Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 1:59am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The oil check is a legit move for Turkish oil wrestling because they're all slathered in oil, so the only handles they have is either grabbing their junk or sticking a finger in their ass.
    ... i'm speechless. just when i thought grappling couldn't get any gayer, i find this out.

um, and i imagine this kid's opponents were not slathered in oil, so i can't see any "legitimate" function for this particular "move."

so.. really. surely some of you have wrestled and stuff: why do people do this? what the hell is the purpose of this ass-gouging technique?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 3:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing, running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just like shoving my thumb in guys' butts
    :XXphyhsas

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk
    Having said that, it was fingers, through clothing. How much damage could he have done?
    Mmmm... 5 hp piercing damage?

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 9:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo
    Prosecutors won't prosecute if the "victims" don't cooperate. You have no case if you don't have a teary-eyed high school wrestler on the stand crying about his pooper. Which I would have no shame in doing had I been victim to this very "legitimate" move.

Perhaps the prosecutor didn't do a good job of explaining what prosecution would entail, but they have no case without the victims.
    Although what you say makes sense, it's not true.

Charges are filed, even when a victim does not cooperate.

My guess in this case is that the parents got all bent out of shape, perhaps motivated by their kid's loss due to oil check. They could have went to police, and now you have 21st century justice.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 10:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god damn ... **** like this should never make it into court. Not to reiterate wat has already been said but i do agree that our society is sufffering from general pussiness. This whole gayiety is manifested in the banning of boxing at schools as well as general decline in proper (as in full conatact rather than point fighting) contact sports at uni and overly sensitive political correctness exhibited by today's western society.
    Hell I went to all stars (a boxing gym on harrow road in london) and was pretty much the only kid there who went to uni.

One should just remember the amount of problems the ufc came up against (in the past, and is still facing) when first sanctioning mma bouts.

otherwise ... why oh why would someone take this public? wat get paid? I mean imagine just how much they'll get bullied at school and, oh man, I just feel sry for them.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Mantis:

I'm not talking about charges filed. You're right in that regards. A fellow journalist I work with once got this quote from an attorney: "You can indict a ham sandwich if you want"

I'm talking about prosecuting the case through a trial. You have no case if you don't have victims to take the stand. All of their statements would be inadmissible as evidence because they can't be cross-examined or impeached. Unless the guy is stupid enough to plea guilty or no contest before a trial.

Regardless, I hope the prosecutor explained to the victims exactly what charges and a trial would entail. Pun intended.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 2:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Two
    I.E. giving some female student suspension for bringing a Midol to school.
    Wait, what?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 7:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Mantis:

I'm not talking about charges filed. You're right in that regards. A fellow journalist I work with once got this quote from an attorney: "You can indict a ham sandwich if you want"
    This, in fact, is a quote from Law and Order.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 7:48pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Newsflash: wingchundo you are arguing with a lawyer.

as for the midol, story. That actually did happen at my school. This is testament as to why zero-tolerance policies don't work and the punishments handed out rarely fit the 'crimes'. Once your hands are tied youre limited by procedure.

The real problem though is with the parents of some of the kids. My dad worked as an admin for years and has some wonderful stories of kids bringing guns to school and thier parents arguing that its not thiers or some other bullshit about little johnny being too good to be involved in no drug buisness. A lot of the time this ends up with them refusing to believe it to the contrary of all available direct evidence. Thus a relatively simple problem becomes a whole huge pain in the ass. I'm not at all saying they shouldn't have their say or that all arguments shouldnt be heard, but some people are just fanatical it the face of evidence at hand.

This also goes with the topic at hand I think. being that the sentencing guidelines and DA are using rules that are like sent down from on high from a flaming charriot. This is to the point that were not even interested rehabilitation anymore, just permanent timeouts. My guess: the kid was probably an asshole and pushed that button one too many times, so his team probably got together and thought: "you know it'd be funny if we..." That said, there's no way a term in prison is justifiable for adolescent games.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/17/2006 12:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Mantis:

I'm talking about prosecuting the case through a trial. You have no case if you don't have victims to take the stand. All of their statements would be inadmissible as evidence because they can't be cross-examined or impeached. Unless the guy is stupid enough to plea guilty or no contest before a trial.
    This is really a complex evidenciary topic, that also requires a case by case analysis due to elements that need to be proven, which I don't want to get into in a post.

You can be found guilty of a crime even though the victim doesn't take the stand, trust me.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast