Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 12:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kun tao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know that you would call it a split, from what I have been told, Savelli didn't train with Reeders. He did however train with Bob Servidio, and Bob was one of Reeders original students. Savelli has skill. I can also tell you that I don't know the reason, but there is a definite disconnect. At some point Savelli broke away and made public something(with the addition of his own colorful claims...AKA supernatural powers) that isn't for everybody, and on top of that he charges a fee. The one thing I can tell you, for sure, that I know about kun tao is that you don't claim anything. You keep your mouth shut, when I workout with new sparring partners I tell them I'm a mixed martial artist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 12:58pm

Style: ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Real kun tao View Post
    I don't know that you would call it a split, from what I have been told, Savelli didn't train with Reeders. He did however train with Bob Servidio, and Bob was one of Reeders original students. Savelli has skill. I can also tell you that I don't know the reason, but there is a definite disconnect. At some point Savelli broke away and made public something(with the addition of his own colorful claims...AKA supernatural powers) that isn't for everybody, and on top of that he charges a fee. The one thing I can tell you, for sure, that I know about kun tao is that you don't claim anything. You keep your mouth shut, when I workout with new sparring partners I tell them I'm a mixed martial artist.

Saveli claims otherwise here http://http://www.worldkungfu.com/Master.html

"Master Guy Savelli trained in Shotokan, Tai Chi, Kun Tao, and Goshin Jitsu Kyo Jujo with Master Willem Reeders, one-time President and Chief Instructor of the World Kung-Fu Federation (advised by Sammy Wong of Toronto, Canada). Reeders received his training from Chinese Master Lieu Siong (Master of Huc Chung Kun Tao) who had moved to Jakarta and combined his talents with other Kun Tao and Silat Masters. Reeders was Lieu Siong's nephew and received his training along with such other notables as Ernest and John deVries. However, because Reeders was Lieu Siong's nephew, he trained privately which made his training more deadly and pure. Savelli trained with Master Reeders privately in Huc Chung in Reeders home in Panama Rocks, NY (1964). He earned the coveted rank of Orange Sash in 1965 by defeating 2 other Kun Tao Orange Sashs. (In the Kun Tao system, Orange Sash ranks higher than black belt; Savelli also holds a advanced degree in Shotokan Karate.) Master Savelli trained with world famous mystic, Hazel Ford, of Celeron, New York for fifteen years. Mrs. Ford's expertise was in contacting other people's minds and "knowing." Mrs. Ford was instrumental in interpreting Master Reeders's intentions for Master Savelli. Master Savelli was Hazel Ford's only student."

So not only did Saveli train with Reeder he had a psychic read Reeders mind.

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 1:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, looks like you found your answer...Hazel Ford, that's the difference. If it's on his website then it must be true. I stand corrected.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 1:39pm

Style: ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Real kun tao View Post
    Well, looks like you found your answer...Hazel Ford, that's the difference. If it's on his website then it must be true. I stand corrected.

You misunderstood me and/or I'm not competent with internet sarcasm. I'm not saying that you are incorrect. Considering Saveli claims to possess supernatural powers rivaling that of a greek god, I'm very hesitant to automatically believe anything that is on his website.

Posted On:
    3/27/2010 1:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I was kidding. What I meant to say is that I completely agree with you. I am very skeptical of anything online, and to be honest I flat out don't believe anything I see online about kun tao.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011