Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 10:11am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reason is that being taught properly requires alot of hard work and sweat. Look at the fat Dillman BB who got busted by FoxNews. His gym was full of very fat or very scrawny people. None of them looked to be in good shape, but they all thought they could easily defeat any attacker.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 10:34am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But that's because being in good shape actually makes Dillmans pressure point inefective...

So according to his logic you can't be in good shape to learn the stuff since it wouldn't work on you....funny enough most things that were shown to me on the seminar worked well enough on me and my teacher.

That's another way to know if someone is BSing you , if they try to find stupid excuses why it doesn't work.

Saying well looks like that perticular point isn't doing anything to you isn't good enough because it would make it 'real' and in the physical world, but saying that somehow you can negate 'magic' energy by doing things like raising your big toe makes it more esoteric.

Counter example; same seminar one of the points shown near the knee didn't work at all on my teacher and when we wondered why, we asked what was targeted in terms of anatomy and apparently it was were some knee tendons attached, well since my teacher had those removed in knee surgery they obvioulsy couldn't work. There was no discussion on my teacher's chi not being good or whatever.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 10:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another reason is that being taught properly requires alot of hard work and sweat. Look at the fat Dillman BB who got busted by FoxNews.
    Excellent point! We had a Dillman BB (and MA school owner) come to a Bruce Chui (arnis) seminar. He was at least 300lbs and it wasn't well muscled. His initial defense to an overhead type attack (arnis #12 strike, to put it in context) was to throw a kick at the "S-5 meridian," which is on the shin somewhere. He kept claiming it would stop someone in there tracks. Now, I understand that a single person or instructor doesn't always reflect on the school or style as a whole, but there do seem to be a lot of obese Dillman BBs...maybe they're hiding their own pressure points under layers of lard as a defensive measure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 12:24am

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1

So, any LI'ers want to start fraud busting, or know anywhere else that needs our services, chime in!
    I'm game! Sounds like a good laugh. Wonder if we can smuggle in a cam-corder?

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 8:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knowing Dillman, I'm sure he'll be selling DVDs that one of his students has volunteered to edit...

This is the guy who wouldn't sign a book for a friend of mine because the friend brought his "Dillman's Pressure Point Fighting" from home rather than purchasing a special seminar edition for $60...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 11:07am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OnceLost, maybe your friend could get one of Dillman's top students to autograph the book, and knock him out with his mind while he signs it. Dillman could then use this as a testimonial, and this might get your friend's name in Dillman's next course.

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 11:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Believe me - if Bill was going to knock someone out, it wouldn't be with his mind!! Jerry, the instructor where I train, attended a "Big Three" seminar (Dillman, Wally Jay, and Remy Presas). He said he was chatting with someone when Dillman, who was chatting with someone else at the time, tried to grab his ear to show off a pressure point. Jerry didn't know why somebody was grabbing for his ear, so he slapped Dillman's hand away. According to Jerry, Dillman got all pissy and glared at him for the rest of the seminar. I can't verify that story, but it seems to be true to character...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 11:27am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dillman looks like a pissy guy in general. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Dillman who claimed he and his top students (here we go with that cult **** again) could take full power kicks to their groin without a cup, by directing their chi to their balls? It would be great to somehow deliver a ball crushing kick to one of these chi masters that left them unable to continue the seminar. hehehe

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 2:47pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by botunga
    Dillman looks like a pissy guy in general. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Dillman who claimed he and his top students (here we go with that cult **** again) could take full power kicks to their groin without a cup, by directing their chi to their balls? It would be great to somehow deliver a ball crushing kick to one of these chi masters that left them unable to continue the seminar. hehehe
    That would be a great way to give them a darwin award.

Unfortuntately I think you have your people mixed up, the only human bieng that could do that was Sgt. Buzzcut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_Buzzcut

Posted On:
    12/19/2006 3:04pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon guys this is the holiday season, we should spread some joy instead of trying to ruin this man (that comes next year).

How about a bullshido.net embroidered tu-tu?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast