223756 Bullies, 3737 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 32
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 3:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    How do motivation

    So Sirc's been a lazy bugger for the last 2 months. My family has a genetic leaning towards gaining weight, or at least that's what I'd like to think. If I keep up a decent workout I will weight about 150lbs walking and in my peak physical condition, I'll be around 140ish depending on how much I lift.

    Anyway, being a lazy butt has put me back up at 155lbs and I'm feeling sluggish and yucky. How do you motivate yourself to train? I've lost a bit of motivation for various reasons. Usually I train to compete, but there is a serious lack of competitions in my area and I can't justify spending the little amounts of money I have to travel vast distances to compete. Please give me ideas to motivate myself to get off my lazy ass and go kick some.
  2. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 3:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm coming for you this throwdown.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  3. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 5:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IF it gets thrown. Pfft.
  4. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,193

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:09pm

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dont know if you do this but its something i used to do, and thats make excuses not to train. like, oh my leg hurts today or my hand hurts or i had a hard day at work, i used to actually on my way home from work think up reasons not to train. instead of doing that think of reasons why you should train, for example WOMEN, feeling fit, WOMEN, being able to outwrestle my friends, WOMEN, and so on. now ive sort of gotten to the other extreme where i turn up even when i really shouldnt be training due to injuries etc.

    as far as fghting goes, well just keep training and sparring etc and then when you do get fights you have that much more experience
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, I don't make up reasons NOT to train. I love to do it. I just don't know why I haven't been "feeling" it lately. Although the idea of Emevas raping me kind of scares me.
  6. MacWombat is offline

    BJJ Suckee

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Westchester, NY / Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,131

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:34pm


     Style: Relson GJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    i dont know if you do this but its something i used to do, and thats make excuses not to train. like, oh my leg hurts today or my hand hurts or i had a hard day at work, i used to actually on my way home from work think up reasons not to train. instead of doing that think of reasons why you should train, for example WOMEN, feeling fit, WOMEN, being able to outwrestle my friends, WOMEN, and so on. now ive sort of gotten to the other extreme where i turn up even when i really shouldnt be training due to injuries etc.

    as far as fghting goes, well just keep training and sparring etc and then when you do get fights you have that much more experience

    I do that all the time. One of my worst excuses was because the gym was too crowded. I'm a tool.
  7. War Wizard is offline
    War Wizard's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,152

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:36pm


     Style: Judo - Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch Rocky I. Repeat.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
  8. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:43pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Nah, I don't make up reasons NOT to train. I love to do it. I just don't know why I haven't been "feeling" it lately. Although the idea of Emevas raping me kind of scares me.


    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  9. leere_form is offline
    leere_form's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    587

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 8:36pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    best advice i ever got on the martial arts:

    "no matter how much you don't want to go to practice, go anyway."

    and my last reason for not going to class:

    my gi didn't get dry in the dryer, or somehow dry it at all. and it was too late to put it back in. i suck.
  10. War Wizard is offline
    War Wizard's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,152

    Posted On:
    12/03/2006 9:40pm


     Style: Judo - Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leere_form

    my gi didn't get dry in the dryer, or somehow dry it at all. and it was too late to put it back in. i suck.
    Ha, as much as I sweat in class, I might as well not dry my gis after washing them.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.