--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 9:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    A newspaper would not need consent from the victim to publish personal details such as their age at the time of victimization. Unfortunately S.P. could very easily reoffend, and it is crucial to preserve his comments and information about his crime for readers within the martial arts community. If you wish to file a lawsuit that is up to you, I don't believe it will provide the result you wish, but I never try to dissuade someone from seeking legal counsel. The thread will remain as posted.
    I have no intention of filing charges, but I had hoped that you would have some sympathy toward my position. I know he could reoffend, which is why I have no problem with it being known that he is a sex offender. The link to his page has everything anyone needs to know about what he did. I just wanted personal information about what happened with me, my therapy, his insane ramblings about me, etc. removed. It's my way of taking control and saying, "No, sorry, you don't get to use me as an example for your crazy talk on the internet." It seems to me that you care more about having the excitement of a scandal visible to your users than about the discomfort of a victim of sexual abuse.

Regardless, I now see that this is a lost cause. So thanks for your time.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/14/2010 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry we couldn't come to agreement on that (I say we, but obviously, I didn't make that decision; I don't work here, I just post things) but I wish you the best. I do think there is value in having people able to see what Puebla said and how he said it. It makes his craziness clear in a way that being told "You should have seen what the man wrote before it was all removed, it was crazy" never could.

Still waiting for Puebla's cease-and-desist, by the way. I'm beginning to think he wasn't completely sincere in some of his threats.

Posted On:
    11/17/2010 9:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I'm sorry we couldn't come to agreement on that (I say we, but obviously, I didn't make that decision; I don't work here, I just post things) but I wish you the best. I do think there is value in having people able to see what Puebla said and how he said it. It makes his craziness clear in a way that being told "You should have seen what the man wrote before it was all removed, it was crazy" never could.

Still waiting for Puebla's cease-and-desist, by the way. I'm beginning to think he wasn't completely sincere in some of his threats.
    Thanks. I understand that, but I would think his craziness is pretty evident without the information about me. Ahh, well.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/22/2012 8:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142