a bad decision. These kids are innocent, but it doesn't change the fact that what they are doing is the epitome of all that is wrong with the Martial Arts in American culture. It is the parents who should be punished.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    "ITS D & DEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"FIGHTING WITH THE LEGENDS OF YORE"

"ITS D & DEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"NEVER KISSED A LADY BEFORE"

"NO"

"BING"

"WOOOOOO"

DDUMMM CHIIKKAA DAAAA DAAA DAAA DUMMM CHIIIKA :ninjadanc
    yeah, but I bet they will be a lot safer witrh cardboard sword and nobody in that group listen to led zeppelin

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 5:28pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Warrior
    Respectfully, no. I cannot leave it alone. If you want to be a "performance demo group," there are shelves and shelves of ribbons on a stick, hula hoops, and beach balls and batons available at the Danskin Outlet. Your argument is the kind of thinking that justifies people paying for plastic surgery or botox from untrained dentists and opthamologists and getting scarred for life. Look at these kids' eyes--they obviously think they're badass. Kids have this unfortunate thing called honesty--they aren't all jaded and cynical (like myself, and most of the wonderful clowns who post on this site). You and the rest of us can tell just by looking at them that they believe in this crap, and worse so, THEIR PARENTS. It is not like these kids are old enough to get themselves to these classes--it's their folks who are allowing it, paying for it, facilitating it, and, unfortunately, most certainly proud of it. Just because a parent's intentions are good doesn't justify a bad decision. These kids are innocent, but it doesn't change the fact that what they are doing is the epitome of all that is wrong with the Martial Arts in American culture. It is the parents who should be punished.

Also, XMA fucking sucks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 10:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu/thai kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, there's that, too...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345