Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting--that might be the first bad thing I've heard about the P7.

ar549, please tell us more about the displacement issues suffered by semi-automatic firearms. That's a new one on me as well. Is the ammunition displaced? If so, by what?

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 1:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    '

I have friends who have owned this piece. They have all returned them. The grip safety was the major concern. One shot through his pants with it sitting in an office chair. Burned his leg and put a hole through his desk.
    I have never heard of a accident like this with the P7 firearm. It is considered one of the safest and most accurate automatic pistols of all times. The grip is not a safty but a cocker, The grip must be held tight to cock along with trigger engagement to fire.

I would like to hear a first hand account of the story and see the reaction of some who carried the weapon for years with no problem. I have no idea about your friend so Im not going to assume anything here but it could be he reached into his pocket and sqeuzed of a round, stranger things have happend. Im not a big fan of firearms in pants pockets anyway from a safty point of view.

Some of the other autos in the picture can go off easily upon dropping them, There is a well known case that happend in Little Rock where a lady dropped her purse in a cleaners and shot and killed the attendent.

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    Interesting--that might be the first bad thing I've heard about the P7.

ar549, please tell us more about the displacement issues suffered by semi-automatic firearms. That's a new one on me as well. Is the ammunition displaced? If so, by what?

Displacement was a shortcut word. When comparing a revolver to a auto the revolver already has its rounds chambered verses the auto which must have the rounds fed into its single chamber. Six revolving chambers verses one chamber which is fed multiple times by motion which is just always going to be less reliable.

The problem with ammo clips has always been ammo jiggiling around within the clip, whenever I have carried any doublestack clips I take out the loaded clip and tap it to set the ammo back inline evertime I think about it. AR 15s are notrious about being sensitive to the way the ammo lays within a clip but handguns can be the same. If you upset the ammo within a clip it might not feed correctly which is a reliability issue. Cheeper auto pistols are always a candidate for ammo feeding issues.

A revolver will always be more reliable and a auto will always offer more firepower and easier reloading. From there it just gets into scenarios of use and personal observations and choices.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 2:09pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    I have never heard of a accident like this with the P7 firearm. It is considered one of the safest and most accurate automatic pistols of all times. The grip is not a safty but a cocker, The grip must be held tight to cock along with trigger engagement to fire.

I would like to hear a first hand account of the story and see the reaction of some who carried the weapon for years with no problem. I have no idea about your friend so Im not going to assume anything here but it could be he reached into his pocket and sqeuzed of a round, stranger things have happend. Im not a big fan of firearms in pants pockets anyway from a safty point of view.

Some of the other autos in the picture can go off easily upon dropping them, There is a well known case that happend in Little Rock where a lady dropped her purse in a cleaners and shot and killed the attendent.
    It sounds one of those 1 in a million sceanarios. The seat he was sitting had an arm that snagged his pants and the grip. He didn't say what actually caused the pistol to go off, he probably has no idea. Could be change, the seat, etc...

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 2:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ar549
    The problem with ammo clips has always been ammo jiggiling around within the clip, whenever I have carried any doublestack clips I take out the loaded clip and tap it to set the ammo back inline evertime I think about it. AR 15s are notrious about being sensitive to the way the ammo lays within a clip but handguns can be the same. If you upset the ammo within a clip it might not feed correctly which is a reliability issue. Cheeper auto pistols are always a candidate for ammo feeding issues.
    LOL i remember reading about this in a damn GIjoe comic when i was 10. Cheap brass magazines from the lowest bidder tend to bulge, they said. hahaha

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a beretta bobcat, which is the .22 version of the tomcat. Very compact, fit perfectly in my front pocket with a pocket holster. Accurate for it's size too. However, I found it to be very finicky with ammo. CCI Stingers were about the only thing I could shoot through it with any reliability. CHeap ammo jams the gun every few shots. OTOH, I knew a Deputy that carried one as a back-up and loved it. Never gave him any problems.

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 2:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    It sounds one of those 1 in a million sceanarios. The seat he was sitting had an arm that snagged his pants and the grip. He didn't say what actually caused the pistol to go off, he probably has no idea. Could be change, the seat, etc...

Sounds like a weird deal but stranger things have happend, I admit I have a fasination with the P7 series of weapons so Im more interested in the story from that angle than to go negative.

I had a Winchester 30-30 fire with the breach open which knocked the hell out of my hand and worse caused me to miss a ferral cat that I was trying to kill, I had already shot two and it would have made three withen a few seconds. Nobody wanted to believe that accidental discharge story but now I wouldnt have one of the things and they were a favorite brush gun of mine for years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 6:26pm

Style: MCMAP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, my mother has a P32 she is quite enamored with (my father as well though he has a PPK)

Got an uncle who just this thanksgiving had a P7 with him. I had never seen one until then. Cant take his word for it though, he's a security consultant and if his equipment and clothing is any indication, an HK one at that...

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 7:25pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fired a P7 before, I thought the squeeze cock thing was interesting. I did like the pistol but when it's owner told me how much he paid for it I decided it was to rich for my blood.

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I fired a P7 before, I thought the squeeze cock thing was interesting. I did like the pistol but when it's owner told me how much he paid for it I decided it was to rich for my blood.
    Ive heard a price on the P13 at 5 to 6 thousand but the P8 can be found for under a thousand I believe.

Its best carried in some type of holster and is very concealable, thus the special intrest by some users. Overall its a classic but Im afraid it will never be produced again although I have played with the idea of making them on a limeted bases, lots of paperwork is required but there is now H&K manufacturing in Thailand. Who knows, It would be a cool project but the product would be big time pricey?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast