Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 5:06pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd

Just so you guys know, this is exactly what alive training looks like. Yes, I know it's instruction. But you know what? There's a universal posture, a facial expression universal to all martial stupidity. There's a tone of voice, a dumbass "I could go here...here....AND INTO AN ARMBAR!!" cadence seen in all terrible schools. And this, folks, is it.

By the way, if there's any question whatsoever that your instructor is a convicted sex offender, consider that just above the wooden dummy is the box a Rapecase Delux comes in.
    I wish sombody could tell those future assult victims to keep there gaurd up when throwing a punch .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey DTT...

Nice review. I'm curious what a "grappling horse dummy" is, and how it is used. Do you have any pics?

I know the rest of you folks hate WC/WT, and like to give DTT a lot of ****...but give him credit for reviewing his school, and understand that everyone who reviewed thier school did so subjectively.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodedmonk
    I wish sombody could tell those future assult victims to keep there gaurd up when throwing a punch .
    Quiet!!! They're learning Principles of Motion!!!
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 5:42pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd
    Quiet!!! They're learning Principles of Motion!!!
    oops! my bad.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I don't think that qualifies as trolling, especially when you rated
    Atmosphere a 9.0 and the school looks like Spider's basement from Pulp Fiction.
    I was only refering to his stupid Court TV joke attempt. His comment about crime scene
    photos was a fine observation, even if none of my photos have a scale bar in them, and
    half have living people or fish. It appears that trolling and bad humor are allowed, so
    eventually only sacred BJJ schools will get any new reviews.

Well, When someone puts up a chart ranking what the numbers mean in terms of Aliveness
    I will modify accordingly. We spar, we try to screw with eachother and not just play along,
    we use resistance, and everything done in a form or partner drill is then attempted in free
    sparring. In fact WT is based on the concept that your arm "feels" what to do, not what
    you "think" the drill is supposed to be. Often even in partner drills people go the wrong
    way and you have to react accordingly.

And in Escrima we strike hard with only sticks for protection. and strike to hit real targets.
    You mess up you get hit. Doesn't get much more alive then that.

Now I freely admit that beginners gotta learn techniques first and that type of training is
    much lower on the Aliveness number scale, but as they learn something to practice, it gets
    more and more random and resistant. In all fairness to you Judges, who have never been
    here but seem to know all, I will again lower Aliveness down to 5 (I started at 7 anyway,
    and that was to high).

As to atmosphere, that is what a traditional Hong Kong Wing Chun Apartment style gym
    looks like. All that mess and stacked storage is an elaborate set up to build character!! It
    is carefully created to look like Master Yip Mans apartment.... Bitchs!!!And how many of you
    got an outdoor elevated redwood deck overlooking a Koa pond? How many of you get the
    top level people in the world or Country into your place? I am gonna make it a 10!!

There are only 3 students to 1 instructor, and due to 2 students working some nights, it is
    often a 1 on 1 class. You can't get a much better ratio then that. So Shuma G can go ****
    himself with his 5. Just shows people ranking gyms they don't train at is kinda stupid...

As to the Photos of Sifu Micheal, that is not alive training stupid. He is showing students
    techical details. and yes John Candys arm is allready locked out at the elbow. If Sifu Casey
    could get his crotch up there to stabilize it will his privates he could even make it into a BJJ
    arm bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    Hey DTT...

Nice review. I'm curious what a "grappling horse dummy" is, and how it is used. Do you have any pics?
    it is a heavy bag, but not hanging. You can throw it, sweep it, kick it or knee drop onto it,
    practice hard knee side mounts ect... When placed on a special table it can be used for
    practicing offline full power hits to tacklers necks and kidneys, low knee strikes to tacklers
    head, and even neck cranks with kicks to standing legs. In the system of training I have
    been at pains to discribe on this forum, all the chi sau and other partner drills need to be
    backed up with the same movements full power into bags and dummys. This Dummy fills in the nead for downward strikes

Why don't you assholes go troll Anthony, he gave everything a ten!!!

edited to fit wide screen
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 12/09/2006 3:31am at .

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 10:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and yes John Candys arm is allready locked out at the elbow. If Sifu Casey could get his crotch up there to stabilize it will his privates he could even make it into a BJJ arm bar.
    There's a ridiculously easy armbar from there that doesn't use the hips as a fulcrum, but no matter; I'm aware that your knowledge of grappling stops at what you've made up to make yourself feel better.

Why don't you assholes go troll Anthony, he gave everything a ten!!!
    There are legions of heretics like you to expunge from the internet before we need to give American Top Team any crap.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is Top Team a 10 for everything? I see how sweet they got it, but does everyone get 1
    on 1 instruction? Should we use top team as the benchmark for all 10's?

and what kinda **** is this:

Where are the stacks of boxes and why aren't there any leaves on the floor?

edit to fit screen
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 12/09/2006 3:34am at .

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reducing Aliveness score by 1 point after seeing that bag. Also:

(10:58:11 PM) Boyd: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...9/ebd1eaa7.jpg

(10:58:20 PM) Boyd: This is what a heavy bag looks like in Silent Hill

(10:58:32 PM) Shuma-Gorath: I was trying to put that into words.

(10:59:01 PM) Shuma-Gorath: Their idea of takedown defence is to beat on some perverse caricature of a heavy bag, stripped of all motion and usefulness.

(10:59:56 PM) Shuma-Gorath: Now we just need to tie it to their deep-seated guilt and/or sexual dysfunction.

(11:03:20 PM) Boyd: Their idea of takedown defence is to beat on some perverse caricature of a heavy bag, stripped of all motion and usefulness. And they do Wing Chun.

(11:03:23 PM) Boyd: There you go.

(11:04:39 PM) Boyd: Fun fact: "Wing Chun" is Chinese for "ungh....come on....come on....****....this usually doesn't happen, I....god, you know, ha ha, looks like I had a bit too much to drink tonight. Plus it's cold. Plus it's cold."

(11:05:32 PM) Boyd: Using the proper intonation it can also include the awkward pause and "Yeah, too much to drink. Definitely that. Cause otherwise, you know."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to the Photos of Sifu Micheal, that is not alive training stupid. He is showing students techical details. and yes John Candys arm is allready locked out at the elbow. If Sifu Casey could get his crotch up there to stabilize it will his privates he could even make it into a BJJ arm bar.
    You know, the comedy here is that I wasn't trying to make you look like a dumbass. My armbar comment was meant to point out how inopportune and impractical an armbar would be from that position, not an invitation for you to say "ARMBARS HAPPEN WHEN YOUR ARM IS EXTENDED SEE SEE I KNOW JIU-JITSU".

You people only wish you could be as awesome as us.

And was it really necessary to travel to Silent Hill for your heavybag? I imagine Dick's Sporting Goods would be much closer.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    11/30/2006 11:26pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast