Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 8:58am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urso
    Kill myself? Did you not read the post? I said to add to is stand up. Aikido was added for a well rounded game. Do you not thing Aikido has throws? I only wrestled 4 years, 3yrs highschool and 1 yr freestyle. I may not have the college level of wrestling but it did help when I added BJJ. You need to calm down with the killing quotes. I was trying to give the guy some options as a Peace officer. There are many small joint lock in Aikido that are not allowed in BJJ or MMA. Think before you speak.

" a man is judged by his words and actions"
    Apparently these must take years to be shown, because nothing I've learned in aikido is illegal in bjj competition. The difference in my judo, aikido, and bjj training is simply that I can actually use judo and bjj where aikido usually gets me submitted.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 9:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetiger
    Im goin into college to study law enforcement, Im taking a four month course and from then on, Im going to the police academy.
    I thought that it might be important to learn some take downs locks and throws cus Goju doesnt have alot of those.
    so I buy a DVD in the special interests section at videoliquidators, (an instructional DVD on takedowns and grappling counters)
    I watch about 4 minutes of the DVD and I throw it away, (video liquidators has a no refund policy)
    these takedowns in the video might work on some hollywood movie or somethiing choreographed, but these wont work in a real confrontation (for instance)

take down number 3, all the guy did was grab the attacker by the wrist and tap him on the knee with his foot, and he goes flying through the air doing a complete flip and landing on his back

I really dont see how these throws would work in a real confrontation
    Im beggining to wonder if Im just looking at it the wrong way, maybe it was hard and the guy was so good he just made it look easy
    but Im still pretty sure the DVD is crappy

Im thinking of just going to the BJJ school across town now

note to self: dont rely on choreography in a life or death situation, the attacker might not want to play along

you sure it wasn't this http://judoinfo.com/images/animation...hizaguruma.htm

It sounds like hiza guruma.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    12/11/2006 9:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urso
    Kill myself?

Yes kill yourself. Like this :seppuku: I am going to rape your mom to added effect.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123