221281 Bullies, 4158 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/14/2006 9:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread's getting dumped into Trollshido unless we get 1. a useful title, and 2. back on the topic.

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 1:08am

Style: Throwing, and Matwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then change the topic to Workout Bullshido: End the Torment!

this topic should be about what is true and false in the world of fitness. post your Matt Furey, your Farmer Burns, your Brooks Kubik, your everything. post your hilarious links. reverse punch your way to fitness.

speaking of Matt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_furey

Quote from jolly roger, a poster on www.bodyweightculture.com

I think Matt Furey is a total rip-off.
    He sells a course for fixing carpal-tunnel syndrome which includes several free gifts, one of which is a green rubber donut from China which he claims has a value of $25,- (I think you can also buy it seperately).
    I dicovered a pack including TWO of those donuts at Wal-Mart Germany for 3,89,- thats about $3,60,- Laughing
    http://www.combatconditioning.com/ca...unnel_fix.html (check gift #2)

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Title: Dinosaur Bodyweight Training is retarded.

Why?

Dinosaur Bodyweight Training is more than a mere-muscle building program. The course develops your body the natural way: from the inside out. It builds strong, powerful, perfectly functioning internal organs. It strengthens and fortifies all of the internal processes. It builds a body bursting with energy, vigor and vitality.
    Because that's retarded.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 9:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Bodyweight Training: For And Against"

Just to get the thread on track, I've been doing lots of bodyweight squats lately and my flexibility and leg strength has noticeably improved... While it doesn't work the same magic as lifting weights, it does let the muscles you've already got operate more efficiently...

Whether being taught the bleeding obvious for $700 is really worth it is another matter altogether.

There. Now could the experts on this subject please take over?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think there much to discuss... But I'm certainly no expert - just an asshole with an opinion, a 5mb internet pipe, and a lot of free time.

Everyone can agree that bodyweight exercise is good. I love me a little bit of yoga, which is bodyweight exercise + stretching. Who hasn't done a push-up or jumping-jack?

Still, it's not a substitute for real weight training. It won't build up your internal organs, improve your digestion, or give you the strength of 5 gorillas.

And paying for it? I'd be really skeptical it's worth any amount of money with all the awesome free resources out there. http://bodyweightculture.com is a good one - I forget who posted it but props to them.

Still, I'm glad that "Dinosaur Bodyweight Training" is in the title so the search engine crawlers can pick it up. with luck no one will waste their money. exersise bullshido FTL.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 4:19pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Understand This"

Hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy, but I just wanted to add that I've seen a copy of the book of the course in question (I'm not sure how many cd's, dvd's, teleseminars etc. go along with it for a few dollars more). The original book, from 1997, only cost about 20$. Kubik was one of those who researched and revived the training methods of the strongmen like Inch, Sandow, and so on, and he got some cred for it. Nine years later, it has morphed into a "course" that costs 197$. The cost to belong to the Dinosaur Training Forum (aka the Inner Circle)? 197$ (not a typo, 197$ as well for the forum alone, per year). Weight-training was de-emphasized in favor of bodyweight exercises. What happened in those nine years? The new book constantly references Matt Furey ("I was talking to Matt during breakfast after a seminar"). Yup, looks like some sales expertise was shared, and we go from credible and interesting revival of old training methods to secrets and inner circles. And now the book has gems like this:
    THE STANDARD PUSHUP WITH KI FOCUS
    "Combine the standard pushup with the concentrated channeling of ki . . . you should see and feel results in the first few taining sessions . . . Begin by learning to channel ki . . . In the previous exercise, I asked you to channel air, just as if you were breathing"

(Oh ok, so by ki he means deep breathing? Focus and concentration? A helpful visualization to fire the muscles up? I can buy that, but wait a sec . . .)
    "But understand this. You were not merely breathing. You were summoning, cultivating, acquiring, and channeling ki"
    Oh snap! Yes, don't be mistaken, this is "energy channeling", not any scientific phenomenon. Not to get into the whole ki/qi/chi debate, but with the super high price and sales pitch, this is a blatant attempt to rope in the LARPer who has come to the realization "gee, maybe I should do some pushups."

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 6:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    197$ to do push-ups?

Bugger off!!

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Friend,

I was watching a program on the Zombie Box about the Second World War. World War II was known as THE BIG ONE, nearly half a MILLION Americans were killed. Vast Armies fighting around the world with airplanes, tanks, submarines, and even the atomic bomb.

But, despite all these Wonder Weapons, the most vicious, deadly, bloody fighting didn1t happen at 30,00 feet, or twenty fathoms. These fights happened at arms reach, so close they could feel each others breath. Hard core and bloody mortal combat.

Then the program ended.

And the nightly news started. Another violent assault. Another outrage against some law-abiding citizen. Beat up. Crippled. Maimed. Killed. Or even worse.
    I originally tried to think of some zany "fate worse than death" zinger, but the overwhelming flood of Paul Reiser/Eddie Bravo/Carlos Mencia standup comedy jokes that instantly rushed to my brain gave me a mild case of whiplash. I'm fine now though, thanks, but you'll have to write your own punchline while I recuperate.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 2:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just get in to it

software engineer

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 3:36am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by regalniets
    just get in to it
    You have a lot to offer this forum. I just feel it, ya'know?
    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast