Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:11am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homerthedoomer
    Speaking of magic pants... those guys have RED Hakamas...
    They also claim that they invented 20 new techniques against kicks, but unfortunately there's no further information.
    Just as a point of pretentiousness, there's no plural in Nihongo "hakama" 袴 can equally mean one pair or many.

In the shoden series of waza in Dai-to Ryu there are some 118 individual techniques alone, I doubt some how that some 'tards have "invented" anything new for aikido considering it is already a gendai art and, if studied correctly with the right martial attitude, has all the waza it actually needs.

Have a nice day

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:15am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt some how that some 'tards have "invented" anything new for aikido
    i watched their "new technique" videos.

i was doing exactly that **** in my aikido dojo in high school.

so.. yeah.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    12/05/2006 10:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched the videos on that site and I can't say I saw anything either "new" or aikido studied for anything other than a reason to put on their keikogi.

Whist I accept they were putting on a demo for the public, none of the attacks were positive by any stretch of the imagination, the ukemi was entirely compliant and as such I failed to recognise any effective awase or kuzushi.

Many aikidoka fail to understand that if "harmony" exists between uke and tori BEFORE an attack is initiated, then there's no need for technique. Technique is supposed to restore "harmony" by dumping uke on his face or arse. Additionally "harmony" does not refer to a poetic or utopia state of friendship between uke and tori, it should, in a martial sense, refer to the harmony (or another less flowery word - "safety") being restored to tori as a result of bringing conflict to an end.

The sword and jo waza was fucking dire, no concept of issoku iito no ma-ai what so ever.

In short, ****.

Have a nice day
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123