Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 1:46pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

working 10hrs a day vs. evening training

I've recently started a new job (trainee journalist) which is good but its long days. I'm up at 6.45, start at 8am, finish at 6pm, then go to train at 6.30 - 8.00 (Thai, Mon,Tu,Wed, BJJ Thurs).

get home about 9/9.30, food, sleep. i'm feeling run down as **** at the moment, i think my body needs to adjust, plus the winter blues dont help. anyone else in a similar boat?

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a similar issue. I'm in the army so I'm off to work at 6 am and get done around 5:30 pm. I come home change and head to BJJ to train for two hours. I get home around 8:30pm and eat dinner and then walk the dog. Its a suck ass schedule but I try to make it work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 2:38pm

Style: GoJu-Ryu (karate) BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep.

Get up at 7:40. Enter at 9 am. Work as a trainee. Leave at 6 pm. (yeh right, more like 6:30 to 7pm).
    Then 2 time's a week i go 7:30 pm to 9 pm in stand up.
    Other 2 times a week i go 9 pm to 10:30 in Bjj.
    Last day of the weak i use to run. But night time cold runs are not fun, so i changed them to saturday.
    Do i feel tired ? You bet. Since i hate my job. But during the training its pure bliss.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 2:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a pretty hefty schedule, if you start feeling like you're going to get ill then drop the Tuesday MT lesson until you feel up to it again. I have the same problem in my industry, especially with sleep, but if you're getting enough of that then train all you can.

It's a matter of discipline and getting into a routine, so only you know whether it's too much for you. Trust what your body's telling you, but don't make excuses to be lazy.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 10:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Undeclared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm about to start a schedule with similar hours next month: school from 8am to 2:30pm... an hour or so off... then work until 8pm. Rough! And unfortunately, that doesn't even include any MA training :( It's ok though, I learn my MA from the internets. It's all theory anyway, right? :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 11:45am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get up at 7:10
    Train by 7:40
    Start work by 8:20
    Leave work 6:30
    BJJ from 7:45-9pm

It took some getting used to, but it's alright now. My gym is near my office, so it's not like I'd be going home in between.

The most important thing for me to do is eat a sandwich around 5 or 5:30. If I have that sandwich in me, I'll feel fine during jiu-jitsu. That sandwich really makes or breaks my evening.

In terms of free time, I'd be doing jiu-jitsu anyway, so it's not a big deal for me. In terms of seeing my friends, I still manage to get out somewhere once or twice a week. And there's always weekends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 4:11pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing!
    The most important thing for me to do is eat a sandwich
    deep fill ftw bjj win!