Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 2:53am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a few things to call out as well.
    1. Torké- Can't find it by that spelling(or similar) in either of my Old Norse dictionaries. (Most highly regarded and accessable being "A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic" by Geir T. Zoëga)
    2. The warhammer as a weapon was not utilized in the 'old norse' ways of battle. It hasn't appeared as grave goods yet that I'm aware of, even counting Anglo-Saxon graves. It appeared on the battlefield due to the widespread use of plate armour, in the 15-16th centuries. Trawl the net for any number of sites, many will give out several references. Of particular interest are sites with museum collections, though they're hard to find at times.
    You can also check "Vikings: The North Atlantic Saga" for plenty of pics, or any of the Osprey books for decent enough descriptions and plenty of pictures.(Osprey books of the Viking age for 'Old Norse' weapons, medieval/renaissance for the warhammer)
    3. Learning the Old Norse ways of battle would be best accomplished with a time machine. No real documentation exists, thus it's just another claim of 'handed down from blah blah blah....'
    4. Again assuming he still thinks he's speaking Old Norse, we get to Blays-Halla. Blech. The proper Old Norse is Valhöll. Here, -halla is a term in Old Norse, with many meanings, none of which are 'hall'. (the first being 'to incline or turn sideways' the rest are only created when 'halla' is added in a phrase, or by gaining suffix/prefix) Höll, of course, would be 'hall'. One would think someone who studied the Old Norse ways would know that, but apparently not.
    5. That symbol thing for his 'academy'. I ran a quick translation of the runes, and without even trying, got 'bleiz' on the left and 'halla' on the right. Translated directly, didn't have to pull from Old Norse(which would be the proper way to do it, especially for one trained in such a manner). Uses the Elder Futhark, yet somehow didn't notice that he could have gone straight to 'Blays' if he really wanted. Can't even spell his own term right.

Anyway, these are my gripes and lead me to doubt anything else this guy spews out. In my view, it's just a big pile of þarfagangr(m. urine, excrement.)

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im having a good laugh about this latest Bullshido. Its one thing to attack me, A unknown and faceless individual but now some of the members have gone after Blaise Loong? Some of the posters have really stepped on their own dicks this time.

As far as the Apache thing, well the original poster pretty much answered those questions by answering the questions I posed, Its some kind of minor issue of one guy saying he is more Indian than another, Its A old story and one I have dealt with many times, another of those document and dojo arguments that has nothing to do with reality, intent nor capability.

The whole bitch here on the original post was that Blaise was not Apache enough to teach Apache knowledge as a complete system of fighting. Anyone who has bothered to look will see where the Apache thing is just one part of a six part foundation.

Im sure Blaise and friends are having a good laugh about all this!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:08am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    **** that, all i want is mead and that cool hat wiht the horns, and those hot bitches that take u to a eternal heaven of fucking, killing and drinking. and eating :P
    Maybe someday if you're lucky. For now all you get is water, LARPing, chi attacks, and those 400lb Wangnerian opera bitch wannabes.

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 8:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Blah blah blah I'm a woo woo nutcase who believes in downloading Indian fighting systems with peyote and I invented a martial art system with an idiotic name.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Personally, I think Apache Attack Self-Defense Systems has a better ring to it. You could call it AASDS and make yourself a fifth dan.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what this boils down to is...

Shazaaye doesnt like this guy (Blaise) because

1. He is teaching Apache "arts" to outsiders
    2. He (Blaise) isnt as Indian as Shazaaye is, therefore he doesnt have any credibility
    3. His style (Blaise) is inferior to Shazaaye style, becasue Shazaaye started his own style.

Am I right here?

Now, Shazaaye...

You were asked to translate something to prove to another poster that you were authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I think you're an indaa pretender.

Translate this and maybe I'll believe you're not full of ****.

'Iłk'id́ą, k ǫǫ yá'édįná'a.
    'Ákoo Tł'ízhe hooghéí dá'áíná bikǫ' 'óliná'a.
    'Ákoo Tł'ízheí gotál yiis'́ąná'a.
    'Ákoo Mai'áee híłghoná'a.
    Gotál jiis'́ąí 'áee, Mai tsíbąąee naaná'azhishná'a.
    'Ákoo bitseeí tsínáiłgoná'a.
    You have yet to translate. If you are the indian you SAY you are then you should have been able to translate it right then and there. Instead you ask for more time. Is this so you can have it translated?
    You got pretty defensive when someone asked for credentials...to the point you threatened to sue.....thats sad.

You came here and told us about your art Akimbo....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......what does that have to do with Blaise? Really...what? It seems that you have an axe to grind. Maybe he called you out on your credentials about "Akimbo" and now its payback time.

I reserve judgment on "Akimbo" since I dont know anything about it other than what you have stated here. Is there any way you could start a thread or even PM me the details about "Akimbo"? I am curious.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 2:32pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey David:

We're already debating the credentials of two people here, could we keep the AR matter on another thread? I'd like to keep this one from getting derailed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 5:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Warcraft

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oldman37:

At least you have command of the English langauge and and an interest in investigating claims unlike some of the juveniles on this thread. It seems that some others here are only able to type the F-bomb because, well, they have an inability to put together a well reasoned thought process.

I agree with your questions posed to Shazaaye which remain unanswered and should be answered.

To others:

I would expect similar questions to be posed to Blaise. I know that Blaise would not shrink away from any honest questioning of his claims. Perhaps, you will even get some answers to your questions. Anyone including the Admin here is welcome to go to his discussion board and pose questions to him directly at http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/celticsword. In fact, I believe the Admin here has corrosponded with Blaise before.

Here are some magazine articles on Blaise for some background on him. http://www.celticsword.com/wst_page7.php .

I know that the juveniles (childish little boys for those that need to look it up) here will continue to respond in a manner commensurate with their intelligence level, in this I know I will not be disappointed. Just read the posts that may follow.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 5:43pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please invite Blaise here, Mr Sword.

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 5:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With these two native American martial artists present and debating their arts, perhaps we can figure out if they are both legitimate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 6:08pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticSword
    WHY NOT CALL IT THE ROOSTERKIMBO
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34
    You came here and told us about your art Akimbo....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
    ... ..."Akimbo" and now its payback time.
    I reserve judgment on "Akimbo" since I dont know anything about it ...
    ... PM me the details about "Akimbo"? I am curious.
    Actually it is now called ROOSTERKIMBO,
    a real RED INDIAN said so!!
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast