Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a dull ache roughly in line with the bottom three fingers on the back of your hand, the pain of which slighty affects the strength of your pinching grip, right?

If this is so, the problem is plain and simple:

- You fist is not held tight.
    - Your volume and intensity of training is too high for your level of conditioning.

Essentially, your stupidity fucked you. The solution is to stop being stupid with ballistic training. While certainly not uncommon, 2 minutes x 10 rounds is still a lot of heavy bag work. There are pros who don't work the bag half as much. There is other equipment and other ways to train which will give you benefit. Breaking up your routine will help conserve your hands. I suggest you get smarter and try it - at least until your hands stop bothering you so much.

But yes, see a doctor and get an X-ray to make sure your stupidity didn't end up breaking anything.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 11:40am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    Iíve noticed lately that after I work on the heavy bag (10 x 2 minute rounds) I have pain in the back of my hands. I wrap my hand and wear bag gloves when I work out.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Try using 16 to 20 Oz boxing gloves, they help your hands and your speed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My brother had the same problem for a while, he uses bag gloves too. I personally prefer heavier gloves for heavy bag training (14 or 16 oz) because it helps a lot with speed and keeping your hands up. Using bigger gloves will also be a lot more protection for your hands.

If it's not the gloves then maybe you are wrapping up incorrectly? or throwing your punches incorrectly?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 2:34pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems counterintuitive but your wraps may be too tight. Tight wraps always make the bones in my hands hurt ust behind my knuckles I think its because they need to flex just a little to absorb shock. Obviously I don't mean the bones flex. I mean the hand has to expand a little.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 4:59pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey whiteshark, do you think you can make it out sunday?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 5:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you have hand cancer. as my professional opinion i.e. some random person off the internet, this is my conclusion. can i have your **** when you die?
    Posts like these are why I could never quit Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:22pm

Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your hands are just sore and you have full range of motion without any sharp pains, I would say nothing is broken. It is very likely that you have bruised or torn any of the 10 gagillion muscles in the hand and I would first look for discoloration of the skin to indicate that.

If you want to know what a doctor would do if you saw him, he would take your hand and follow each of the bones and press somewhat hard at regular intervals, looking for a sharp pain response from you. If you can pass that test (anyone can do it, it's honestly a waste to go to the doctor unless you need more than a cursory exam) with no sharp pain, then your hand is fully intact.

Before you all attack, yes my dad is a practicing physician and yes he's done this several times on me to check for broken whatever following various acts of violence and or stupidity.

If you have someone trace the bones and do feel sharp pain at certain spots, GO TO THE DOCTOR. You need an X-ray to determine if your hand is actually broken, or if you have just bruised the bone.

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 8:15pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw4th
    Iíve noticed lately that after I work on the heavy bag (10 x 2 minute rounds) I have pain in the back of my hands. I wrap my hand and wear bag gloves when I work out.

Any help would be appreciated.
    dont be such a puss?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 8:40pm

Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelton
    dont be such a puss?
    Seriously? Injuring yourself while training is no joke man, if you think you may be injured or on a path to injury, do something to correct it immediately.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got over a hand injury myself. I blocked a kick with a closed fist (bareknuckle) when I should have used my leg and felt a sharp pain immediately shoot up past my wrist. I never went to the doctor to get it checked but I am sure it was a crack/fracture at the very least.
    It took about two months to fully heal.
    Don't be stupid and keep banging your hands. Let them heal. If your hands aren't conditioned you should soak them after you are finished your bag work.
    Also, you don't need to do 20 minutes of bag work like that. Especially if your hands aren't conditioned.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast