Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:17pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    ...it is a bad idea to get into a fight. Period. With anyone.

Legal repurcussions. What if the mofo stabs you in the chest
    out of nowhere? Nothing wrong with walking away or running away.
    Yeah I totally agree. There is way to many people with knives today, and they are often the ones to start a fight. If you want to know how big your dick is, and how mad your MA skillz are, then sign up for a no holds bared competition.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonHartigan
    I freaking hate that god damn argument! "Well what if he has a lot of friends around him that will stomp on your head? Or what if he has a knife or a hand grenade? What if what if..."

If he has a lot of friends around, they will probably come and stomp on you or beat you up anyway, no matter what freaking technique or punch you use. In general it is a bad idea to get into a fight where you are outnumbered or outgunned. If people don't know when or where to use a technique or skill, then of course it can end badly.

And also the typical condescending "Have any of you ever been in a streetfight?"-argument. Just because you this one time in bandcamp fought a 5'th grader and won, doesn't make you a tough guy know it all. People that have never been in a fight might know as much or more than you do.

*edit* And that stupid guy in your story was a brilliant example on when it doesn't work. But if you change the situation and he had been alone with him it might have worked(though he probably would have gotten thrown to jail for excessive violence if he had broken his arm). Things aren't that black and white, and I admit that BJJ is probably not the best selfdefense, or offense for that matter, on the street, but it is good to know.
    I know a hell of a lot more than you do..idiot noob.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 1:20pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want to start a new thread for this and waste people's time on **** like yahoo answers but they really really need the help over there.

can some of you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help this kid out. I think he really needs it.

He says he is in an "art" that doesn't train with partners and when they do it is slow.

I feel really bad for him and he is one of the people that we might be able to help but I'm afraid that my post (you only get one) is lost among a whole crapload of junk.

Telling people to train with resistance and spar on bullshido is preaching to the chior. Telling the masses they need to do it on other websites where help is really needed is helping people.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...dIxtHsLRctZUpZ

Thank you.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 1:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ozz, you fucking bitch, one of my students broke a guy's arm with an armbar from mount in a barfight. Another kimura'ed a guy into a torn shoulder.

STFU with your "t3h gr4ppl3 do3sn't w0rk 0n t3h str33t" BULLSHIT

Is that better or worse than jacking off to Adolf Hitler posters?
    Worse. Definitely worse.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 12/06/2006 1:46pm at .

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 1:44pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ
    Yeah, unless the guy you are armbarring has a few buddies around who will stomp your head and make you pay for busting their pal's arm.
    Have any of you ever been in a streetfight?
    Yep - and probably more than you have due to the nature of my employment. Grappling has saved my botty more times than my striking has - and leaves me with less paperwork to fill in. Like you said though, time and a place
    Last edited by Hanniballistic; 12/06/2006 1:47pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Ozz, you fucking bitch, one of my students broke a guy's arm with an armbar from mount in a barfight. Another kimura'ed a guy into a torn shoulder.

STFU with your "t3h gr4ppl3 do3sn't w0rk 0n t3h str33t" BULLSHIT
    Cracky..you are a moron. I never said grappling doesn't work on the street. I said you need to choose wisely when you use it. Obviously, in some circumstances you don't want to go to the ground and open yourself up to an attack from third parties. Is that so hard for you to accept? Are you that stupid?Are you currently on any prescription medications?Check your dosage again you fucking troll.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 1:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My concern with armbars is that if you screw it up you could end up in a bad spot. If you're trying to apply that armbar from the mount and you don't pull it off then you've lost position. If you're attempting an armbar from the guard and you don't pull it off then there is potential for you to be in a pretty bad spot.

Position before submission... I would feel more comfortable going for a choke or an Americana from the mount or Kimura from the guard. If he doesn't submit you still have position. The armbar makes more sense to me as a plan B.

What are your opinions?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 2:03pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My opinion is that if you flub an armbar on some untrained doofus then you need to quit even trying to grapple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 2:14pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OZZ you have officially come on my asshole list. I FREAKING don't care if your post count says that you are not a noob, but I am. If all of your posts are retarded and aggressive like that, then I don't give a damn. Quit the fucking hillbilly redneck argumentation and the noob-calling.
    Last edited by DevonHartigan; 12/06/2006 2:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 2:16pm

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    When reading Ozz' posts, just remember, neg rep is your friend.
    Probably, however I am trying to avoid giving out neg rep. Trying...
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast