Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/08/2009 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    evolveacademy.com

Hello! When comparing the local schools, it's important to keep in mind that the statistics can be misleading. In fact, Evolve Academy! still runs the largest program in the area with three black belt instructors, headed up by second degree black belt Mike Moses who remains and active competitor on the international scene. In addition, we have three high ranking brown belts. While some local schools have a part time instructor that is only around a couple times a week, if that, you will find Mike Moses on the floor every day! The curriculum based learning and high level instruction makes Evolve Academy the place to be to further your jiujitsu training. Before making a decision, come in and try our free trial program. This can't miss opportunity can be taken advantage of before or after attending Jeff Gordon's, so why wait? Walk in today!

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 12:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Evolve

This is some funny ****.

"Hello! When comparing the local schools, it's important to keep in mind that the statistics can be misleading. In fact, Evolve Academy! still runs the largest program in the area with three black belt instructors, headed up by second degree black belt Mike Moses who remains and active competitor on the international scene. In addition, we have three high ranking brown belts. While some local schools have a part time instructor that is only around a couple times a week, if that, you will find Mike Moses on the floor every day! The curriculum based learning and high level instruction makes Evolve Academy the place to be to further your jiujitsu training. Before making a decision, come in and try our free trial program. This can't miss opportunity can be taken advantage of before or after attending Jeff Gordon's, so why wait? Walk in today!"

I decided to check this website out after reading the post above. I read that Mike Moses has 5 black belts, one of them must be in comedy because that is the funniest **** I've seen in a while. Are you seriously trying to say that the level of instruction from Evolve can come anywhere near the training you get from Pedro Sauer? You can spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week training with Mike Moses and not get a tenth of the benefit you get from training with Pedro Sauer twice a week. I mean come on, are you on crack? Here is where Professor comes from.

On May 17, 2005, he was named "Best of the Best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor" in a worldwide internet poll conducted by the Abu Dhabi Combat Club

"Pedro Earned his Black Belt from Helio and Rickson in 1985. Long recognized for the superior technical efficiency of his jiu-jitsu, he then began his career as an instructor in 1986 when asked to teach with an organization known in Brazil as Corpo/Quatro (Body of Four) where he taught and continued his training under renowned jiu-jitsu instructors Alvaro Barreto (who is a red belt master under Helio Gracie).

After moving to Utah in December of 1990, he taught as one of only two non-Gracie black belts under the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy (run by Rorion and Royce Gracie). In October of 1996, he became an official representative Black Belt Instructor under the Rickson Gracie American Jiu-Jitsu Association. "

Prof. Sauer has Black Belt students such as Ricky Lundell (FILA World World Grappling Champ), Jeff Curran (Former UFC and current WEC fighter as well as head of Team Curran), Greg Nelson (Owner and Head Instructor of Minnesota Martial Arts Academy + coach to Sean Sherk, Brock Larson, Kaitlin Young, Nick Thomson, and Brock Lesner to name a few), "Ravishing Red" Eric Schaffer (Ufc fighter)

I've heard that Evolve has lost 4 brown belts in the past few months to the other area schools. I've only been doing Bjj for the past 2 years so maybe I don't know, but I seems to me that its a bad sign when you have more of your own upper level belts training at other area schools than your own?

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 1:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your response. There is really only one way to judge the level of instruction and ability at any given school and thats to come in and see for yourself. We offer two free classes to prospective students for that purpose exactly.

In regards to the claim that four brown belts left our academy, that is simply not the case. It is not our policy to delve into rumors concerning current or former students, so you'll have to get your gossip elsewhere.

Here at Evolve Academy we don't believe in resting on our laurels or putting down the accomplishments of other local schools. Instead we focus on running a quality program headed up by top notch instructors. Anyone that competes locally in MMA, muay thai or BJJ/submission grappling is well aware that Evolve Academy runs one of the strongest programs in the area. Don't take my word for it though. Instead, come check us out at www.evolveacademy.com and schedule your free trial today!

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple math

Pedro Sauer+2 > Evolve+7

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 3:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey since my last post I have been hired to work at Jeff Gordon MMA. I have refrained from commenting due to this but just wanted to remind any of our students on this forum that we do not tolerate any one badmouthing other schools.While we certianly believe that we offer the best training available in the area, I'm sure other's have the same confidence in their own programs. We would like to encourage anyone interested in training to please check out all schools and options available to you and make your own informed decision as to where and with whom they want to train.

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 4:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Evolve,

By stating that Pedro Sauer is a part-time instructor isn't that trash talk. Self-serving to say the least. Mike is on the floor more often than Prof. Sauer , Didn't Prof Sauer give Mike Moses his black belt. I would assume that they are friends still. And that Mike's Moses school would respect Prof Sauer or any of his business partners. Well you should look at your own school because trash talk is something that doesn't occur at Jgmma. We host world class instrutors. Pedro Sauer, 7th degree Rickson Gracie black belt, Maurice Allan, 7th degree judo black belt, Olympic wrestler and World Sombo champion, Robert Crawford, coach of many Prof. boxers and coach of William Joppy super middle weight champion IBF. Aaron Riley w/ over 40 prof MMA fights UFC, Pride and Bodog. and Otis Berry, One of 40 Krav Maga US black belts. So attacking the owner is weak.

Posted On:
    4/11/2009 5:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Evolve,

By stating that Pedro Sauer is a part-time instructor...isn't that trash talk? Self-serving to say the least. Mike is on the floor more often than Prof. Sauer? Didn't Prof Sauer give Mike Moses his black belt? I would assume that they are friends still, and that Mike Moses' school would respect Prof Sauer or any of his business partners. Well, you should look at your own school because trash talk is something that doesn't occur at Jgmma. They host world-class instructors. You actually think that these instructors would accept this type of behavior with their reputation on the line? I highly doubt it. Pedro Sauer, 7th degree Rickson Gracie black belt; Maurice Allan, 7th degree judo black belt; Olympian wrestler and World Sombo champion, Robert Crawford, coach of many professional boxers and coach of William Joppy super middle weight champion IBF; Aaron Riley w/ over 40 prof MMA fights UFC, Pride and Bodog.; and Otis Berry, one of 40 Krav Maga US black belts...these are world-class instructor and professionals, so attacking the owner is weak. to say the least.

Posted On:
    4/14/2009 10:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, BJJKid; you sound like a prick. I highly doubt Jeff Gordon wants you spouting off about things you know nothing about. And yes, before you question me; I have been doing combative arts a lot longer than you. You should just shut up.
    I am looking for a more unbiased review. It seems some people want to stick up for their school (which is fine) while others want to bash it due to a few bad experiences.
    JG's has an all-star cast of instructors, there is no doubt about that. The addition of the new wrestler/judo/sambo guy has seriously peaked my interest. I would love to learn some of that. I have never trained at Jeff Gordon's but I would love to some time.

Another thing BjjKid - Mike Moses is a very accomplished grappler and from what I have seen a really good MT person - he is very credentialed and to question him makes a fool of you. Additionally, they are an affiliate with LIMA and that speaks volumes to me at least.
    I could care less about a sales pitch, I can't blame any school for wanting to make money (unless that pitch is unbelievable). While I imagine just about any good BJJ school cost some coin, I am sure it's not crazy.
    I would like to know if these great teachers at JG's have the time to spend with people to ensure that they are learning their respective arts. Also, I am very interested in getting into more stand up. I don't mind sparring but I really don't want to go 100% contact. Maybe 70% contact at the most. Is JG the type of place where they just make you go all out like that?
    Just looking for some good reviews and thank you.

Posted On:
    4/15/2009 12:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is Hillarious. This is not Soap Opera I train Bjj This is not about wich school is Better, You will find that both schools Have a place for each individual and personality. please stop the Gossip.
    Jeff Gordon allways says we dont talk bad about other schools, so please for the guys that train, do not only improove the way you practice an art also improove the way you conduct yourselves in any aspect of your lifes.
    This conflict ends here any coment after this will be considered as conflictive and inmature.

Posted On:
    4/20/2009 2:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gave the school a good review. Its obvious MrBjj is Jeff. Jeff you can't tell me not to comment. You don't run the web only your school.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast