Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 11:08pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the help and the comedy.

As stated, it's probably an overuse injury due to my own stupidy. I'd just bear it and work through the pain but I earn my living as an IT dude so I need them in fairly good shape. I will go see a doctor if the pain does not subside after taking a break from the bag work.

Anybody have any recomendations (like hot and/or cold treatments) to help the healing along?

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 10:34am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I probably had a similar thing going when I started too. I fixed it by warming up my wrist muscles with one of those grip strengtheners before I worked out. they also have these for finger strength, etc.

I would suggest doing more mit training anyway, a good partner can really work you out just as good as with the heavy bag plus you get more active practice with bobbing and weaving, etc..

as for treatments, I know its kind of gross but you could use this it works great:
    1 lb. chicken livers
    1 onion chopped
    3/4 cup butter
    2 tsp. mustard powder
    1 tsp. dried mixed herbs
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. freshly ground peppers

just smear it on the afflicted area and wait for and hour or two. rinse and repeat. or you could just ice it and maybe use tiger balm/wood lock oil if the above is not your thing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    Thanks for the help and the comedy.

As stated, it's probably an overuse injury due to my own stupidy. I'd just bear it and work through the pain but I earn my living as an IT dude so I need them in fairly good shape. I will go see a doctor if the pain does not subside after taking a break from the bag work.

Anybody have any recomendations (like hot and/or cold treatments) to help the healing along?
    I use Dit Jow and it works really well. If you can't get any try tiger balm. I'm not sure if tiger balm helps the healing, but it makes the aches go away. People have told me all it does is mask the pain..
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 2:11pm

Style: TKD/MT/Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will need to have someone rub your hands in a massaging motion while they apply the Tiger Balm, the friction from your hands will help it to heat.

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 2:23pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    I use Dit Jow and it works really well. If you can't get any try tiger balm. I'm not sure if tiger balm helps the healing, but it makes the aches go away. People have told me all it does is mask the pain..

More info on this Dit Jow.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For any kind of healing of trauma go to your local health food store and get some arnica. There's a topical gel, which is okay, but the really good **** is the pills which you put under your toungue till they disolve (don't worry tastes like sugar) buy a few vials and dose three times a day or more with about six or eight pills each time, you can't overdo it it won't hurt you and they're pretty cheap. The arnica will help your body heal quicker. I don't know why, it just does. You can combine it with any of the other things mentioned here. I've used this for sprains, bruises etc. It works.

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 2:37am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know crack works like that too, I don't know why but it does.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's true....

But there's these side effects. You know, like, smoking pole in an alley to get more of it. Then we're gonna get these posts about how his knees hurt and he'll be asking us what kind of knee pads are best for the str33t.

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 1:00pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read a study online that said that smoking pole in a back alley for $50 releases endorphins and causes a euphoric feeling.

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 1:51pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, it could be the onset of arthritis- just because you want to hit the heavy bag, doesn't mean you should. But hey, keep pounding away- you probably don't need your hands for anything important, right? From a guy with aching joints.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast