Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2003 10:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony A. has a point, this has to be the billionth time we have rehashed this. Can we be a little more creative people?
    How about this, Two klingons and a heroin addict get into a fight. who wins?

Posted On:
    7/31/2003 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the klinmgonms, edin

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2003 11:57pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People...

There comes a time in life you just have to say, **** IT to conjecture and actually do it.

This is one of those times.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2003 12:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am coming out with a book in late September(Countering the Takedown..A No-Nonsense Guide to Fighting Grapplers) that covers the art of countering a takedown. Stand-up fighting against a grappler. After watching the first 4 UFC's, I realized the importance of staying on my feet in a fight. What was I to do if taken to the ground? All of my years of training in the striking arts would be for not. For the next 5 years I decided to isolate myself from friends and family, and develop a counter to the take down. I trained hard every day, using my mind and ki to overcome the obstacles I faced. I developed and extensive kata that helps develop muscle memory and reaction time. I performed many drills and excersices while standing on one leg and blind-folded. After 10 years I now feel that it is near impossible to take me down. The shoot is something of the past. As BJJ revolutionized the martial arts, this will do the same. I am going to make BJJ and all other grappling arts obsolete. What good can they do if they can't put someone on the ground? Absoulutely nothing.I know you are thinking this to be madness, why would anyone make such a ludicrous statement? Read my book, and you will know the answer. My book will chronicle my 5 years spent in isolation, with real pictures of my handwritten notes that I took while training. The past 5 years I have trained with some of the best wrestlers in the country, developing and altering my techniques to near perfection. My book will also cover the drills and exercises that I have practiced, many on only 1 leg! Balance is key my friends. I am confident in my book and my techniques, I will also be opening a school at some point in the near future. If my book does well I will hopefully have an instructional DVD series out in the next year. The days of BJJ and grappling's dominance are over.

Train hard!
    -Tex

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/01/2003 12:10am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to the book Tex.

One of the reasons why I started training in BJJ was so that I could defend properly if taken to the ground.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your taken to the ground then it out of your control. Cant really discuss it.

The point is whether you take it to the ground or not.

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 11:55am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny, and i was just sending this article to Phrost.....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"I ate a cow once and she fell in love with me." Posted by WTDude August 01 2003.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that I'd choose to take a fight to the ground - despite it probably being my best range - for the (sane) reasons that people have already stated. But what if you use the takedown as an attack? Double leg lift and slam. Surely that will be a fight stopper when done on concrete, and therefore worth doing even though you may end up fighting on the ground.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234