Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba
    Hmm... Honestly, without any disrespect, but this thread makes me wonder: where do these statements on "no elbows" stand in our nice little dispute on alive training?
    Or are you proving other opinions right (not mine though...) when stating that ALTHOUGH YOU DON'T TRAIN the technique in sparring, YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY USE IT in a fight? Can you see the point, thai brothers?
    Tonuzaba
    The difference is that we know how effective elbows are simply because we can observe this in all the bazillions of full thai rules matches. When it comes to **** like wing chun anti-grapple, you never see it and have no idea that it can actually work.

It would obviously be better if you could safely spar with elbows, but sadly it can be difficult to do. Now would I be confident in my ability to effectively use elbows in a fight? No. Because I've never used them other than to wack a pad. Could I potentially use them effectively? Yes, but only because I have the foundation of all the other elements of fighting that I've sparred with.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a difference between alive training of a choking technique not involving a real choking of your training partner and of an alive training of an elbow strike not involving an elbow strike, don't you think?
    Tonuzaba
    There is also a difference between people routinely sparring with a partner then someone who's sparring partner is a wooden dummy.

PS.Why do you care how MT'ers train?You're just an idiot troll.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 12/03/2006 1:50pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... Honestly, without any disrespect, but this thread makes me wonder: where do these statements on "no elbows" stand in our nice little dispute on alive training?
    Or are you proving other opinions right (not mine though...) when stating that ALTHOUGH YOU DON'T TRAIN the technique in sparring, YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY USE IT in a fight? Can you see the point, thai brothers?
    Tonuzaba
    like so many other stupid people you haven't grasped the idea of live training. go back and try again.

nad like others have said- the proof is easy to see. wing chun on the other hand still sucks fucking balls.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 8:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everything else aside, you can apply elbow techniques because it's essentially the same as a hook, which everyone does use.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2006 11:25pm

Style: Muay Thai, No Gi Judo/Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You mean like in boxing? LOL AMIRITE!?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 2:58am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Now would I be confident in my ability to effectively use elbows in a fight? No. Because I've never used them other than to wack a pad. Could I potentially use them effectively? Yes, but only because I have the foundation of all the other elements of fighting that I've sparred with.
    First of all: respect, Kidspatula, for answering me in the manner you did, which is communication - unlike some of your hot-blooded MT brothers. I agree with the above.
    However when you write:
    The difference is that we know how effective elbows are simply because we can observe this in all the bazillions of full thai rules matches.
    I have doubts. Does that mean that if I'm able to observe a technique being used succesfully by ANOTHER fighter, I can use it alike? I don't think so... If so, all fat freaks watching UFC on TV would instantly become deadly monsters...

Tonuzaba

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 3:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    There is also a difference between people routinely sparring with a partner then someone who's sparring partner is a wooden dummy.
    PS.Why do you care how MT'ers train?You're just an idiot troll.
    Two things that got you lower on my evaluating list:
    1. you removed Borat from your avatar
    2. you managed to prove you're not using reason when posting in the above quoted 2 sentences.
    I sincerely believe you didn't mean them though, you were just a little upset - though I don't really see why, i just joined a debate on realistic elbow technique training with a factual question.
    You couldn't really mean that any WT person would claim or think the wooden dummy is a sparring partner.
    You coudln't possibly be serious when asking why do I care how MT'ers train... Why the goddamned heck do you join all the -ing -un threads then? Now that's idiotic trolling to me, bro.
    I am interested in the elbow techniques, because they (can) work and they are one of the toughest in the arsenal of both MT'ers and WT people. We too love to use elbows, you know?
    Tonuzaba

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 3:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    like so many other stupid people you haven't grasped the idea of live training. go back and try again.
    nad like others have said- the proof is easy to see. wing chun on the other hand still sucks fucking balls.
    Alex, you can be reasonable, why don't you just take a deep breath and try to ignore my style field for once?
    Try to view it like this: if I'd write on Bullshido, that I don't use ------ (fill in any technique) in sparring but I'm sure I could knock you out with it, you mean you wouldn't fucking flame me? Sure as hell you would!
    I was just asking. Is it enough to train elbows on pads and bags and claim you can use them effectively? Kidspatula answered in a way I imagined someone trained and experienced to answer. You attacked instead of answering.
    Tonuzaba

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 3:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Villain]Thai boxers fight though.
    Right. Though they're not alone and being tough is not always sufficient.
    Anyways, stop throwing around the word "aliveness". Your issue is that they aren't used in sparring. Just say that.
    Ehm, the second thing you quoted came from someone else, though it seemed to me that you answered as if I'd written it...
    Tonuzaba

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/04/2006 3:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex, you can be reasonable, why don't you just take a deep breath and try to ignore my style field for once?
    Try to view it like this: if I'd write on Bullshido, that I don't use ------ (fill in any technique) in sparring but I'm sure I could knock you out with it, you mean you wouldn't fucking flame me? Sure as hell you would!
    I was just asking. Is it enough to train elbows on pads and bags and claim you can use them effectively? Kidspatula answered in a way I imagined someone trained and experienced to answer. You attacked instead of answering.
    Tonuzaba
    i always just assume you are trolling.

if you want a serious answer, i dont really agree with the other people here. i dont think it is enough to just throw elbows on pads and bags. now in thailand that works because those guys are fighting with elbows every other weekend since they are about 10-12 years old. its for this same reason they dont spar much in thailand except in the clinch, they dont need to when they are fighting all the time anyway. over here we spar a lot more because fights are much further apart.

so for incorporating elbows into our training, as i said we dont let the nubs do it but in the advanced class we do "live" training and sparring drills with them. one of the main ones we do with elbows is more of a sensitivity thing where you clinch and as soon as someone throws an elbow you throw one back. of course we dont try and slam each others skulls in doing this. this drills into you when and how to throw elbows as well as how to defend against them.

when i said you didnt understand the live training bit i meant you are equating live training with sparring. this is not the case.

edit- and every clip ive seen of _ing _un people using elbows is pretty much a 101 on things NOT to do when using elbows. **** like this-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHWvOU08Utw

you ALWAYS have your other arm plastered to your face while throwing an elbow because unless you are fighting some fucking chump, or you KO them with it, you WILL get one back
    Last edited by alex; 12/04/2006 3:33am at .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast