Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 4:02am

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a retarded style and a retarded teacher. Religion is such a shitty hobby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2008 5:25am

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jumpkicks for Jesus. That is all.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie JJ,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes...I see it. They will grow so huge that One day ALL Christian fanatic Kiyojute Ryu Kempo martial artists will come together and despite their awful style will overwhelm all others with sheer numbers! The future looks bleak...

One Hundred nations of the BS martial arts empire descend upon you!

Jesus will block out the sun!

Then we will spar in the shade. Oh...I forgot no sparring.

Posted On:
    12/26/2008 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kiyojute Ryu Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leere_form
    since this was ages ago, i don't even remember the guy's name. apologies, really, 'cause if you had asked sooner to when i posted i may've had more info.

anyway this was in lexington, kentucky, so that might narrow your search down to some degree.

but having watched the kiyojute ryu guys train before my own classes, i can personally attest to their techniques being dead and unrealistic.

tiger-claw "scratching" techniques vs. lunge punches = do not want.

anyway, this is all based on my personal experience, and i don't have videos or good sources to mount a more respectable criticism so i'll save myself a lot of work and not even try.
    are you speaking of william durbin?
    i train under him in Kiyojute Ryu. For the record, we dont make sounds when we tiger claw. or any other move XD

as for the religious side of his training, being a Christian i like it. If youre not a christian then dont train under him. duhhh.
    but overall i really like his teachings...
    all about fluidity, all about setting up for something else. lots of strikes from unexpected angles. its proven quite effective for me so far... :thumbsup:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2008 4:15pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by highmountain
    i train under him in Kiyojute Ryu. For the record, we dont make sounds when we tiger claw. or any other move XD

as for the religious side of his training, being a Christian i like it. If youre not a christian then dont train under him. duhhh.
    all about fluidity, all about setting up for something else. lots of strikes from unexpected angles. its proven quite effective for me so far... :thumbsup:

Posted On:
    12/26/2008 8:13pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Effective? You wouldnt' know what effective is if it suckerpunched you.

Also

Posted On:
    12/26/2008 9:05pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're all horrible. This guy is for real! I mean he talked to JESUS! Face to face! What more do you want?!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/26/2008 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You trained under Durbin! I'm sorry you wasted your time.

As a Christian, God commands that you do not bear false witness. How does that fit when Durbin has been so full of BS?

You have my deepest sympathy.

Would you put money and/or your life on that? I don't think you would.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 10:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leere_form
    fighting is also playing a game, looked at in the abstract.

the rules are simply enforced by nature rather than a referee.

the goal of the game is still to knock out or otherwise disable your opponent before he does the same to you, which is a skill you can develop safely and reliably through sparring.

by the way, i trained aikido seriously for two years and could not defend myself.

i trained judo seriously for two months and could defend myself. sparring makes a difference.
    I have trained in aikido for nearly 30 years and am a retired police officer (12 years) and aikido gave me the tools to enable me to survive on the streets when the rule is that the perpetrator will do anything, and I mean anything, to beat you to a pulp to just get away from being arrested.

There can be no better pressure testing, as you call it, than being in a real time, adrenaline pumping situation where niceties are dispensed with. While I agree that aikido "techniques" as they are practised in the dojo, would not necessarily work on the street, they are mearely stepping stones to teaching you to become comfortable with your body, posture, timing, fluidity and senses. All these tools, in the right hands, may enable you to defend yourself on the street or at least help to avoid confrontation.

Using a metaphor, a loaded gun is not a dangerous object, it is inanimate. It is the person who fires it that makes it dangerous. I have seen some very good grapplers and MMA people in real-life situations, actually lose their bottle in front of me. If you can link the skills with the ability to control your adrenaline in a real situation then you start to think more clearly and maybe, maybe, will come out of a nasty situation in one piece.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/27/2008 12:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicojersey
    I have trained in aikido for nearly 30 years and am a retired police officer (12 years) and aikido gave me the tools to enable me to survive on the streets when the rule is that the perpetrator will do anything, and I mean anything, to beat you to a pulp to just get away from being arrested.

There can be no better pressure testing, as you call it, than being in a real time, adrenaline pumping situation where niceties are dispensed with. While I agree that aikido "techniques" as they are practised in the dojo, would not necessarily work on the street, they are mearely stepping stones to teaching you to become comfortable with your body, posture, timing, fluidity and senses. All these tools, in the right hands, may enable you to defend yourself on the street or at least help to avoid confrontation.

Using a metaphor, a loaded gun is not a dangerous object, it is inanimate. It is the person who fires it that makes it dangerous. I have seen some very good grapplers and MMA people in real-life situations, actually lose their bottle in front of me. If you can link the skills with the ability to control your adrenaline in a real situation then you start to think more clearly and maybe, maybe, will come out of a nasty situation in one piece.
    Excuse me....? Sir Sir Sir...?
    Since when was this thread about Aikido. We were talking about Religous Kempo Ninjers, weren't we??

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627