12/07/2006 3:23pm, #1
SouthEast Asian Grappling Games 2007Welcome to the
SouthEast Asian Grappling Games 2007The next installment of the tournament is planned for March 2007The First Grappling Games in Bangkok in November 2005 was a great success. Right now preparation is in progress for the 2nd SouthEast Asian Grappling Games which is to take place March 2007 in Bangkok ThailandThe grappling arts in general and the sports of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling in particular are gaining huge popularity in the world. With more athletes, larger fan base, bigger sponsorships the BJJ and Grappling tournaments are growing in number all over the Asia and the world to become the major sport in the near future!The 2nd SouthEast Asian Grappling Games 2007 (SEAGG) in Bangkok again brings the BJJ and Submission Grappling action to the Kingdom of Thailand !The SEA Grappling Games in Bangkok are open for all Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners, submission grapplers, wrestlers, Judo players and teams not just from South East Asia alone! We also welcome all international athletes to compete in the SEGG and to help promoting the grappling arts in the region!The 2nd SEA Grappling Games 2007 in Bangkok will be the two days event.
That's two days of grappling action in Bangkok !Venue and dates are to be confirmedAll levels are welcome! A number of categories will be at stake, from white to brown belts in the BJJ tournament and from novice (one year of training or less) to advanced (more than a year of training) in the Submission Grappling tournament. Please see the weight and belts divisions hereAccommodation and travel arrangements in Bangkok
- Day 1: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament (Gi/kimono and under CBJJ rules )
- Day 2 : Submission Grappling tournament ( NoGi and under modified ADCC rules)
Our travel partner and the Bangkok Fight Club will be offerring the exclusive accommodation deal for the participants of the SEA Grappling Games in Thailand ! Besides the incredibly low rates for the Bangkok 's hotels competitors will be offered a FREE Bangkok City Tour, visit to the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple ! The special packages will be offered to the visiting athletes.
There also will be the cool private post tournament party with models and exotic dancers! We train hard and we party even harder here in Bangkok !The enrollment fee for competitors is USD30 for each one of the tournaments or USD50 for the athletes competing in both BJJ and Submission Grappling tournaments (both Day 1 and day 2). The enrollment fee is to be paid at the weigh-ins.
We hope to see you all here in Bangkok !Please contact us at: email@example.com
12/07/2006 3:24pm, #2SouthEast Asian Grappling Games 2007 Bangkok ThailandMarch 2007The SEAGG Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ Gi/Kimono)BELTS CLASSES and TIME LIMITSWHITE BELTS 5 minutes limitBLUE BELTS 6 minutes time limitPURPLE BELTS 7 minutes limitBROWN BELTS 8 minutes limitBLACK BELTS 10 minutes limitThe Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Gi/kimono) tournament's points scoring systemPass Guard to Side Position = 3 points
Mount Position = 4 points
Rear Mount Position (with both hooks in) = 4 points
Sweep from the Guard = 2 points
Knee on Stomach Position = 2 points
Takedown = 2 points*Position must be held for minimum of 3 secondsWHITE BELTS COMPETITORS: No attacks below the waist (No Knee bars, foot locks, etc.)BLUE BELTS COMPETITORS : Only Straight Ankle locks are allowed.Twisting Ankle or Twisting Leg Locks are NOT allowedPURPLE BELT & ABOVE: Straight Knee Bars, Straight Ankle Locks & Toe Holds (Figure four) are allowedThe SEAGG Submission GrapplingCLASSES and TIME LIMITS
The SEAGG Submission Grappling Tournament's points scoring system• Mount position = 4 points
- Novice (1 year or less of training) 5 minutes TIME LIMIT
- Advance (more then 1 year of training) 6 minutes TIME LIMIT
• Back mount with hooks in = 4 points
• Passing guard = 3 points
• Knee on stomach = 2 points
• Clean sweeps = 2 points
• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points
• Takedown (ends guard or half guard) = 2 pointsLegal Techniques :
Illegal Techniques :
- Any kind of chokes (except for using the hand to close the wind pipe).
- Any arm bar, shoulder lock, or wrist lock
- Leg locks: Only straight Ankle Lock is allowed in NOVICE division
- Straight Knee Bars, Straight Ankle Locks & Toe Holds (Figure four) are allowed in the ADVANCE division
- No neck cranks allowed
- No heel hooks allowed
- No striking of any kind
- No eye gouging or fish hooking
- No grabbing the ears
- No hair pulling
- No finger or toe holds
- No hands, knees or elbows on face
- No slippery substances allowed on body or clothing
- No use of T-Shirt and no holding the shorts allowed
Ways to win
- When a fighter voluntarily jumps in the guard or goes from standing position to a non-standing position by any means and remains down for 3 seconds or more, he will be punished by a minus point.
- When a fighter disengages from contact and starts backing up and avoids to engage again he will be punished by minus point.
- A passive fighter will be warned twice and then will be punished by minus point. The referee will warn the passive player by " WARNING: PASSIVITY "
Weight Classes for both BJJ and Sub Grappling tournaments
- Referee Decision (disqualification)
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under 65.99 Kg
- Under 72.99 Kg
- Under 82.99 Kg
- Under 92.99 Kg
- 93 Kg and over
- Absolute Class
12/07/2006 3:31pm, #3
the lowest weight class is 145lbs? and this is in thailand?
12/07/2006 3:35pm, #4
I just got the news earlier today and want to invite everyone from the forum to this event. The grappling and fighting community in Thailand is very greatful to have this event and it comes with much hard work by Alex and the guys at Bangkok Fight Club.
To awnser a simple question, Yes I will be entered in this event.