Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:21pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MM4Guy
    Look at the fight, this guy beat Jongsanon (2x Lumpinee Champ) without dodging, that counts as winning. That means dodging is dumb and pointless.
    This is kinda like saying "one time my uncle had an accident involving his arteries and a chainsaw, though he didn't go to the hospital and lived, therefore, going to the hospital for chainsaw wounds is dumb and pointless."

I'm not questioning that the victor was/is a tough bastard, but in no way does his behavior somehow warrant a blanket statement like "doding is dumb and pointless" or "dodging is for pussies".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:32pm

Style: Shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Hmm... Honestly, without any disrespect, but this thread makes me wonder: where do these statements on "no elbows" stand in our nice little dispute on alive training?
    Or are you proving other opinions right (not mine though...) when stating that ALTHOUGH YOU DON'T TRAIN the technique in sparring, YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY USE IT in a fight? Can you see the point, thai brothers?
    Tonuzaba
    Even if you just go through the motions, using the technique in sparring does train you to use it in a real fight. Your brain still produces the properly timed impulse to take advantage of an appropriate opening (heretofore known as step 1) and you still follow the correct motion to place the strike, paying attention to body structure, balance and timing (heretofore known as step 2) you're just pulling the punch as it is said so that you don't hurt the person (heretofore known as step 3). Step 1 and Step 2 are important to establish muscle memory whereas Step 3 is not. Step 3 exists as the culmination of Steps 1 and 2, but is not necessary to develop steps 1 and 2, it's just the next step after.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:38pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    You could buy this kiddie t-shirt for the Lumpinee champions future grandchildren:
    http://www.tshirthell.com/store/prod...?productid=212
    Btw, MM4Guy, when you typed "dodging is for pussies/is dumb and pointless" we became witnesses to a martial arts revolution. You're right, who needs defense? And who'd ever need brain cells? Not a tough fighter, no sir!
    Just absorb and go!
    For how long though?
    What a nice poem you made me write...
    Tonuzaba
    No, you became witnesses to sarcasm that went over your head apparently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2006 6:39pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    This is kinda like saying "one time my uncle had an accident involving his arteries and a chainsaw, though he didn't go to the hospital and lived, therefore, going to the hospital for chainsaw wounds is dumb and pointless."

I'm not questioning that the victor was/is a tough bastard, but in no way does his behavior somehow warrant a blanket statement like "doding is dumb and pointless" or "dodging is for pussies".
    Clearly the sarcasm also went over your head.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registeredTagger Second ClassRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 6:20am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MM4Guy
    No, you became witnesses to sarcasm that went over your head apparently.
    Some mean stuff seriously. Got used to react to serious statements, sorry.
    So you do dodge and defend too? Good to know I'm not the only ***** to try to do so...
    Tonuzaba

STOP POSTING!

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 9:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its funny how tonu tries to come across as intelligent yet falls for the most fucking obvious half ass sarcastic remarks

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registeredTagger Second ClassRecommendation Second Class

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 3:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    its funny how tonu tries to come across as intelligent yet falls for the most fucking obvious half ass sarcastic remarks
    Since Bullshido is the first and only Net forum I spend any time worth mentioning at I am still just getting used to the way people "behave" on the Net.
    I have no intention to start "internet-talk" or play a role in any way. So yes, sometimes I get caught by what you call trolling or whatever. **** happens.
    I came to Bullshido to communicate and to get to know what others think. Stuff like trolling and the overwhelming presence of pseudo-jokes I see as forced and unnecessary just fucking eats my time spent here.
    Or, if it makes you happier I can put it this way: you guys took my Internet-forum-virginity with no mercy.
    ;-)
    Tonuzaba

Do you eat breakfast?

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Champion

Posted On:
    12/09/2006 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having had ANY exposure to sarcasm/ironic humor, on or off the internet, should be enough to clue you in to when people aren't being exactly serious. When someone says something that is obviously absurd, don't be dense and respond to it as though people on the internet are all insane. Maybe you're just really dense.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Achievements:

Posted On:
    12/10/2006 12:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Maybe you're just really dense.
    I'm working on it... On easing up that is.
    Tonuzaba
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345