Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 8:16pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twKoxinga
    How does the HCK standard single last? is it durable?

How comfortable is it, and do you know how it compares to the competition gi?

I'm thinking of buying one over the holidays.
    I've had it 4 months and other than the shrinking (which was intentional) there are no changes in its appearance, build or feel. This is with washing it 3-4 times a week w/ soap and hot water (I'm a heavy, heavy sweater. if I don't wash it after each use it stinks badly). Rolling 3-4 days a week and 3 competitions. BTW it's the non-bleached standard.

I don't have any experience w/ the competition single, but it's the same price as the Atama goldweave. If the only differences between the standard goldweave and the mundial (which I have) are the tapered sleaves/jacket I'd pick a goldweave over the HCK.

To me the attractiveness of the HCK standard single is the price for what you get (bang for your buck). Once you hit the $100 mark the bang for your buck ratio goes down lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 9:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm thinking i'll just buy the white or unbleached HCK single

is there a large color difference between the two?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 11:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by twKoxinga
    Yeah, I'm thinking i'll just buy the white or unbleached HCK single

is there a large color difference between the two?
    Yes, the unbleached one looks sort of tan - in comparison the bleached ones, like almost all other bjj gis, are blindingly white.

A lot of judo and aikido gears are also "natural" colored. Keep in mind this is the natural cotton color, not dyed.

Urban legend has it that bleaching weakens the cotton fibers hence the "naturals" are stronger. But these things are all darn near indestructible anyway.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    12/06/2006 12:18pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just picked up a Toraki BJJ gi and it rules! Honestly for around $100 CND you can't get a much better gi. I was rolling with a gi wearing a top end Atama last night and really outside of very minor things you couldn't tell which one costed twice what the other did.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12