Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Imagine this situation, then:

Three other wrestlers wait for him in the locker room and give him a good beating, thinking this will solve the problem once and for all.

Oilchecker goes home beat up and bloodied, his parents ask what happened, and instead of telling them the truth (since that could be embarassing), he says that these three guys were bullying *him.*

His parents seek punishment for the three other wrestlers, who explain that the oilchecker had been doing naughty things to them. The coach is sympathetic to the three, and refuses to really punish them for anything.

The parents take the three wrestlers to court for beating up their son, where the whole fingers-in-ass business gets a lot of publicity anyway.

Where is the lesson learned? How have you "corrected" Oilchecker's behavior?

That's the real idea behind beating him up, right? Behavior modification? "Teaching him a lesson?"

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the coach in your scenario explains to the parents exactly WHY their son got a beating, do you really think they are going to court afterwards? Especially when he says the ENTIRE team is willing to state that he stuck his fingers in the bad place.

Really?

Granted, some people are lawsuit happy (especially in the US), but almost all parents would be so mortified at their own son's behaviour that it would stop there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Granted, some people are lawsuit happy (especially in the US), but almost all parents would be so mortified at their own son's behaviour that it would stop there.
    i hope you're right. if so, no problem i guess.

i just have little faith in human rationality. i mean, just look around this site. delusions abound. =P

and besides, i can imagine the parents saying B-BUT ITS A LEGITIMATE MOVE HE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BEATEN UP!!!1

which.. well, is it a legitimate move? i hear that it is, but i don't know what it is, precisely, or what it's purpose is.

oh, and:

Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    24 guys, or half of them, or a quarter of them, could have squashed this little punk like a horde of zombies and...hell, I don't know, farted on his head until he got the point that if you are an asshole to others, others get to be assholes to you.
    If he doesn't get the point, put Drano in his gatorade or something. :-P
    haha.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These problems are alleviated when the fight starts when he sticks the finger in the ass. Don't wait to gang up on him, or plan revenge, just go at it then.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    These problems are alleviated when the fight starts when he sticks the finger in the ass. Don't wait to gang up on him, or plan revenge, just go at it then.
    sure, then you just have a scrap.

unfortunately, and this is where i join in saying that modern society has teh ghey, a typical high school in america has some bullshit "zero-tolerance" policy for any kind of violence. guns and knives are one thing, fists and football tackles are another.

two kids slugging it out is not, in the grand scheme of things, a big deal. i have way less of a problem with that than i do with a larger group of guys ganging up and "teaching him a lesson."

however, at my high school, for example, fighting of any kind got both kids in major trouble, suspensions, could ruin their grades and future chances to get into college, etc.

i think you can be a perfectly good student, a perfectly good kid, and still get into a lot of fights for perfectly good reasons---society and i apparently disagree on this point.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leere_form
    sure, then you just have a scrap.

unfortunately, and this is where i join in saying that modern society has teh ghey, a typical high school in america has some bullshit "zero-tolerance" policy for any kind of violence. guns and knives are one thing, fists and football tackles are another.

two kids slugging it out is not, in the grand scheme of things, a big deal. i have way less of a problem with that than i do with a larger group of guys ganging up and "teaching him a lesson."

however, at my high school, for example, fighting of any kind got both kids in major trouble, suspensions, could ruin their grades and future chances to get into college, etc.

i think you can be a perfectly good student, a perfectly good kid, and still get into a lot of fights for perfectly good reasons---society and i apparently disagree on this point.
    That's because 'society' has too many lawyers looking to get paid. Mantis and Sam excluded, of course.
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:37pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I playfully threatened my cousin in highschool and some teachers overheard it which resulted in my expulsion. Whooooo zero tolerance!

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I playfully threatened my cousin in highschool and some teachers overheard it which resulted in my expulsion. Whooooo zero tolerance!
    Which started you down the path of wanton violence and destruction, and has made you the killing machine you are today no doubt.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had to fight on school premises before.

Once my friends and I (we were hated because we were different) challenged all the assholes who hated us to come fight after school. We were there with steak knives and hammers and screwdrivers ready to go. Not one of those ***** bullies showed up. They kept their mouths shut too, for a little while.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 4:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If nobody showed up but you, i don't think that qualifies as a fight.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast