218269 Bullies, 7753 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 77
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Points
    14,299
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    My complete ownage of Crack Mcwhatever

    So I am having a fun time with Cracky and I thought I would like to share it with his legions of fans.

    The debate is taking place in the BJJ vs Wrestling for takedown thread.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48625

    The argument starts here after I make this highly controversial statement in post #5 #

    Where I say
    Look up CSW - Combat Submission Wrestling -if you want a good mix
    By this I mean a good mix of BJJ and wrestling

    Cracky chimes in wisely here at post #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Combat Submission Wrestling is watered down BJJ combined with watered down Wrestling and some watered down Judo, IMO.

    If you want to be a good grappler, you should do BJJ for submissions, free/folkstyle wrestling for shoots/sprawls, and Judo for throws.
    Which I respond to in post #18

    Now you're talking out of your ass.

    First of all CSW isn't just about grappling. It's about submission grappling with strikes. Basically MMA. And it addresses things that neither BJJ nor Judo even touch on.
    Anyways at some point Shuma jumps in and accuses me of saying that BJJ doesn’t deal with striking and takedowns to which I basically respons sure it does but CSW does better as it spends a lot more time on that.

    Whatever

    Cracky’s post #36

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Erik Paulson is what belt in BJJ?
    Cracky’s about to serve … me…oh.boy…he’s really about to make a telling point.

    My response

    OH NOSE!!!!!!!!

    Of course he quickly realizes the big flaw and responds # 41

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    He got his black in August of this year. He's been teaching CSW for years, so that means he's been teaching grappling at a less than stellar level during that time.

    LOL@me being owned. Stop nut riding.
    My response in #43

    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Yes because a 2 X shooto champion probably knew nothing about grappling for MMA.

    ONCE AGAIN CSW is NOT a pure grappling martial art like BJJ or catch wrestling or whatever.

    How many world champions have there been who haven't been BJJ black belts?
    Now here I kick myself for missing the fact the Paulson actually started training in LA in Rorions’s garage in 1988 and not only has been doing BJJ for 18 years but was one of the pioneers in using it in MMA / shooto matches.

    Anyways I fooked up here so onwards we go, argue some points back and forth until I say this post #47

    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    No actually this thread is about TAKEDOWNS BJJ VS wrestling.

    CSW has better takedowns than BJJ.

    WHY? Because CSW uses striking to set up the takedowns in it's techniques and training.

    I.E you train and practice in an alive manner with 16 ounce gloves to overwhelm someone with a combo to set up either the double or single leg.

    When do you ever do that in a typical BJJ class? Or even wrestling?

    Saying it's watered down is completely missing the point
    This concept of setting up a takedown (MMA 101) with striking is so alien to Cracky’s amazing MA experience he jumps all over me with this lovely rebuttal in post #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Better takedowns through striking? What? Troll? Shut the **** up. Shuma already owned you on your false dichotomies...
    Here I respond in post #50

    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    You're right no one sets up takedowns with strikes.

    Never happens.

    Not once in any MMA match

    Not Royce faking a straight leg kick into a shoot.

    Nor Matt Hughes throwing towards the head to get people to bring their arms up so he can get his underhooks in and cross body lock.

    There's no need to ever practice that

    You really pawned me there.
    Of course Shuma jumps in and ( I paraphrase.) That I owned myself by using Royce as an example because that was pure BJJ.

    I point out in post # 53 that, I never said CSW was superior to BJJ or that BJJ didn’t use strikes to set up take downs, But that CSW focuses on it a lot more and better. And that Gracie JJ also used heel kicks from the guard and hair pulling and most BJJ places don’t train that way anyways.

    But whatever

    By the way if anyone is wondering about setting up takedowns with strikes and practicing them with 16 ounce gloves you can watch a bit of Erik’s stuff here.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtwzQO876Y

    So now we get to Cracky’s end game

    Post # 64

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Last UFC champ to do CSW? Last Pride champ? That's what I thought.
    Yikes the UFC Pride gambit what ever shall I do????????? IYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    # 64

    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Owning you is not fun anymore. It's too easy

    Last UFC Champ to do CSW --------

    Spoiler:
    Sean Sherk


    Pride I don't follow as much and he's not a champ yet but may be one day ------

    Spoiler:
    Josh Barnet
    OH NOSE!!!!!!! X 100,000,000

    Of course Cracky’s not done yet he’s going to have a dangerous rebuttal now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Sherk's wrestling...obviously not the reason he wins, it's the CSW!

    As for Barnett, you fucking queer, he has not been champion of anything since he started training with Paulson.
    I edited out the “this guy beat this guy who beat Erik” MMA math logic which is so obviously dumb I’ll ignore as this is not Sherdog.

    Re: Sherk’s Wrestling ---- 1995 called and wants you back. Time to break out your power ranger underroos. Wrestling alone hasn’t dominated on it’s own in a LOOOONG. time your argument is dumb and you know it.

    Re: Barnet; He just beat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and his only losses are to Cro Cop and Pedro Rizzo. There’s only two reasons he’s not Pride Heavy Weight Champion. Cro Cop and Fedor.

    So I guess he’s only the #3 heavy weight on the planet. You really, really got me on that one. OUCHHHH

    Anyhoo I have enjoyed pawning Cracky over and over again and hope to keep doing so as it is becoming a favourite hobby of mine. Thought I would just share.

    PS.

    CSW and BJJ go hand in hand and work brilliantly together as they focus on different things.

    PPS

    CRACKY …..HEAD….TOILET…..NOW!!!
  2. Epicurus is offline

    I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,492

    Points
    11,760
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:33pm


     Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I don't follow all this, but is seems plausible from what you wrote here that an MMA-style art would have better takedowns than pure BJJ. And to whoever said you can't improve your takedown by setting it up with strikes...

    What the **** are you smoking and can I have some?

    My takedowns are atrocious, which ironically makes me a perfect poster-boy: I can't take someone down for **** with a double or single-leg if I just throw one out (or even if I slip a punch and try one), BUT, if I throw three or four straight punches to the head, most people's hands go up and they pay attention to my punches, and start defending, which allows me to drop levels and take them down (or just get underhooks) without getting sprawled into next week. So I'd say that if you accept my case generalizes to other people's MMA as well, you can "improve" your takedown by using some strikes.

    Bas Rutten, people.
  3. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Points
    5,748
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so, you argued with cracky and shuma, and, what? you want us to be proud?
  4. patfromlogan is offline
    patfromlogan's Avatar

    Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,831

    Points
    13,476
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    So I am having a fun time with Cracky and I thought I would like to share it with his legions of fans.

    The debate is taking place in the BJJ vs Wrestling for takedown thread.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48625

    The argument starts here after I make this highly controversial statement in post #5 #

    Where I say By this I mean a good mix of BJJ and wrestling

    Cracky chimes in wisely here at post #14



    Which I respond to in post #18



    Anyways at some point Shuma jumps in and accuses me of saying that BJJ doesn’t deal with striking and takedowns to which I basically respons sure it does but CSW does better as it spends a lot more time on that.

    Whatever

    Cracky’s post #36



    Cracky’s about to serve … me…oh.boy…he’s really about to make a telling point.

    My response



    OH NOSE!!!!!!!!

    Of course he quickly realizes the big flaw and responds # 41



    My response in #43



    Now here I kick myself for missing the fact the Paulson actually started training in LA in Rorions’s garage in 1988 and not only has been doing BJJ for 18 years but was one of the pioneers in using it in MMA / shooto matches.

    Anyways I fooked up here so onwards we go, argue some points back and forth until I say this post #47



    This concept of setting up a takedown (MMA 101) with striking is so alien to Cracky’s amazing MA experience he jumps all over me with this lovely rebuttal in post #48



    Here I respond in post #50



    Of course Shuma jumps in and ( I paraphrase.) That I owned myself by using Royce as an example because that was pure BJJ.

    I point out in post # 53 that, I never said CSW was superior to BJJ or that BJJ didn’t use strikes to set up take downs, But that CSW focuses on it a lot more and better. And that Gracie JJ also used heel kicks from the guard and hair pulling and most BJJ places don’t train that way anyways.

    But whatever

    By the way if anyone is wondering about setting up takedowns with strikes and practicing them with 16 ounce gloves you can watch a bit of Erik’s stuff here.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtwzQO876Y

    So now we get to Cracky’s end game

    Post # 64



    Yikes the UFC Pride gambit what ever shall I do????????? IYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    # 64



    OH NOSE!!!!!!! X 100,000,000

    Of course Cracky’s not done yet he’s going to have a dangerous rebuttal now.



    I edited out the “this guy beat this guy who beat Erik” MMA math logic which is so obviously dumb I’ll ignore as this is not Sherdog.

    Re: Sherk’s Wrestling ---- 1995 called and wants you back. Time to break out your power ranger underroos. Wrestling alone hasn’t dominated on it’s own in a LOOOONG. time your argument is dumb and you know it.

    Re: Barnet; He just beat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and his only losses are to Cro Cop and Pedro Rizzo. There’s only two reasons he’s not Pride Heavy Weight Champion. Cro Cop and Fedor.

    So I guess he’s only the #3 heavy weight on the planet. You really, really got me on that one. OUCHHHH

    Anyhoo I have enjoyed pawning Cracky over and over again and hope to keep doing so as it is becoming a favourite hobby of mine. Thought I would just share.

    PS.

    CSW and BJJ go hand in hand and work brilliantly together as they focus on different things.

    PPS

    CRACKY …..HEAD….TOILET…..NOW!!!
    As my sainted mother used to say, "If that is all you have to worry about, you are blessed indeed."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
  5. Plasma is online now
    Plasma's Avatar

    Heel Hook Hunter

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,985

    Points
    9,672
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:40pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    so, you argued with cracky and shuma, and, what? you want us to be proud?


    That was exactly, what I as thinking.
  6. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Points
    13,344
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ>CSW in grappling

    You can't deny it, no matter how hard you try.
  7. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Points
    14,299
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did I ever state CSW > BJJ in grappling?

    CSW is > BJJ in MMA. Because that's what it focuses on.

    BJJ > CSW in grappling because that's what it focuses on.

    if you do BJJ and want to get into MMA CSW is excellent for taking those skills and appling them for the cage or ring.

    The irony of this mini and unimportant **** fest. Is that for someone like you who apparently has a background in Japanese pro wrestling, submission wrestling and leg locks CSW is tailor made. And if you ever left your island retreat and did good CSW with a real CSW instructor you would probably become it's most annoying nut hugger
  8. porch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hfx ns ca na da
    Posts
    167

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:28pm


     Style: kb, tapping, jjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tl;dr
  9. Stick is offline
    Stick's Avatar

    Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC. USA
    Posts
    7,952

    Points
    13,307
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:28pm

    hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  10. Roidie McDouchebag is offline
    Roidie McDouchebag's Avatar

    Injury Waiting To Happen

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    9,419

    Points
    13,344
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/05/2006 11:33pm

    supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did I ever state CSW > BJJ in grappling?
    In the thread you linked to, over and over again.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.