Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Afrikan Discipline Scienc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

social Issues and the Martial Artist

Alright now that the initiation is over.... I understood that this was the page to address serious issues but I believe in using a small amount of decorum for my first impression of myself. But I do have "frequent flyer miles" accummulated from my time share in "HELL".
    I am on a personal mission to expose why we as practioners of the discipline arts are having such a hard time identifying with abuse situations of our young in the martial arts schools... Fraud is just the tip of the iceberg...

I have carefully scanned the page for the topic of the hour but I am still digging through all the glitz, glimmer and smilies. Personally I prefer the KISS method. Does a person just bring up a topic or my dear brothers in the arts... Or where the hell do I find it....?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:16am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not really sure what you are asking.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For example... World AIDS Day was December 1st and I saw hardly any universal support from our martial arts community...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:27am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....And?

I support Movember full-time, that what you wanna hear grasshopper?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over the years I have found that I have made more of an impact doing the martial arts as an ice breaker especially with youth who have been "raised" on movies that make us larger than life... They often times will refer to me as that"karate lady" so you better behave. Therefore if we have this special gift to communicate why aren't we going full steam to get the information out about HIV, domestic abuse, drug abuse etc....I have been to 94 funerals of youth who believed that they were invincible.... They were misinformed.... So if jumping over that link whip chain with my behind like I do at workshops will make a youth think twice before a fight.... Well bring on the bouncing booty....! Bottomline we had the key to alleviate poor choices in the minds of youth.... As long as we practice what we preach... If you get my drift!!! Teachers should be careful what they do when they think they are out of the spotlight!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS: In the old days we did not have the internet to close down entities that were living up to the rightous way... we just paid a visit to the location and got up close and personal... My files of about instructors who have been inappropriate in their behavior go back decades..... and with the following proverb - I will sign out.....
    "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. speak up and Judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."
    Proverbs 31:8-9

gyneme (Fear nothing but the Creator!)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:00am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is a self masturbation thread right? should I post pics?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:06am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tend to think that people who involve their MAs in these things are usually just using it to advertise their group.

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:13am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically, you are saying that we as martial artists should exploit the fact that people listen to us more to "spread the message" (Whatever the message may be.)?

See, first off, I don't really think people listen to MAists more then other people, second, that takes away from mat time, so I think I'll pass, unless you convince me otherwise.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 8:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a paraphrase...."When they came for the .....I did nothing............When they came for me......there was no one to help" Well you understand the point....

Those who are given the power should use it for the good of humanity.... The ole "It's not my problem" is alive and well I see..... I pray there is never a need for you to search out a "program" such as the ones I support. I am not looking for anyone on this site to convince or agree with me.... Just wanted to put another iron in the fire as to everyones effort to keep the martial arts a safe haven for those who wish to find real inner success. As a survivor of the "no such martial art" persecution experiences - trust me I am one of those forged in the fire martial artists who believes that we as a community may be one of the last groups able to sit down and resepct each other though we may differ on the process.

And the next topic is......?
Page 1 of 45 1 234511 ... LastLast