I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/12/2006 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How Do Mental Health.

Aside from physical health, your mental health is also equally as important. We've seen it dozens of times where a fighter's mentality is what gets him. Let's take a look at Matt Hughes, the guy isn't the best at any one thing, but what made him a champion was that he wanted it. He wanted it really badly and that sheer will boosted his chances of winning. Then he fights GSP. Despite GSP having better standup and all, it was apparent how much Matt Hughes just didn't want it as much as GSP did.

I personally believe that mentality is a huge majority of the game. And this sounds really stupid, but if you want to win you have to think you can win. So what can you do to keep your mentality up? There's a vast array of things and it's different for every person. Some people like to excercise, some play game, some eat, etc. etc. What you have to keep in mind is that you need to pick what's the healthiest for you to do. For example, when I get stressed I pop in Battlefield: Vietnam and I shoot some Vietnamese people in the face. Shooting Southeast Asian people always makes me feel better. But sometimes I just keep at it waaaayyyyy too long and it ends up draining me.

Feel stuck in a rut and can't think of anything to do? Here's some suggestions for you to get your spirits back up.

- Break something. Yep, get an old glass plate or something and find some place safe like out in the backyard on top of a tarp or something and just break it. Breaking things for some reason makes me feel better. I love getting old computer junk and just baseball batting it. I hate computers, but they bring me money so this makes it all sweeter.

- Exert energy. Run, jump, hit the bag, do pushups. Anything to get you to exert energy, **** masturbate to pictures of me if you have to. Get it out, and you'll feel better afterwards.

- Play an instrument? Go play it. It doesn't sound like it, but it'll keep your mind occupied and you'll feel better afterwards.

- Build something. It's not all about destroying things. Build something. Bust out the Legos and build something. Putting your mind on something constructive is helpful for good mental health. Build a shanty for your tools. Build something. Put your hands to work and create an empire.

- Talk to somebody. Everyone turns into an emo fag sometimes and just needs someone to talk to and nothing else seems to work. Need someone to talk to? I'm usually on at ridiculous hours of the day on instant messenger. AIM = Sircnay and MSN = Mr_egoiste@hotmail.com and yahoo = chaotically_good@yahoo.com. I might talk to you, who knows.

Mental health is good. It's nice to keep it up because it fuels your motivation to train and do things that'll help you achieve other things. IT'S THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!!!!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 12:13am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont really see what any of these have to do with your mentality for fighting though. and what you have listed are all diversions except for the last one. if there is something genuinely bugging you, ignoring it won't do much except possibly make it worse.

i mean busting out the counter strike and owning some noobs makes me feel- no, it makes me KNOW im a better person, but if there is something weighing on my mind or if im simply a bit batshit crazy it will not remedy this.

anyway for my suggestion, the power of positive thought. i think about all the positives. if i am training for a fight and feel nervous or doubt myself then i just think about how hard ive been training, how good my coach is and how our fighters are the best, and so on.

same with everything else, if you go in with an attitude that you can't lose then usually you wont. this MAY not work if you arent as fucking spectacular as I am though so i make no guarantees.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 12:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    i dont really see what any of these have to do with your mentality for fighting though. and what you have listed are all diversions except for the last one. if there is something genuinely bugging you, ignoring it won't do much except possibly make it worse.

i mean busting out the counter strike and owning some noobs makes me feel- no, it makes me KNOW im a better person, but if there is something weighing on my mind or if im simply a bit batshit crazy it will not remedy this.

anyway for my suggestion, the power of positive thought. i think about all the positives. if i am training for a fight and feel nervous or doubt myself then i just think about how hard ive been training, how good my coach is and how our fighters are the best, and so on.

same with everything else, if you go in with an attitude that you can't lose then usually you wont. this MAY not work if you arent as fucking spectacular as I am though so i make no guarantees.
    Your overall mental health affects everything.

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 12:32am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex

I was totally positive in my wrestling match today until I heard a series of popping sounds in my ankle.

I couldn't help but think negative for the rest of the night.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 1:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sirc theres no need for any of that **** you mentioned. Just take drugs.
    カンフー

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 2:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Sirc theres no need for any of that **** you mentioned. Just take drugs.
    This was almost witty.

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 8:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with the positive thoughts, their pretty important, for example if you think to yourself while fighting that you "WON'T get Hit" by your opponent chance are you will since that's actually negative thinking, the word Hit subcousiouly will probably make you focus on being hit not avoiding getting hit, for it to be a positive thoughts it would have to be more along the lines of you "Evade" , "Dodge" "Avoid" your opponent, making you more concentrated on evading. Not sure if i'm making any sense but it make sense to me....
    -Drizuz

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizuz
    I agree with the positive thoughts, their pretty important, for example if you think to yourself while fighting that you "WON'T get Hit" by your opponent chance are you will since that's actually negative thinking, the word Hit subcousiouly will probably make you focus on being hit not avoiding getting hit, for it to be a positive thoughts it would have to be more along the lines of you "Evade" , "Dodge" "Avoid" your opponent, making you more concentrated on evading. Not sure if i'm making any sense but it make sense to me....
    -Drizuz
    I think you're overanalyzing.

Personally I just perform better when I don't have butterflies on my stomache and I know I have a big lunch waiting for me after training.

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crap did I spell stomache right? Stomache? Stomach? Stomak?

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, ex-Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pehaps my example wasn't the best since you don't get to think much in a fight and probably better if you don't overthink, but basiclly positive thinking can help alot more then negative thinking.

and I beleive it's spelled Stomach .... but could be wrong
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast