Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 2:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hey everyone, look at me playing with my cauliflower!!!

This is a spin off thread from the video recently posted by Pizdof showing a guy getting his Cauli ear drained. I posted the following pic of me draining my own ear a while back and people started asking questions about it. If the questions, smartass or otherwise continue I will try to answer them regarding how I treated my cauli ear or how could my mother love such an ugly baby, etc..rather than high jacking Piz's thread....so have at it...if there is no interest in either my life and death bout with cauliflower ear or if the thread fails to take some out of control humorous spin the Mod Gods can feel free to nuke it appropriately.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 8:54pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you... sticking it with a pen?

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/01/2007 9:09pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How far in do you stick the needle

How long does it take to swell again

Do you use a new needle each time

Where do you get the needles

kthanxbye

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 12:02am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    How far in do you stick the needle

How long does it take to swell again

Do you use a new needle each time

Where do you get the needles

kthanxbye
    just through the first layer of skin. Picture trying to use the needle to remove what is in the center of a ravioli. Once the needle breaks through the the skin it slides in really easy. You do not want to go to far and puncture the cartilage and you want to put the needle in through the front of the ear.

after the initial swelling and first drain it will swell back up a bit over night and you will have to drain it again in the morning. One way to stop the refill of blood after the initial drain is to clip a clothes pin over your ear which acts similar to putting pressure on a wound to stop the bleeding. You will have to keep draining it until the ear stop bleeding inside and starts to heal.

Yes I use a new needle each time. You may have to puncture the ear a few different times during one draining session. I would use a new needle each session. You may have to move the needle around a bit when trying to drain the ear because the blood can gather in pockets. So you may stick the needle right into the middle of the swelling and get nothing.

I'm diabetic so I have a supply of insulin needles that work really well. I would recommend using insulin needles as opposed to a regular size syringe because the needled on an insulin syringe is really thin and does not hurt much going in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 12:28am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI you can also try to search youtube "draining ear" to find clips of this.

Example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsuv-X_mSIk

It gives you a good idea of how it is done.

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 4:16am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys.
    Actually as to getting hold of needles, I remember someone suggesting going to a needle exchange, and saying they're for steroids to avoid embarrassment.
    I think I might ask a nurse or doctor friend instead though.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 5:48am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them it's for Heroin, they'll give a lifetime supply for free... I hate this country.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 9:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonHartigan
    FYI you can also try to search youtube "draining ear" to find clips of this.

Example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsuv-X_mSIk

It gives you a good idea of how it is done.
    That's actually a pretty good vid.

The needle he is using IS an insulin needle. Always make sure you clean the ear with alcohol prior to inserting the needle you want the area to be as clean as possible. You can tell by the orange needle cap and how thin the needled is. A new needle will have a cap on both ends, one covering the needle and the other covering the plunger. Although I wouldn't necessarily believe one was new if some guy just handed it to you and it happened to have caps on both ends. BE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR NEEDLES FROM.

He actually fails to hit the pocket of blood on the first shot and changes the angle to start the drain. This is common.

You can see that there is a clear difference in the ear from when he started the process. This is typical as well.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 9:54pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where I live it's not really very hard to get vetrinary needles at pet or farm stores.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/02/2007 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never bough any needles here in the US, so I have no clue if I need a prescription or some other **** before I go to the pharmacy. My freaking left ear has been tender for some time, so I rather have a few needles in case I finally get "earmarked". So I could just basically go to any pharmacy and ask for insulin needles??????
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast