Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    7/31/2003 11:20pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who said anything about stylists here, Kungfoolss?

"You can't cast aspersions on someone because they're wearing a cape. Superman wore a cape, and I'll be damned if I'll let you say something bad about him." - Jerry Seinfeld
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/31/2003 11:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfoolss, why do you use the term "colored folk" like you're the bad guy in a civil rights drama?
    Ahhh, the ignorance of the stylists rears its ugly head once again. (Sighs)

Tell me, how exactly does the use of the word 'colored' make me a bad man? It denotes no connotation of racial intolerance or insensitivity, only your warped perception and emotional ties to the issue accomplishes that.

"I recognize the Republican party as the sheet anchor of the colored man's political hopes and the ark of his safety." Frederick Douglass 1888
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Titan

Posted On:
    8/01/2003 3:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said "Not Grappling" as grappling can be trained at full power. When a submission is applied the opponent can tap out at any time and be released. The only difference is if the situation was "real" you would not release the hold, and either break the limb, or KO the opponent with a choke/strangle. IMO, this is by far the best method of training, as you never hold back and there are usually no injuries.

There is no "tapping out" of a leathal SCARS move, as they are designed to kill. How can they be tested without great injury or death ?

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Eyes open wide, looking at the heavens with a tear in my eye.
    Yes there's love if you want it, don't sound like a sonnet.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    8/01/2003 11:11am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so black is a colour now?

i think i should go out and kill some people as well....

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/01/2003 12:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said "Not Grappling" as grappling can be trained at full power.
    I believe the operative words there are "can be," but obviously control must be at the forefront of any action taken, compression application or otherwise.

When a submission is applied the opponent can tap out at any time and be released.
    As can a leverage break, or lethal movement. Not everything you need to know is found in the sporting world, I believe that is part of your confusion.

There is no "tapping out" of a leathal SCARS move, as they are designed to kill.
    ...and how exactly did you come by this faulty line of reasoning?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123