Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:17am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this tracey guy you speak of resides behind the user name of "White Belt" on MAP...drop him a PM and I'm sure he'll help you as best as he can...failing that you can always try truth serum on your master (which for him is a tube of the special ketchup they use on MacDonalds cheeseburgers...)

Hope this helps...
    (psst...now run!)

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 7:29am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, here is an honest, no flames opinion.

I have never practiced your style of ninjutsu, but I have practiced Bujinkan. (Look it up if you don't know what it is.)
    It is ****. It is absolutely worthless in all measurable dimensions of reality, and it spawns inflated egos, LARPing manners and "Too Deadly" mentality.

My advice to you is to walk away from all things ninjutsu, ALL of it, and look up a radically different style, such as Muay Tha´, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Even if you don't decide these particular styles are the ones for you, I think it's very important you see what real MA training should look like. Remember, No contact = No training.

I know it's not easy to question oneself, especially if you have been training ninjutsu for a long time, but the sooner, the better. Either you'll find a full contact art you are satisfied with, or you'll realize that MA is'nt for you. Either way is better then constant voices of doubt.
    Good luck.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 9:12am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    "I hold the lineage to the Knight's Templar fighting system. There's no documentary proof becuase they didn't write it down. That's also why no medeival millitary historians can validate my claim. If you can't proove that I'm lying/deceptive/delusional then by default it's all true."
    Virus, dont destroy my illusions, I am still searching for the lost treasure.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 10:03am

Style: Varied

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riftwalker
    Now I see a post where one of the most respected of our black sashes has walked away after 17 years. A man who I only had the pleasure of meeting a few times but always impressed me as something of a ideal that I could look up to and aspire to. Now it is as though that is the final straw (or perhaps telephone pole) that has made me cross the line into open questioning. If anybody has any offlist way to contact Master Tracy Stephens so I can talk this over with someone I know and respect I will be eternally grateful. Failing that, I am asking for someone to contact me and discuss this rationally. I have no desire to get involved in any kind of flame war with anyone and will refuse to do so. Rather I am asking for guidance and truth

I saw something earlier regarding some kind of lawsuit and before anyone asks; No I am in no way (to my knowledge) involved in that and have not in fact had anything except for sporadic contact with anyone in my style for over two years, small matter of a war in the middle east you know?
    Riftwalker,

I am one of the defendants named in the lawsuit, Cayce Lancaster by name. If you want to contact me via pm, e-mail, or Yahoo instant messenger, please do so. If, after conversing with you I am convinced of your sincerity, I can put you in touch with Tracy Stephens. My e-mail is calanc49@yahoo.com. My YIM handle is cslanc49. YIM would be better if we can agree to a time to be on-line at the same time.

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 2:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backdraft
    Alright, here is an honest, no flames opinion.

I have never practiced your style of ninjutsu, but I have practiced Bujinkan. (Look it up if you don't know what it is.)
    It is ****. It is absolutely worthless in all measurable dimensions of reality, and it spawns inflated egos, LARPing manners and "Too Deadly" mentality.

My advice to you is to walk away from all things ninjutsu, ALL of it, and look up a radically different style, such as Muay Tha´, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Even if you don't decide these particular styles are the ones for you, I think it's very important you see what real MA training should look like. Remember, No contact = No training.

I know it's not easy to question oneself, especially if you have been training ninjutsu for a long time, but the sooner, the better. Either you'll find a full contact art you are satisfied with, or you'll realize that MA is'nt for you. Either way is better then constant voices of doubt.
    Good luck.
    T3h C0rr3ct. This is the best advice you will ever get on anything. Avoid ninjas, all ninjas, now.

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 6:45pm

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    T3h C0rr3ct. This is the best advice you will ever get on anything. Avoid ninjas, all ninjas, now.

No, no, no! Ninjas are teh k3w125t and second only to Pirates!

Anything with the words "Ninjutsu", "Bujinkan" (and other -kans) , "Koga", and "Ashida" are to be avoided. Period.

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 10:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have contacted 'imarubber' off-list and I wanted to thank everyone who responded with clarity and honest, well thought out advice. I promise to ponder on everything that has been said with an open mind. As I said, thank you for allowing me use of this space

-----------------------------------------

well perhaps I spoke too soon. I just got my message back after it bounced. Is that email addy spelled wrong perhaps?

:
    216.39.53.1 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a
    yahoo.com account (calanc49@yahoo.com) [0] - mta117.mail.re4.yahoo.com"
    Last edited by Riftwalker; 12/03/2006 10:30pm at .

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 10:54pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riftwalker
    I have contacted 'imarubber' off-list and I wanted to thank everyone who responded with clarity and honest, well thought out advice. I promise to ponder on everything that has been said with an open mind. As I said, thank you for allowing me use of this space

-----------------------------------------

well perhaps I spoke too soon. I just got my message back after it bounced. Is that email addy spelled wrong perhaps?

:
    216.39.53.1 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a
    yahoo.com account (calanc49@yahoo.com) [0] - mta117.mail.re4.yahoo.com"
    Get back to us with your decisions. And don't run away from the flame wars, you don't have to participate in them, but you can choose to read the whole thing and respond to those which only have value.

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 10:54am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to be an ass, but were you not suspicious that a ~400lb white guy was claiming to be a ninja master?
    Last edited by 1bad65; 12/04/2006 11:18am at .

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 10:59am

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If emailing did'nt work, I suggest using Bullshido's PM system. Anyhow, keep us updated on your decision. I hope you see the proverbial light, and leave the ninja path of delusions.
    Good luck.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast