Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Michael

Posted On:
    9/06/2002 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have any of you thought about what you would've done if you were on one of those airplanes that crashed on 9/11, and knew what was going to happen? I'm not being saddistic here guys I just think about it every once in a while and with the anniversary coming up I was wondering where everybody elses thoughts were.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2002 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In retrospect, I would have fought like hell to kill each and everyone of those attackers. But that's in hindsite where we know what the outcome is.

The reality that those people faced on those planes is different than what we understand now. Historically, hijackings ended with the plane being landed, the hostages being negotiated for, etc. None of them could have suspected that they'd be used as a missiles. Given that I would have thought that the plane was going to be landed, I would have stayed put, as I wouldn't want to put my fellow passengers at risk. If I attacked a hijacker close to me, one of his friends might be inclined to kill someone else. I wouldn't want that blood on my hands.

If it happened now, I would go after them with every last bit of strength that I had, as I know the consequences of in-action far outweigh the potential consequenes of action.
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 3:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the guys on the third plane .. after they had called people and knew the first plane had plowed into the trade center ... knew what was up .. they faught back and won .. I would have helped, I guess. On the first plane .. like you said .. nobody knew what was happening so why take a big risk.

They did only have box cutters though. I don't imagine getting a fatal wound from one of those is an everyday thing.
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 3:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think they said they had bombs though .. most likely. But if they had a bomb then they'd have guns too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 10:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like it's been stated... If I knew they were going to crash us into a building instead of the standard demands and release norm then I would have no problem fighting. I would at least die ,some what, on my own terms with a slight chance of survival.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    9/08/2002 2:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knowing what I know now, I'd try to get everyone on the plane to charge the terrorists, but have a cart or something ahead of them. The seat cushions could probably stop box cutters too - and sense they are really easy to break, if they get stuck you can just twist it and snap it off. One on One, if your shoe has a thick enough sole, or if you have something like a laptop, cart, or a seatcushion, that boxcutter won't do much. against a plane full of WILLING people, a few guys with kinves can't do crap. at least we could regain control of the airplane and get guided into some sort of controlled landing by the tower. But, in the situation then, knowing what I know now, I'd know I was going to die either way, unless we got control back, and I'd be damned sure I would minimize the number of people going with me beyond this world.

I am also completely for sky marshals that are fully armed in the airplanes. The chinese, I hear, have armed them with small handaxes - which is probably a good idea. Bullet holes at 35,000 feet is not a good thing. Maybe those bullets that shatter on hard stuff but work against soft targets (people) would be well used here. Even some kind of propaganda set up to get everyone on the plane to fight back would be a good idea. As a matter of fact, why not tell them to use carts and seatcushions and life vests and such for defence? And teach pilots how to use that axe in the cockpit?

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 1:45am

Style: BJJ, Vale Tudo, Wrestling, Sanshou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard the leader of the guys who fought back was a pretty accomplished Judo guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 2:24am

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read in 2 magazines that the terrerists trained in the martial arts at some school in the U.S. before it all happened. As to what they were taught I don't know.
  9. 9chambers

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there are guns that shoot out batons .. like large plastic bullets or something .. heck, even a police baton would help.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2002 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They were armed with...boxcutters. I would've jumped them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast