I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do TKD! WTF?

Yes, World Tae Kwon Do Federation it is! This space is dedicated to spreading WTF TKD is. It IS "alive" continuous point sparring. It does have a bunch of retarded flaws, but hey, it's fun to do. I videotaped myself tonight trying to keep a kickboxing mindset and going into it to try to play their game.

I have found that the rulesets are what cause such shittery in TKD. You can't win unless you play it the same way they do. Arms down, penguin bouncy bounce, etc. Also because the way it's trained, you HAVE to just hit once or twice and then make a run for it. That's really the only way to win.

Here's the first round:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJ4QrOLWj8

I'm the shirtless sexy asian. Anyway, this is trying to keep a more 'kickboxing' oriented mindset. But as you can see there are times when I want to just punch him in the face but I can't. Leg kicks = no. Checking with legs = no. Puncing to the face = no. There really is no way to win in their game without playing it like they do. Keeping your hands up will = them scoring points. Why? Because the rules are fucking gay. Even if you block the kick because you didn't fully cover the target they will get a point. Also, as you can see, blocking is really easy, and IT DOESN'T EVEN HURT! As you can see from my smug stance, it doesn't take much to block. HOWEVER THEY ARE STILL GETTING POINTS! These rule sets are why this game of tag has evolved to be the way it is. You can't win unless you play it like that, hands down, no guard, etc.

Also, because of that stupid impenetrable armor, there were people that I were hitting straight into the ribs the way I would hit someone during Kickboxing training that will TKO them with a livershot type of thing, that didn't even feel it. Trying to punch is not even going to help. One guy I hit hard enough to knock him down while he was standing there in his "sparring stance" and he didn't even feel it. You'll have to excuse my lackluster performance this is the first time in about 3ish months I've done anything. Also I was being lazy and smug and just trying to do some experimental things.

So how would you fight a TKD person? Easy, punch them in the face. That's all it takes. And since they don't guard it'll be easier than a little thai school girl at 3pm in the afternoon. Let them come in, take a few taps and punch them in the face. They have 0 in-fighting skills. However, it is difficult to chase them because that's pretty much all they train for.

In conclusion: Don't hate the player, hate the fucking game. I hope this has been helpful. And if not, then blow me.

I have more rounds, but youtube is being extremely homogay about processing them so you'll all just have to wait.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 2:35am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I've always wanted to do that. Would you reccommend it to a fellow kickboxer who can't kick for **** (except a big slow push kick)?

Also, you're not allowed to check kicks with your shin? What the fucking hell? That's the only sensible counter to many TKD-style instep kicks...

Nice going, by the way, damn you and your asian kicking powers. I loved your floaty jumping 360 roundhouse thing there.

If I were in there it'd be more me sidestepping once, then charging in and just throwing hooks and running after him while the other guy hit me about 300 times with those soft little taps. ;)

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 3:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Man, I've always wanted to do that. Would you reccommend it to a fellow kickboxer who can't kick for **** (except a big slow push kick)?

Also, you're not allowed to check kicks with your shin? What the fucking hell? That's the only sensible counter to many TKD-style instep kicks...

Nice going, by the way, damn you and your asian kicking powers. I loved your floaty jumping 360 roundhouse thing there.

If I were in there it'd be more me sidestepping once, then charging in and just throwing hooks and running after him while the other guy hit me about 300 times with those soft little taps. ;)
    It's fun for what it is. It's GREAT for your cardio I can tell you that. Try throwing like 50 roundhouses (jumping ones too) for 2 minutes. I would actually recommend people to try it out at least once or twice so you can see how limiting it is. For you, I would suggest learning how to kick, lol. Yep, can't check kicks with your shin, as you saw I did it in the first few seconds. It's REALLY frustrating going from TKD to Kickboxing to TKD. And that wasn't that great, I usually kick a LOT faster, but I am sooo out of shape. I haven't trained in about 3-4ish months or something like that.

You can charge all you want, but they'll just run backwards tagging you until you both left the boundaries and you'd get pwnt by points alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabster the Bad Elf
    Hey!

Indominable Spirit Dude!

LOL. **** man. I was thinking takedown. Then punch the face. But I don't know all my tennents.
    Because of having such a high center of gravity WTF'ers are EXTREMELY easy to take down. Also, why waste the energy to take them down when you can just sock them one in the face standing up? No need to get your clothes dirty.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 3:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3C5mFyydik

Round 2. Even more debauchery! Note all the times where I would hesistate to punch because I want to punch him in the head. Also excuse my smug prick look and body language... I really have no excuse, just pretend I gave one.

I would imagine much much much frustration from all of ye if you were to try to participate in this.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 3:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDme9po3eg

And the third and final round. Well not really there's two more, but they suck and I'm not gonna post them. Anyway, note that I do better when I start playing by their rules and the traditional way of winning. Hands down, no guard and just random flailing of the legs. Wee! Good times for all.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 4:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll skip eloquency on this one:

Why do you choose to do so much gay **** and then bitch about it?

Lol

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 5:27am

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    I'll skip eloquency on this one:

Why do you choose to do so much gay **** and then bitch about it?

Lol
    Oh Camus, always quick to combine the words "gay", "****" and "bitch" in a single query.

Anyway Sirc, do you usually need to have some sort of registered rank in WTF TKD to compete, or can you just show up and register to fight most of the time? I'd love to try it out, it would give me a pretext to regain my flexibility.

Also, I fractured my friend's ribs once through a hogu with a hook (to be objective, he was standing still at the time, and I got to wind up pretty good) but the ones in the video here look more invincible than the one my friend had on...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 8:21am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my experiance when I was younger, and competing in TKD tournaments, alot of guys would just by a belt, and a uniform, and use whatever style they knew and went in there and fought. I grew up with traditional TKD though, combined with Muay Thai and Judo, that's what our school was about. We learned to fight with our hands up in TKD tourneys. If you can get a quick high roundhouse in your arsenal, you will make the TKD guy hesitate alot more. Just like if you learn to counter circlerly, like they throw there endless round house, and you counter with a spin kick in the opposite direction, works everytime. You can kick in the head in TKD, but you can't punch to the head which sucks. Although seeing as how the ITF and the WTF, are talking about combining the federations, then we might see a change in the whole head contact. Do to the fact that ITF tourneys allow you to punch and kick full contact, they stop after every point. If they take ITF sparring rules, and combined them with the style of continueous sparring of WTF. Then TKD will gain much more respect, and actually be considered a combat sport, there will be alot more KO's, and alot more publicity, if they just keep there flashy techniques, and apply kickboxing rules basically. It would have a good chance of making into the mainstream of MA.

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 10:30am

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    suuuuure you did masta chance. only you had the "real tkd".....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2006 10:33am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did'nt say only I, but it is hard to find good TKD schools, that are going to teach and train you in what is useful, as opposed to what works in tourneys. I am just glad I was fortunate enough to go to the school I did.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast