Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:42pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    It's better to be hydrated than not, and you should be coughing that **** up instead of swallowing it.

Flat soda is still soda. It doesn't change the hideous nutritional value or what the contents do to your esophagus and intestinal lining.
    What exactly does it to to your esophagus and intestinal lining?

And I try not to swallow it, but eventually my throat hurts so much that I eventually have to.

I've never tried water for some reason (swear to god), from the time I was a little kid when I've been extremely sick but I think thats because of my mom's dumb wives' tales, but gatorade and anything other than flat coke/coke syrup make me vomit, even other sodas make me throw up too.
    Last edited by MM4Guy; 12/07/2006 6:46pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 11:57pm

Style: Sub. grappling/kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the first sign of sickness, get those Cold-Eease zinc drops, and suck on them. They totally work. My friend and I were both coming down with something this week, so I used them, but my friend didn't. I've been healthy all week, meanwhile my friend has been all congested and disgusting. Admittedly, the zinc makes my throat feel a little scratchier than normal sometimes (they are not like ordinary cough drops that are designed to soothe) but I've averted three colds this year already just by using them. I try to keep a stockpile around the house, just so I can pop them that first day I wake up feeling not-so-hot, but I've found they also reduce my suffering if I'm already sick and I start using them. Anyway, I realize this doesn't directly answer your question, but hopefully if you can pro-actively head your sickness off before it gets a good hold on you, you won't have to deal with the nasty mucus-stage that messes up your weight. Good luck.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 9:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    It's better to be hydrated than not, and you should be coughing that **** up instead of swallowing it.

Flat soda is still soda. It doesn't change the hideous nutritional value or what the contents do to your esophagus and intestinal lining.

Well, its called DRAINAGE...its the part that runs down the back of your throat NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO....

I dont think a few ounces of flat coke will cause any permanent damage. I also wasnt suggecting that he drink it for the nutritional value, just something to settle his stomach. As far as what it does to your esophogus and stomach lining...thats the SODA part.....the carbonation does that....again.....thats why I said.....FLAT.

oh and if I keep throwing up then how is drinking water going to hydrate me? I keep throwing it up remember? Thats how you get dehydrated when you have the pukes....you cant keep anything down....

sheesh...THINK about what you say before you post.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MM4Guy

I've never tried water for some reason (swear to god), from the time I was a little kid when I've been extremely sick but I think thats because of my mom's dumb wives' tales, but gatorade and anything other than flat coke/coke syrup make me vomit, even other sodas make me throw up too.
    Same place I learned it.....my mom made me drink it when I was younger and it helped.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12