Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 11:55am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UK Birmingham Throwdown 2

Like last August, Id suggest Stevie Bs Gym in Birmingham as the venue seemed fine when we first used it, in terms of cost, location, facilities etc. Id be planning to get it booked from 14:30 to 18:00 again on a Saturday, which cost 50 total last time (I assume the price wont have changed from when crowey booked it). It's a short walk from the train station (gym is the red blob on that map).

That location should also be easily reachable from most parts of the UK, as Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham New Street are not too distant from Acocks Green, the station youd need for Stevie Bs (on the Moor St line). There is also Birmingham International Airport, which offers cheap returns from Scotland along with various other countries the airport also has its own train station, Birmingham International, a few minutes journey from Birmingham New Street. From London Marylebone, you can get up to Birmingham Moor Street and back for 15, or 9.90 with a young persons railcard. The ticket is called Just 15, and has time restrictions travel outwards from London between 11:00 15:00 and after 19:05, coming back any time after 10:50.

As to dates, Ill put forward 26th May, 2nd June, 9th June and 16th June (all Saturdays).

So, who's up for it?

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:01pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm up for it naturally, unless a cheap holiday comes up.
    This is some high-end organisation my boy. All we need to to is agree a date, and maybe PM all the brits a couple of weeks before, and this thread is done.
    Unless anyone wants to ****-talk awhile, I'm always game.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:03pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do realise we're planning the one in Grimsby for March to May sometime and the Central European one from July to September?
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah - I was assuming the Grimsby one would be in Spring. Either way, as long as it's not on the same date, means that people who might not want to travel up to Grimsby or off to Slovakia can still make a throwdown.

Preferably, everyone would go to all three. :icon_bigg

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just saying, so when we all come out with reasons not to be there you know why.
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:28pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscariot
    I'm just saying, so when we all come out with reasons not to be there you know why.
    You mean excuses like "boo-hoo I'm injad blubber blubber!!!" Zat what ya mean?

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningDog
    You mean excuses like "boo-hoo I'm injad blubber blubber!!!" Zat what ya mean?
    Bitch! :cussing: :new_silly

I need to change my style field, I think the injury's healed, but student finances mean I can't afford to train anywhere decent (and I have a respected Muay Thai Camp and a BJJ BB in my area).

I wouldn't have been able to make the recent TD anyway, am smothered with deadlines at the moment.

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last one went well, I'd def be up 4 this as its a bit close, dose some want me to trawl though the old tread & get all address & Holiday Inn info again?
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 4:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Last one went well, I'd def be up 4 this as its a bit close, dose some want me to trawl though the old tread & get all address & Holiday Inn info again?
    Probably a good idea, although the main thing we need first is for everyone to agree on a date. I'm suggesting those June dates (I would say June 23rd too, as thats the penultimate week, but I've got a friend's wedding to go to) as I'm hoping most of the students at Warwick will have finished their exams by June 16th, and therefore the martial arts inclined ones might be more tempted than usual to make the short trip over to Brum for some rolling. However, that may well not work, so I'm open to other suggestions. Ideally I would have said 10th and 17th of March, as thats the last two weeks of the second term, but it would be a little close to the Grimsby TD.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 4:27am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm always up for a Throwdown. It helps with Slidey being anal when it comes to organisation because I tend to leave everything until the day before. Now I've got a P.A. it makes things a lot easier :)
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 1 of 22 1 234511 ... LastLast