Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nhai Khanom dtom poslibly the greatest martial artest ever

I have been doing some reading lately on Muay thai, and I have learned alot about a particular warrior who lived during the war between Burma and Siam.
    His name was Nai Khanom dtom, captured by the Burmese, he was forced to fight in a an arena with the king watching over him, he had heard of Nai and wanted to test the Siamese boxing skills.
    Right before the match began, Nai started performing a special ceremonial dance called the wai kru, which distracted the burmese boxer.
    The match had started and Nai rushed from his corner, easily pumeling the burmese boxer to death.
    The king thought that his dance distracted the boxer and foced nai to fight 10 other burmese boxers.
    One after another, nai pummeld his enemies, the fights lasted from dusk to dawn.
    The king of burma was so impressed that he gave nai a reward (two beautiful burmese wives)
    and sent him back home.
    Im sure alot of you have already heard the legend though.

My sources for this were wikipedia.com/muaythai
    "Martial arts champions" A book I found during my weekly scavange through boarders book store.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:23am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we have this legend in new zealand about how the south island was mauis boat, and the north island a great stingray that he fished up using a magic hook. his brothers though were jealous of mauis fish so they cut great chunks out of it and deformed its perfect flesh, creating the mountain ranges and valleys.

i read it in a book once so it must be true. plus the north island really does look like a stingray, if you squint your eyes and tilt your head a bit. in fact i live right about where its anus would have been, cool huh?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    we have this legend in new zealand about how the south island was mauis boat, and the north island a great stingray that he fished up using a magic hook. his brothers though were jealous of mauis fish so they cut great chunks out of it and deformed its perfect flesh, creating the mountain ranges and valleys.

i read it in a book once so it must be true. plus the north island really does look like a stingray, if you squint your eyes and tilt your head a bit. in fact i live right about where its anus would have been, cool huh?
    I did not say that this was true, I never said it was fact, I called it a legend for a reason
    but I would like to know howmany people know of this legend, and how many people believe it.
    I have been obsessed with this story for a while now, even if this story is exagerated or even a bold faced lie, it still is very inspiring to me
    Last edited by Whitetiger; 12/07/2006 5:39am at .

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been obsessed with this story for a while now, even if this story is exagerated or even a bold faced lie, it still is very inspiring to me
    such is faith.

such is wikipedia, too.

Pingo

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 3:47pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    such is faith.

such is wikipedia, too.
    God, how I hate the flaming **** of the earth that is Wikipedia.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 3:51pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetiger
    I did not say that this was true, I never said it was fact, I called it a legend for a reason
    but I would like to know howmany people know of this legend, and how many people believe it.
    Martial Arts History Project, not Oh, Some Story That I Found Inspiring, But Is Probably Not True Project.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 3:53pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read the top of the forum, realise you have posted in error, have a wash and go out and meet a real woman, have some kids and settle down. Clearly forums are not your forte

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    id only give you a 4/10 for that burn hannibal, it was like you wanted to say more but were hesitant. you must embrace the ways of bullshido and cast down stupidity into a fiery chasm of hate and swearnouns, such as cumfuck and cloistershit. or just tell stupid nonsensical stories like i do.

as for wikipedia, it is probably the worst possible resource when it comes to martial arts. it says that wing chun is deadly. huh.

Pingo

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:07pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    id only give you a 4/10 for that burn hannibal, it was like you wanted to say more but were hesitant. you must embrace the ways of bullshido and cast down stupidity into a fiery chasm of hate and swearnouns, such as cumfuck and cloistershit. or just tell stupid nonsensical stories like i do.

as for wikipedia, it is probably the worst possible resource when it comes to martial arts. it says that wing chun is deadly. huh.
    Wikipedia is generally a collective pile of **** due to many administrative and precedural policies that screw the project over. Objective truth cannot be found through general consensus of a population.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm going to resist the obvious sarcastic responses and ask you why this story appeals to you so much?

Why this legend? What makes it better than say, Mas Oyama killing bulls with his bare hands (exagerrated but some truth)? Or anything about Miyomoto Mushashi? Pei Mei? Rorion Gracie's 400-0 record?

Is this just because it's a Muay Thai guy? Or is it something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast