Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 2:55am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kiyojute Ryu Kempo: no sparring, no atheist dan allowed, and inspired by J.C. himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiyojute_Ryu_Kempo

this stuff is unbelievably bad.

i used to watch these guys practice, since we used the same mat as them.

it was a lot of standing wristlocks, sloppy judo throws, terrible deadly-point strikes..

i saw them playing with bokken and nunchaku.

and: i saw one of their students, during their no-touch, one-step "sparring," using her hands like tiger claws to "scratch," while making tiger noises.

i can not make this **** up.

on top of being a shitty martial art, the founder apparently believes jesus "spoke to him face-to-face and instructed him to create kiyojute ryu."
    and you're not allowed to get your black belt if you're an atheist. :suicide:

i'm mostly bringing this up because the other day, one of these kiyojute black belts came into judo looking to learn stuff "for self-defense."

now, being a run of the mill university judo club, we train for sport primarily.

but we are also not retarded. however, this guy apparently thought otherwise, because he was pointing out all the various points at which he could eye gouge or groin shot someone on the ground.

so i made it a point to roll with him, took mount, demonstrated that attempted eye gouge = failure to eye gouge and inevitable armbar, etc. at one point i had him in my guard, also, with one hook in and one foot on his knee. he claimed he would just knee me in the groin from there, and i was actually pleasantly surprised that he could not---since my foot was on his knee. voila.

anyway, i sympathize with the guy, wanting to learn self-defense is good, whatever. so i told him to stick around, that he would learn basic groundwork and positioning from judo. but since i was being nice, he started asking me about the judo solution to all kinds of "self-defense" scenarios---primarily just against a boxer or something.

i'm not a fighter, i don't know anything about it. so i told him what i had seen: that a lot of grapplers in pride/ufc deal with strikers by either shooting for their legs, or striking their way into a clinch and throwing from there. then they do groundwork etc.

he retorted with the infamous "knee to face" shoot defense, and also talked about "basing out" into a stance to stop a takedown. i told him, based on my judo experiences, that merely "taking a stance" would not stop a dynamic takedown, since a good grappler will adapt to how you move and take you down anyway (= good grappler, huhuh). as for kneeing to the face, i told him i'd rather practice the sprawl, which i know will work against resistance, than the knee, which might work against resistance, blah blah blah aliveness blah blah. i talked about levels of realism, with MMA being the most permissive and realistic competitive ruleset and all that.

to which he replied that kiyojute ryu kempo was more realistic than MMA because he was allowed to do anything he wanted (i.e. eye gouge and groin shots). it never occured to him that he had never actually done those things to anyone, let alone a resisting someone. he also expressed concern that learning a martial art with a sport component would hamper his fighting ability by making him react "within rules."

:violent1:

anyway, this is the same old story, you guys have heard it a thousand times before. i write this here because it's what bullshido is all about. =P

... and because the idea of eye-gouging for jesus makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 3:07am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, nothing new, but the Wiki link and some of the leads it gives could help the Moclair investigation greatly.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to know exactly at what point being religious and being stupid became the same thing. My Roman Catholicism burns, it BURNS I tell you.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 5:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    I want to know exactly at what point being religious and being stupid became the same thing. My Roman Catholicism burns, it BURNS I tell you.
    The point where you believe in virgin births, people coming back from the dead, living forever, people ascending to heaven, gods that demand appeasement, judge your wrong-doings and reading your thoughts. And if your talking Roman Catholocism then the inquisitions, witch burnings, stifling of free-thought and science, support of ultra right-wing and nationalist regimes, and promoting the spread of AIDS, poverty and overpopulation in the third world by spreading thier doctrines.

Religion IS stupid.

Trolling religious people is smart.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    William Durbin is a long time and well known BS artist. His KOGA RYU NINJUTSU book is a fucking joke and he claimed to have a PhD when he wrote his MASTERING KEMPO book but it turned out that it was from a diploma mill.

BTW his Ninjutsu teachings were suppose to be hidden in the art based down to Nmir Hassan and he somehow convinced him that he was taught ninjutstu by Mitose despite no evidence that Mitose ever study ninjutsu (or Kosho ryu for that matter).
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 9:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So to top it off, they're ninjers?

Iceing on the cake.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 9:56am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do we have so many of these MA for Jesus kooks in the U.S. Do they have a lot of these nuts in Europe, Australia, Canada etc. as well, or did we just get kucky that they're all here?

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 10:05am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't have the same extent of religious fundamentalism here.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 10:08am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    We don't have the same extent of religious fundamentalism here.
    Lucky bastard.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 10:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Lucky bastard.
    Yeah but we have the worst ninja problem:

I promise that you can't find a worse ninjer disaster site on the whole net.

http://www.ninjukai.com.au/
Page 1 of 27 1 234511 ... LastLast