Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Riggs is way too streaky for me to bet on. He has obvious off nights and obvious on nights, while Diego is always on.

Riggs is 3-1 at 170, though, with his only loss being to Hughes. I think it's a closer fight than a lot of people are thinking.

As with a lot of fights these days, a lot will depend on who can outwrestle the other.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Riggs is way too streaky for me to bet on. He has obvious off nights and obvious on nights, while Diego is always on.

Riggs is 3-1 at 170, though, with his only loss being to Hughes. I think it's a closer fight than a lot of people are thinking.

As with a lot of fights these days, a lot will depend on who can outwrestle the other.

It'll probably be a good fight, but you gotta give Diego the edge. I just see Joe taking a beating after being put on his back cause I don't think he'll be able to get diego off him.

I didn't knwo this, but Joe beat herb dean out in under a minute. :icon_thum

Win Herb Dean Submission (Strikes) RITC 43-The Match 1/18/2003 1 0:52
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am very interested in this fight. I like Sanchez a lot (I've met him, albeit briefly, at tournaments and he's genuinely nice even if he does come off in interviews as borderline retarded) and like his balls to the wall fighting approach, but Riggs is one of those guys that if he ever put all the pieces together would be a force.

The other interesting thing to me about this fight is also that I think a lot of Diaz's success also stems from his physicality (obviously he's great technically as well), which is going to be neutralized in this match. We might really be able to see what these two guys have technically in a more clear manner than in previous bouts.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just bet on Riggs because he hits harder than anyone in that class, has good skills...and is the ONLY person I've ever seen end a fight with elbows from his BACK!!!
    I pity the fool who cannot throw an elbow from his back to end a fight.

Riggs by KO, bitches.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I am very interested in this fight. I like Sanchez a lot (I've met him, albeit briefly, at tournaments and he's genuinely nice even if he does come off in interviews as borderline retarded) and like his balls to the wall fighting approach, but Riggs is one of those guys that if he ever put all the pieces together would be a force.
    I actually had dinner with Diego (and several other people) after the Grappler's Quest where he beat Pablo Popovitch. I think he's a fruitcake, but I like him as a fighter.

Everyone who trains with Riggs says that he's one of those guys that's amazing in the gym, but doesn't always put it together in the ring/cage. Who knows if this will be the fight where he really puts it together?

The other interesting thing to me about this fight is also that I think a lot of Diaz's success also stems from his physicality (obviously he's great technically as well), which is going to be neutralized in this match. We might really be able to see what these two guys have technically in a more clear manner than in previous bouts.
    Yeah, this fight may wind up answering a lot of questions - about whether Riggs can really get mentally ready for a high-profile match, and about whether Diego can deal with someone physically more powerful than him. Both answers will make it a little more clear where those guys stand in the division.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 4:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually had dinner with Diego (and several other people) after the Grappler's Quest where he beat Pablo Popovitch. I think he's a fruitcake, but I like him as a fighter.
    That reminds me, I forgot to ask my coach about Brian's after party this past weekend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 9:41pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do/ Gumdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im going to go with Riggs submisson in the second round.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 9:53pm

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, that was a really short fight. Kind of a let down after all the hype.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 9:54pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do/ Gumdo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah diego dominated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2006 9:55pm

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That, my friend, is only if you put it politely.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast